collapse
Helping Big Game Hunters experience adventures all over the world. Bearpaw Outfitters, Quality Hunts for over 30 Years

Author Topic: Goat Tag Raffle - Flooded  (Read 56046 times)

Offline Buckjunkie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
Re: Goat Tag Raffle - Flooded
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2016, 07:28:04 PM »
This is funny. I have a friend that said he just dropped $10k in the goat raffle. Can't wait to see the new numbers.

Offline kentrek

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2016, 07:38:08 PM »
Your odds keep going down...sorry

Offline emac

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
Bushcraft. If you win the raffle pick me, pick me to tag along. Hopefully I am the first to ask

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

With some luck, there will be plenty of room for extra glass on the mountain.  ;)
Well keep me in mind if you draw. But hopefully I am chasing my own goat

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Buckjunkie

• Tracker
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2016, 08:14:59 PM »
The WDFW website doesn't reflect it yet, but the goat tag raffle got heavily flooded yesterday by a guy who still has some in reserve.  Evidently, WDFW only updates the website once a week.

As it stands now, it will take at least $25K to get 60% odds at this point if historical figures are any indication. And, at least $60K or more to get to 85%.  Of course, a guy that buys just one tag would win it all. Crazy.

Anyway, I'm just passing this along as a courtesy since it would suck for someone that's thinking about doing it to depend on WDFW's outdated website for the latest raffle tag count and then end up inadvertently screwing themselves on the odds...and whoever else that already laid down some dough for mountain goat conservation.

I will challenge your math:

$25,000 to get 60% odds means there is a total of $16,666 including the 147 that already show on WDFW's website.

$60,000 to get 85% odds means there is a total of $10,588 including the 147 showing.

Both can't be true?

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »
Ive never bought raffle tickets, but despite my wish to give wdfw as little money as possible im having a hard time not buying a handful of moose tickets.  I really want a wa moose tag!  This thread isnt helping.

Offline Rainier10

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2016, 08:31:21 PM »
Ive never bought raffle tickets, but despite my wish to give wdfw as little money as possible im having a hard time not buying a handful of moose tickets.  I really want a wa moose tag!  This thread isnt helping.
:yeah:
This thread has inspired me to get involved in one or more of these raffles.

that is why i think this is going to be so interesting to watch.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, HHC, WWC, WDAC
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2016, 08:35:43 PM »
The WDFW website doesn't reflect it yet, but the goat tag raffle got heavily flooded yesterday by a guy who still has some in reserve.  Evidently, WDFW only updates the website once a week.

As it stands now, it will take at least $25K to get 60% odds at this point if historical figures are any indication. And, at least $60K or more to get to 85%.  Of course, a guy that buys just one tag would win it all. Crazy.

Anyway, I'm just passing this along as a courtesy since it would suck for someone that's thinking about doing it to depend on WDFW's outdated website for the latest raffle tag count and then end up inadvertently screwing themselves on the odds...and whoever else that already laid down some dough for mountain goat conservation.

$25,000 to get 60% odds means there is a total of $16,666 including the 147 that already show on WDFW's website.

$60,000 to get 85% odds means there is a total of $10,588 including the 147 showing.

Both can't be true?

Sorry for any confusion.  It was quickie math for the purpose of brevity.  I'm including another 4K in reserve plus 500ish tags bought by others in increments.  Here's a chart of diminishing returns.

Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.

*Proud supporter of NRA, NRA-ILA SCI, SCIF, SCI-PAC, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, WWA, HHC, WWC

Offline Tbar

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
  • That Boy Ain't Right
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2016, 08:42:16 PM »
Good luck.  This would be an amazing hunt.

Offline Buckjunkie

• Tracker
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2016, 08:43:16 PM »
Good Luck!

Offline jkthomps

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:41 PM »

Both can't be true?

Sorry for any confusion.  It was quickie math for the purpose of brevity.  I'm including another 4K in reserve plus 500ish tags bought by others in increments.  Here's a chart of diminishing returns.
This is a start but what is your input data? Where is your margin for error?  What are you entering for unknown number of tags for others? Are you using a law of large numbers or past 5 year tags sold, 10 year?  I need more info lol.

I like the graph, but it doesn't help without knowing your input factors. Details man detail ;)

Offline jkthomps

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:16 PM »
Nevermind, I read your post again, I blame tapatalk for only showing the graph until I quoted it... You might have even played it safe with your info.

Nice work!

Offline actionshooter

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2016, 09:09:57 PM »
Thanks for reminding me I still need to buy some tickets...... :chuckle:
Rainier Arms Shooting Team

Offline RadSav

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:12 PM »
This is funny. I have a friend that said he just dropped $10k in the goat raffle. Can't wait to see the new numbers.

I've been thinking of dropping $6K in the drawing.

But if someone wanted to give me $2,000 of their reserve gambling money I could be persuaded to put it on a sheep or moose tag instead. :chuckle:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:28:32 PM by RadSav »
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2016, 03:44:30 PM »
I buy 1 ticket.  My odds are infinitely better with 1 than 0 tickets, and I can't buy enough tickets to improve my odds appreciably.  1 ticket keeps the dream alive until the raffle is drawn.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline jkthomps

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2016, 03:55:12 PM »
I buy 1 ticket.  My odds are infinitely better with 1 than 0 tickets, and I can't buy enough tickets to improve my odds appreciably.  1 ticket keeps the dream alive until the raffle is drawn.
I like your logical optimistic thinking. I hope you win with one ticket! That would be awesome!

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2016, 04:15:06 PM »
Good luck bushcraft on your  mission. I wish you well.
If its brown knock it down

Offline Bango skank

• Sourdough
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2016, 05:05:18 PM »
So im a sucker, just bought raffle tickets.  Got a new license printed out but no actual numbers.  Is this normal?  Was i supposed to get numbers??

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2016, 07:32:08 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  I appreciate it and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone that wants to wear out some boots and help glass is welcome to come along and scout if I luck out on the draw.   :tup:

So im a sucker, just bought raffle tickets.  Got a new license printed out but no actual numbers.  Is this normal?  Was i supposed to get numbers??

There should be some numbers at the bottom of your receipt.  PM me if you like.

Regards,

Allen

*Proud supporter of NRA, NRA-ILA SCI, SCIF, SCI-PAC, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, WWA, HHC, WWC

Offline MLBowhunting

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2016, 08:02:43 PM »
Awesome,  way to put the odds in your favor :tup:.  It's a dream hunt of mine for sure and I hope youdo get the raffle and keep us all ininformed.   Best of luck.
Copper John Pro Staff
R.A.D Broadheads
R.A.D Peeps
Hot Shot Pro Staff

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2016, 08:12:48 PM »
Awesome,  way to put the odds in your favor :tup:.  It's a dream hunt of mine for sure and I hope youdo get the raffle and keep us all ininformed.   Best of luck.

Thank you!

Offline Bango skank

• Sourdough
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »
I see em now, thanks

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: WFW, WSTA, WSB, WPHA, FWM, NRA, SCI, RMEF, NAHC, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2016, 08:16:58 PM »
Good luck to whomever draws the tag, it will be a great hunt, hopefully we'll get to read the story. Goat tags have really gone up in demand, I wished I could have afforded a governor tag 5 or 10 years ago. I'll probably have to go to Alaska or BC someday, it's cheaper up there.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://trophymaps.com "Do-It-Yourself" Hunting Maps" 
http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided, Semi-Guided, Unguided, and Drop Camp Hunts in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Washington. Hunts with tags available (no draw) spring bear, fall bear, buffalo, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, wolf!

Offline Bushcraft

• Scout
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2016, 08:20:19 PM »
Dale,

Cheaper and better genetics.  If this doesn't work out, I'm headed to B.C.

Regards,

Allen

Online The scout

• Sourdough
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2016, 08:26:19 PM »
shearer?

Offline jkthomps

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2016, 11:19:19 PM »
Dale,

Cheaper and better genetics.  If this doesn't work out, I'm headed to B.C.

Regards,

Allen
You and me both! Good luck on this!