collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Jerk Strings!!!  (Read 3360 times)

Offline WACATHUNTER

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Jerk Strings!!!
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:43:01 AM »
Anybody have any good jerk string pics or prototypes.  My dad has made a few and I havn't been to impressesed, so I thought I would see what others are using.  Thanks,
WACAT

Offline HuntinCrazy

• Hunter
Re: Jerk Strings!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:37:14 PM »
I bought my from Cabela's. Works good IF you remember to pull the d*mn thing when the birds are working ya right. LOL
Each X holds 4 deeks. comes with 3 X and stake w/cord. Im using more of the wind powered  deeks (4)this season. A couple floaters and the others on poles.

Good shootin'
GJ

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »
I just found some "camo" 1/4" bungee cord at Harbor Freight tools in the form of a truck cargo net, for ten bucks. I brought the camo/green/brown bungee net home, and started un-tying the whole net. No clips or hog rings, just loose knots. I ended up with five pieces. The three long ones are well over twenty five feet long each! I am going to make a bungee duck "bedoinker", I will pull the deekes to me, stand on the bungee, and then let it slip and drag my deekes away as birds approach. Hope it works!
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline WACATHUNTER

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:56:19 AM »
Sounds like a good plan,  I hunted with a fellow who had a feeder duck on a pole and as we pulled the string its legs would flip up water as if the duck was actually feeding.  Seemed to work great.  Has anyone ever seen one of these.  Thanks for the feedback.
WACAT

Offline tank

• Hunter
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:17:58 PM »
 Oh, I see what I was doing wrong now, why didn't someone say TIE END OF STRING TO DECOY :bash:
tank
I spent most of my money on beer and women.
The rest I just wasted.
 occupation-- RETIRED!!
  don't see how I had time to work with so much to do

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal