collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sammamish, WA chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation(Location set!)  (Read 49596 times)

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Sammamish, WA chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation(Location set!)
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2016, 08:57:06 PM »
Hello Forum Members who were originally interested in a Mule Deer Foundation Chapter in the Sammamish/Snoqualmie area!

I'm not sure how many followers of this original post are following more recent posts, but being that there was a great turnout for the first chapter meeting at the Gaslamp in Issaquah yet lesser turnouts at Meeting #2 and #3, I thought I'd post an update here on the original post to reach as many folks as possible.

Great news is that we are now a chapter, the Snoqualmie Chapter, and we are focusing on Mule Deer!  We've met twice since the first meeting and have worked with Dan and Rachel to set up our first banquet on Saturday June 4th!  We're excited to raise money that we can direct towards Mule Deer conservation efforts in the State of Washington of the Snoqualmie Chapter's choosing! 

Below is the info on the Inaugural Banquet of the Snoqualmie Chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation and a link to the post announcing the next chapter meeting.  It promises to be a great event, centrally located on the East Side of Lake Washington!

The post below is from our fearless Jim Thompson, Banquet Chairman, announcing our next meeting on Thursday April 28th!  It would be great if the folks that attended the initial meeting at the Gaslamp to attend the meeting on Thursday at the Issaquah Brewhouse, which is much quieter than the Gaslamp, and a better meeting place with great food and beer!

We are gearing up for promoting this banquet at next Thursday's meeting, as well as strategizing on ticket sales, soliciting prize and monetary donations and prize underwriting.  Please come to next Thursday's meeting (info below) and help out the great cause of Mule Deer and other Wildlife Conservation!!!

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,194013.0.html

Mark your calendars!  The next Mule Deer Foundation Snoqualmie Chapter meeting is set.

Date: Thursday, April 28th, 2016
Time: 7pm
Location: Issaquah Brewhouse, 35 W Sunset Way, Issaquah, WA 98027
http://www.bing.com/mapspreview?&ty=18&q=Issaquah%20Brewhouse%20Issaquah%20WA&ss=ypid.YN925x17910505&ppois=47.5301818847656_-122.037200927734_Issaquah%20Brewhouse_YN925x17910505~&cp=47.530182~-122.037201&v=2&sV=1

Agenda: This meeting we will discuss what to do next in selling banquet tickets, promoting, getting donations and/or underwriting, etc.

We are one step closer to The Snoqualmie Chapter’s 1st Annual Banquet!

Banquet Info: The banquet will be held on June 4, 2016 @ 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm. Location is at the Holiday Inn Issaquah, 1801 12th Ave NW, Issaquah, WA  98027. The meal choices will be between Prime Rib or Chicken Frangelico dinner; we are asking people to make their choice when they purchase their tickets to the banquet.

Options and costs will be as follows:
Single dinner w/ membership: $70 
Couples dinner w/ membership: $105 
Early Bird Special ($200 raffle tickets for $100): $100 
Life Member dinner (Includes Special Incentive): $1,000 
Youth Meal (12 and under): $10 
Corporate Sponsor Table (8 Meals, 4 memberships +Henry Golden Boy .22 or Rem. ADL .30-06 + $400 raffle tickets): $1,500

We need to have one of the best 1st Year Banquets ever! I know we can excel with the group of people!

This will be a fun meeting! Please feel free to forward this email and invite anyone you think might be interested.

Thank you!

Jim Thompson

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2016, 07:32:47 AM »
I will be at the next meeting and what I took away from the last meeting was Dan and Rachel are really doing most of the heavy lifting on this thing.

What we really need is to get the big turn out that we had at meeting number 1 at the gaslamp and get everyone that attended that to just get the word out to friends and family about the event.

I think there were 20 people at that first meeting if each one of them got 4 other people to come to the banquet we would have a very successful turn out.

Any additional sponsors or donations would be icing on the cake but the real thing that we need to focus on right now is just filling the seats at the dinner.  A big turnout will be fun for everyone and give everyone a chance at some really great stuff.

One of the great offers with the dinner is if you make a reservation now you can buy raffle tickets at a discount rate of two $1 tickets for just $1, so $200 in raffle tickets only costs you $100 during the presale.

I have seen the list of items in the raffles and live auctions and there is some really cool stuff.  This is going to be a great event.

I hope to see all of you from the first meeting back again on April 28th, this will be a lot easier than you think.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
PLEASE NOTE!!!

The next meeting for the Snoqualmie Chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation on April 28, 2016 has CHANGED LOCATIONS!!!

NEW Location: ROUNDTABLE PIZZA, ISSAQUAH - 730 NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027
Phone: (425) 391-7117

http://binged.it/1S6TFLy

PLEASE SEE THE UPDATED MEETING POSTING AND TAG TO FOLLOW!!!

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,194013.msg2570020.html#msg2570020

See you there! 

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2016, 12:26:07 PM »
Hello Folks!

Just a reminder of the Snoqualmie Chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation this week at Roundtable Pizza!  Thursday April 28th at 7 PM! 
Show up for some great pizza and to learn about the Snoqualmie Chapter's Banquet on Saturday June 4th!  Lots of prizes for the banquet are showing up at my place and there's some real nice stuff!

Come on out for the meeting!

If you've got any questions, feel free to PM me!

Dave

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »
One last bump to the "community at large" about tonight's MDF Snoqualmie Chapter meeting!  Come along and enjoy some Pizza and be amongst good people!

If anyone has any questions about the Snoqualmie Chapter Banquet on June 4th, please let me know and I can forward you the ticket order form!

Dave

Offline Netminder01

• Sourdough
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2016, 04:34:59 PM »
Can't make it tonight; heads down with work.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
Great meeting last night.  Super glad to be have tickets sold already.

The discount raffle tickets for the presale is a great option for those that sign up now.

I think next year I might look into the life member option, a free trip to Mexico for two just for signing up as a life member is a pretty sweet deal.

Who all from this original thread will be able to make the June 4th dinner?

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2016, 11:32:09 AM »
Thanks Rainier,

If you want to attend, you can PM either Rainier or myself and we'll get you signed up.  You can also sign up and pay with a credit card and print your tickets right on the MDF website!

https://muledeer.org/event/edmonds-wa-snoqualmie-chapter-banquet/

Just select your ticket option, enter the info, and you will have reserved your spot and will be able to print your ticket, PLUS get a 1 year membership to MDF!

Tickets are selling FAST!  The Banquet Planning Committee has been told that we are selling tickets FASTER THAN ANY OTHER CHAPTER, and we are limited to 150 spots, so don't delay in reserving your spot for this event filled with fun and camaraderie!

Dave

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2016, 10:15:36 AM »
It will be a great time for sure!

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2016, 07:59:54 PM »
How about it Mule Deer Fans!  Tickets are still available for the Snoqualmie Chapter MDF Banquet in Issaquah on June 4th!  Just PM me and I'll make sure you have tickets to this popular event!

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2016, 10:19:27 AM »
How about it Mule Deer Fans!  Tickets are still available for the Snoqualmie Chapter MDF Banquet in Issaquah on June 4th!  Just PM me and I'll make sure you have tickets to this popular event!

:tup: :yeah:

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
Hello Folks,
We've cancelled the banquet due to lack of interest. 

Offline Buckjunkie

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: USMC Vet, NRA Life Member, SCI Life Member, WAFNAWS Life Member
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »
Cancelled? Is this a joke?

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2016, 07:03:58 PM »
No joke.  Canceled.  No interest.  We had 19 tickets sold. 

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2016, 11:03:32 AM »
Yep, big bummer.  I had 16 of those tickets for friends and family, they were all pretty disappointed that it got cancelled.  There are other chapters that have already had banquets or are getting ready to have one but the upcoming dates don't work for us and the others have already happened.

Maybe next year there will be more interest or the dates will work out better.

Turn out for our first meeting was great.  If everyone there would have had 5 people get banquet tickets I think we would have had a great event.  Attendance really fizzled after that first meeting, not sure why.

Any insight on why interest dropped off would be helpful to try and get this going for next year.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]