Double U Hunting Supply Advertise on Hunting-Washington

Author Topic: Western rules?  (Read 555 times)

Offline rosscrazyelk

  • BMM
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2007
  • Posts: 4295
  • Location: Sumner
Western rules?
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »
If you raise your own birds and release them on your property do you still have to buy the $90 western lisence and is the limit still 2?
I tried looking on the state site and could not find it and of course the office was closed.LOL
If its brown knock it down

Offline Birdguy

  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2008
  • Posts: 2731
Re: Western rules?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:34:42 PM »
If you raise ANY game birds in Washington state for release the birds must be from a licensed gamefarm (if you raise them yourself YOU will need to be licensed). The birds are required to have the proper testing to ensure they are disease free. The birds must be tagged with proof that they are released birds, we used tie wraps though you can buy bands from the state if you would like. The limit is whatever you find (much like Cooke Canyon or another pay to play place ) and you do not need a western WA pheasant license. I can talk a lot faster than I type so if you would like more info PM me your number and I will tell you all I know about it. I was a licensed game farmer for 10 years.

If you call the WDFW ask to talk to Brian Caulkins (upland gamebird manager) or Marjorie Creekpond (licensing manager) and you will get correct info, the clerk will be willing to help but may not get you the correct info.