collapse
Double U Hunting Supply GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GPS MAP

Author Topic: Multi Season Deer Permit  (Read 4761 times)

Offline 20 Minutes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Multi Season Deer Permit
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 05:50:09 PM »
although it could be wolves. i honestly have no idea.  :dunno:

I am want to try and hunt archery fro elk. Most guys claim they wish they never hunted modern, once they learned how to shoot a bow; and their hunting success went up.

for me, it is about the timing of when bow hunters can be out in the field and the completely different feel you have when you are hunting. You have to be way more in tune with your surroundings because you can't just shoot an animal at 250 yards like you can with a rifle. If you go archery you will never go back.

Did your success in seeing animals and harvesting animals go up after you made the switch?

Offline paytonma

• Hunter
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »
oh miss read that the north central units not prescott

Offline 20 Minutes

• Tracker
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »

Are you referring to Prescott or the NE WA units Bobcat mentioned?

Southeastern Wa is no different. We use to have 8-10 deer out of 15 hunters hanging in our camp. The last 4 seasons we have had 1 or 2 at best. Too many hunters, not enough ground to hunt, windmills, and too many damn doe tags (1200 per year) destoryed it. It will be a draw only or pay to hunt area in the next 5-10 years. Too many pissed off land owners have closed up there land, or they have turned it over to hunt clubs and outfitters. Now I am strongly considering switching weapons. I am want to try and hunt archery fro elk. Most guys claim they wish they never hunted modern, once they learned how to shoot a bow; and their hunting success went up.
yes my family owns property by loomis and weve hunted both the sinlahekin and wannacut unit and have had no success. ive only seen one shooter buck during the season in the 3 years ive gone. this year i put in for a wannacut doe tag that im guranteed to draw so most likely will get my first deer  :IBCOOL: . there are plenty of farms around that may give you permission, weve never asked because my family grew up on muleys and refuses to shoot any whitetail (not sure whats with that but oh well). but all in all there are deer there just difficult to find but the beauty of the country is enough to get me hooked.

Hopefully you can harvest a nice deer this season. Hang in there...you will get one. When I was your age, it took me 4 hunting seasons before I got my first deer; which was a doe. Once I got a few does and graduated and starting shooting bucks. Good luck!

Offline paytonma

• Hunter
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 06:10:43 PM »

Southeastern Wa is no different. We use to have 8-10 deer out of 15 hunters hanging in our camp. The last 4 seasons we have had 1 or 2 at best. Too many hunters, not enough ground to hunt, windmills, and too many damn doe tags (1200 per year) destoryed it. It will be a draw only or pay to hunt area in the next 5-10 years. Too many pissed off land owners have closed up there land, or they have turned it over to hunt clubs and outfitters. Now I am strongly considering switching weapons. I am want to try and hunt archery fro elk. Most guys claim they wish they never hunted modern, once they learned how to shoot a bow; and their hunting success went up.
yes my family owns property by loomis and weve hunted both the sinlahekin and wannacut unit and have had no success. ive only seen one shooter buck during the season in the 3 years ive gone. this year i put in for a wannacut doe tag that im guranteed to draw so most likely will get my first deer  :IBCOOL: . there are plenty of farms around that may give you permission, weve never asked because my family grew up on muleys and refuses to shoot any whitetail (not sure whats with that but oh well). but all in all there are deer there just difficult to find but the beauty of the country is enough to get me hooked.

Hopefully you can harvest a nice deer this season. Hang in there...you will get one. When I was your age, it took me 4 hunting seasons before I got my first deer; which was a doe. Once I got a few does and graduated and starting shooting bucks. Good luck!
thank you very much! its not seeing does thats hard or getting a shot on them because ive been seeing around 20 a day but its the bucks that are hard to find. but we'll see what the doe tag changes  :chuckle:

Offline 20 Minutes

• Tracker
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »

thank you very much! its not seeing does thats hard or getting a shot on them because ive been seeing around 20 a day but its the bucks that are hard to find. but we'll see what the doe tag changes  :chuckle:

If you don't fill your doe tag this year. PM me and I can put you on some private ground for the 2014 season. It should be pretty easy for you to draw a tag with no points; where I hunt. I would love to help a youth out and see him get his first deer. Stay in touch.

Offline Roperfive88

• Virtual Campfire
  • Hunter
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
I think Prescott would be much better than anywhere in . You might also consider hunting the NE for whitetails.

Is Prescott posted city? I thought I heard it is pretty hard to get permission, so don't waste points in that GMU. I could be wrong thou...

There is a lot of private ground. The feel free to hunt ground gets hunted to death and there is little to no chance of getting a quality buck out of those areas. There are tons of people driving the roads and When you are around Feel Free to hunt it is a real zoo. If you don't have permission to hunt private then don't bother. :twocents:
OT: Its funny to that some that hunt in Prescott don't realize the a fence is a property line. I have ran in to a couple people out hunting that were three properties from feel free to hunt and they said they didn't know but they had to cross three fences to get to where I was hunting.  :bash:  :bash:  :bash:  :mor:

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »
Well, fences aren't necessarily property lines. Although it is a good clue that maybe you need to consult your GPS and/or your map to verify you are where you think you are.

* Recent Topics

Banana Ice Cream by NOCK NOCK
[Today at 02:19:54 PM]

BBD. Norway pass by Mfowl
[Today at 02:17:30 PM]

First bear ever - BIG boar down! by b0bbyg
[Today at 02:17:04 PM]

Coyote hunting by drysideshooter
[Today at 02:14:55 PM]

Coyote down by Special T
[Today at 02:14:20 PM]

Bobcat down by drysideshooter