collapse
Helping Big Game Hunters experience adventures all over the world. Bearpaw Outfitters, Quality Hunts for over 30 Years

Author Topic: Goat Tag Raffle - Flooded  (Read 48560 times)

Offline Bushcraft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, HHC, WWC, WDAC
Goat Tag Raffle - Flooded
« on: March 23, 2016, 08:30:36 AM »
The WDFW website doesn't reflect it yet, but the goat tag raffle got heavily flooded yesterday by a guy who still has some in reserve.  Evidently, WDFW only updates the website once a week.

As it stands now, it will take at least $25K to get 60% odds at this point if historical figures are any indication. And, at least $60K or more to get to 85%.  Of course, a guy that buys just one tag would win it all. Crazy.

Anyway, I'm just passing this along as a courtesy since it would suck for someone that's thinking about doing it to depend on WDFW's outdated website for the latest raffle tag count and then end up inadvertently screwing themselves on the odds...and whoever else that already laid down some dough for mountain goat conservation.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:44:15 AM by Bushcraft »
Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.

*Proud supporter of NRA, NRA-ILA SCI, SCIF, SCI-PAC, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, WWA, HHC, WWC

Offline sirmissalot

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • chadpburgess@faceboo​k.com
Re: Goat Tag Raffle - Flooded
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »
Can you give us a link as to where to see this information?

Offline whacker1

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 08:48:14 AM »
wow, between now and july to collect additional raffle tickets.  Is that his way of saying, don't bother in an attempt to increase his odds?  the raffles have definitely changed since they started.  I wish I could afford to play at that level.

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 08:57:54 AM »
wow, between now and july to collect additional raffle tickets.  Is that his way of saying, don't bother in an attempt to increase his odds?  the raffles have definitely changed since they started.  I wish I could afford to play at that level.

No. It's more like the guy's way of saying, "Think long and hard about laying that cash down since the odds are a lot worse now for you than what the WDFW website might lead you to believe."

And, you can go to B.C. a few times for that kind of money.

*Proud supporter of NRA, NRA-ILA SCI, SCIF, SCI-PAC, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, WWA, HHC, WWC

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »
Can you give us a link as to where to see this information?

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/permits/raffles/

There's only 147 showing but I can assure you that are a lot more than that as of yesterday.

Offline 50CalJim

• Longhunter
  • 5th yr in a row I've drawn a Special Permit.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 09:09:40 AM »
Seems kinda ignorant to waste a bunch of cash on Raffle tags at this point when you could  wait for the Special Permit draw & potentionaly get the same Tag for pennies on the Dollar. :lol4: :lol4: :lol4:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:32:26 AM by 50CalJim »

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 09:16:19 AM »
Very, very true.  ;)

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 09:30:41 AM »
Can we see the final numbers from 2015??

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 09:32:29 AM »
Nevermind. Got her. Search function works wonders.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 12:08:03 PM »
Are these tags transferable?

Can you gift them should you win?
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »
That's a good question.  It's under a WILD ID so I assume it isn't like the G-Tag transfer election.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that he's gotten bumped out of the G-tag bidding the last three years so he's not likely to give it up if he draws.

Offline Ridgerunner

• Frontiersman
    • Backcountryhunting.net
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 12:34:02 PM »
Great post, I think putting down that kind of money early is sending a signal to the other "whales" that they are going to have to lay some serious cash to increase their odds.  Whoever bought these wants the tag bad!  That being said thanks for the contribution to the state and I hope a guy who only buys one ticket pulls the tag, lol. 

Offline Timber

• Scout
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 12:44:19 PM »
I love third person posts. Very clever bushcraft. Good luck to you. 👍

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »
Ha, ha!

That guy says "Thanks!"

;)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 12:56:27 PM »

Ha, ha!

That guy says "Thanks!"

;)

Is this implying that Bushcraft is the guy who purchased an epic ton of raffle tickets yesterday?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 01:03:16 PM »

Ha, ha!

That guy says "Thanks!"

;)

Is this implying that Bushcraft is the guy who purchased an epic ton of raffle tickets yesterday?

Pretty sure that's the implication.

Offline 92xj

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:57 PM »
Or maybe he purchased 147 and is just saying a ton more were purchased in hopes of turning people away. Sneaky sneaky
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:21:31 PM by 92xj »
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline blacktailer

• Virtual Campfire
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
Perfect response Timber...  The wanna be Goat elitists in this State are out of control; stroking each others ego's and who knows what else.   I don't think the jedi mind tricks are working in starting this thread.  I will still buy my $200 or so worth of tags nonetheless.  Nice thing about the raffle is that everyone with a ticket gets a shot
"A lazy man works twice as hard"

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 01:20:25 PM »
Or maybe he purchased 147 and I'd just saying a ton more were purchased in hopes of turning people away. Sneaky sneaky

Negative.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline 92xj

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 01:21:57 PM »
Or maybe he purchased 147 and I'd just saying a ton more were purchased in hopes of turning people away. Sneaky sneaky

Negative.

sly sarcasm
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 01:28:46 PM »
Trying to not come across like a jerk, but what is the point of starting this thread? I sort of get the feel that you're bragging about it.

Offline GurrCentral

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »
Trying to not come across like a jerk, but what is the point of starting this thread? I sort of get the feel that you're bragging about it.

:yeah:  The raffles should be capped at a certain # of tickets per person. If you want a goat hunt and are dropping alot of money, go north, or buy the auction tag. Everyone should be able to have the same chance...ya, ya i know that we all do in the draw.....  also, I am not saying I disagree with $ going towards our wildlife at all.. just don't agree with filling the tumbler...

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 01:33:03 PM »
Perfect response Timber...  The wanna be Goat elitists in this State are out of control; stroking each others ego's and who knows what else.   I don't think the jedi mind tricks are working in starting this thread.  I will still buy my $200 or so worth of tags nonetheless.  Nice thing about the raffle is that everyone with a ticket gets a shot

Sorry.  This thread wasn't meant to be contentious in any way, shape or form.  Merely a courtesy since WDFW doesn't automatically update.

And you are absolutely correct, the beautiful thing about a raffle is that everyone has a chance if they want to participate.  That said, the same is true of the G-Tags.  There's nothing "elitist" about it.  At the end of the day it just comes down one's personal priorities.  Everyone's priorities are different.  And for what it's worth, I know the guys that have got it the last three years, and know of the guy that bought it this year.  They are all good people. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 01:34:03 PM »

:yeah:  The raffles should be capped at a certain # of tickets per person. If you want a goat hunt and are dropping alot of money, go north, or buy the auction tag. Everyone should be able to have the same chance...ya, ya i know that we all do in the draw.....  also, I am not saying I disagree with $ going towards our wildlife at all.. just don't agree with filling the tumbler...

I agree. I'd much rather see a cap on raffle tag purchases than see 1 guy "buy" the raffle. Folks can say everyone has a chance but when a guy drops $10k on raffle tickets, that pretty much destroys most everyone else's odds of winning it.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 01:35:56 PM »

Sorry.  This thread wasn't meant to be contentious in any way, shape or form.  Merely a courtesy since WDFW doesn't automatically update.

And you are absolutely correct, the beautiful thing about a raffle is that everyone has a chance if they participate.  That said, the same is true of the G-Tags.  There's nothing "elitist" about it.  At the end of the day it just comes down one's personal priorities.  Everyone's priorities are different.  And for what it's worth, I know the guys that have got it the last three years, and know of the guy that bought it this year.  They are all good people.

Thanks for the information.
I was there when the auction tag was sold this year. Did you get outbid? Oh, and I agree re: the gentleman that bought it this year. He made a few nice donations. Not just the goat tag purchase.

* Recent Topics

Notched My Multi-Season Tag This Mornin' by Mfowl
[Today at 12:11:07 AM]

Does anyone actually rinse their deer with a hose after it has been skinned?WHY? by cbond3318
[Yesterday at 11:43:49 PM]

Son's first buck and unique shooting style by cbond3318
[Yesterday at 11:42:30 PM]

Buck Down by Blacktail Sniper
[Yesterday at 11:41:16 PM]

Season is over too soon by Blacktail Sniper
[Yesterday at 11:33:07 PM]

What gun for bear, for wife? by Blacktail Sniper
[Yesterday at 11:27:52 PM]

Subaru head gasket and timing belt questions by floatinghat
[Yesterday at 11:21:34 PM]

Coyote or wolf track by Okanagan
[Yesterday at 11:09:59 PM]

Nooksack bull down and Congratulations wifey! by Piscatory_5
[Yesterday at 11:08:05 PM]

Should 209 primers be legal? by floatinghat
[Yesterday at 11:06:11 PM]

First bear ever! Alpine by Smokepole
[Yesterday at 10:41:52 PM]

Age 10 Girl Proudly Kills 220-Pound Black Bear. Mom Fires Back at Haters After B by mfswallace
[Yesterday at 10:37:35 PM]

the coming storm??? by lokidog
[Yesterday at 10:36:34 PM]

Goose Prairie Bull Elk Hunt by Naches Sportsman
[Yesterday at 10:29:11 PM]

2017 Deer, post them here (photos & stats) by Tbar
[Yesterday at 10:25:27 PM]

Wapiti Wednesday by pd
[Yesterday at 10:24:38 PM]

As They Lay 2017 by lokidog
[Yesterday at 10:10:23 PM]

Venison ribs on the traeger? by lokidog