collapse
For a Day of FISHING & EXCITEMENT Experience World Class Salmon Fishing.

Author Topic: 3rd Annual Salmon For Soldiers  (Read 20776 times)

Online h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: 3rd Annual Salmon For Soldiers
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2015, 09:16:41 AM »
Right now Mark I don't think I can provide a safe experience. I'm on the fence but holding out until mid day to make a decision based on feedback that I hope to get either from Coho or Randy. I feel partially like a buddy described his own feelings...a bit of a candya$$. Regardless, my gut says it needs to be posponed, canceled..somehting.
Yes, my FJ is pink, I'm all about Team Jacob, beer is not for the horses nor is whiskey for the men, they are both for me.

Offline Ripper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2015, 09:28:29 AM »
I'm with you buddy. There is nothing Candy Ass about wanting to keep the boy's/gal's safe, as well as ourselves. Sadly, I'm sure if it can't go then it will have to be cancelled for the year. Since it's a year in the making, it won't be able to be rescheduled.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Online h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2015, 09:31:53 AM »
I understand the logistics and what worries me is that we are going to have boat owners backing out today......I may be one of them.....and that will leave a lot of soldiers as well as the even and organizers just screwed. I've been hitting the refresh on the Facebook page and am 100% sure that Randy and the other main guys are pulling their hair out on what do do.

I'll be very open.....I don't feel right about taking anyone anywhere on a boat as of right now.
Yes, my FJ is pink, I'm all about Team Jacob, beer is not for the horses nor is whiskey for the men, they are both for me.

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2015, 10:17:45 AM »
Just in on the S4S Facebook page, fishing has been canceled, Coffee still avail at 5:30am and the Bbq is still a go at Noon...

We are sorry to announce that due to NOAH's gale force wind warnings for Saturday, we are forced to cancel the fishing portion of our day. BBQ and celebration will be at noon. Coffee and sandwiches will be available at 5:30 am. We will still award our prizes.
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Online h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »
Wow......

I'm actually very glad. I had just sent an email stating that I feel terrible but I can't provide a safe experience based on marine forecast.

That sucks and I feel terrible that they had to cancel but I agree with the decision wholeheartedly.

Offline lokidog

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »
That sucks, but better safe than sorry.

Online h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »
Quick bump just to keep this current.

Lets make it a two day fishing even next year! Sign me up as I will be on board.

Offline lokidog

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2015, 12:44:18 PM »
Kind of glad to see the wind howling since it would have been a bummer if they had been completely wrong on the forecast....  Too bad the timing was what it was.

Offline Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »
Hey sorry to hear fish time was cancelled. Have a great BBQ anyway and enjoy the day for what it is...............Memories good ones..........wink

MY AMERICAN PATRIOTISM! is far greater than any nfl  millionaire crybabies.

Hey! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though sometimes I wonder.

Every day above ground is a good day.

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »
SFS made the absolute best call by calling off the fishing portion of the event.  We went out anyhow, at daylight without participants -  went all the way south then figured we'd troll back with the wind and waves.  Got a nice big native Silver and fatty King we had to release.  Winds by 11am were ripping, decided to pack it in and load the boat and head to the Bar-B-Que.  Water was a bit angry at the Ferry crossing but was laid down quite a bit on the inside.  We did convince a couple launching a 18ft Hewes, that it might not be the best decision to make...   All in all - we (Robodad and I) had a fun night chatting and having a couple liquid refreshments with BD'ers at the dock on Friday night.  See you all next year!  Randy and Jim - good job all the way around, was impressed on how many showed for the lunch and ceremony!!! 

Offline Ripper

• Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2015, 04:26:53 PM »
I didn't see you there Cohoho. It was a good turnout though, got to hang out with some past year Soldiers. Can't wait for next year.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Online FWilliams

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2015, 06:47:52 PM »
yep right decision to cancel the fishing, had a great couple of days. fished with a couple fri and got 3 nice coho. dropped off a bottle of refreshment to the guys on the dock fri night and was back at 5am sat to see if anybody that was hanging around wanted to go out before it set in, but the weather just didn't hold off long enough.

Online h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2015, 06:54:59 PM »
Spent the day moving instead instead of eating bbq...lake stevens itself had 2 foot waves and looked like a war zone by 5pm.

Offline castie2504

• Tracker
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2015, 11:44:40 PM »
Thank you to all of the staff and captains of SFS. Even though I had to cancel due to being activated for the fires this year, I am so grateful and blessed to be able to say I have been a part of this event.  Although we could not put any fish in the boats, the decision to stay on land was the right choice for the the veterans. Remember, it's not all about the fish, more importantly, it's about showing the vets our gratitude for their service and dedication. I was fortunate enough to fish last year and it was an experience that I cannot thank everyone enough for. This is a great organization dedicated to ensuring a safe and wonderful experience for our vets. Thank you again, and I look forward to next year!
Life's a garden, Dig it!

Offline On-the-hook

• Pilgrim
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2016, 04:16:25 PM »
Let's do it again :yeah:

Online Fish4Fun

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter