collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tap Talk thread  (Read 8879 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Tap Talk thread
« on: December 06, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »
I think we need a dedicated thread to deal with issues for tips and such for this app. I have a couple of questions/ issues some one my know more about than me.
Participated category.  I have noticed a lot of threads that I have posted in don't show up in that category. Is there some kind of limit to the number you have?

The search function. I have tried many times to use the search function and have had zero sucess with it. Tips?

In general I've tried to find some kind of an owners manual FAQ for how to use tap talk but haven't found one... Andy directions?
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Tap Talk thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 11:51:43 AM »
I think we need a dedicated thread to deal with issues for tips and such for this app. I have a couple of questions/ issues some one my know more about than me.
Participated category.  I have noticed a lot of threads that I have posted in don't show up in that category. Is there some kind of limit to the number you have?

The search function. I have tried many times to use the search function and have had zero sucess with it. Tips?

In general I've tried to find some kind of an owners manual FAQ for how to use tap talk but haven't found one... Andy directions?

Search function seems to not work at all.

I've never paid much attention to the amount of my "Participated" threads are there. I know there are a bunch, but never paid enough attention to know if they were all there. Really it's just an app and has nothing to do specifically with Hunt-WA itself.
There are settings you can adjust if you go to the "Me" tab at the bottom right of the home screen. I've played with them a little. There is also a "Contact Us" tab there.
I've thought about sending them a message to ask about the search but I never did.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:17:20 PM »
The search function doesn't work for me either. Neither does user profiles.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »
The search used to work and so did user profiles. For me anyway. But not anymore. They must have "improved" it with one of the updates. I go back to Safari more often than not. I mostly like Tap a Talk because the text is bigger and easier to read. Eye doctor gave me a prescription for bi-focals a year ago but I'm still holding off. Hey I can still read if I hold it out far enough, or if I take off my glasses. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »
The search used to work and so did user profiles. For me anyway. But not anymore. They must have "improved" it with one of the updates. I go back to Safari more often than not. I mostly like Tap a Talk because the text is bigger and easier to read. Eye doctor gave me a prescription for bi-focals a year ago but I'm still holding off. Hey I can still read if I hold it out far enough, or if I take off my glasses. 

Same here, I forgot about the profiles.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 01:53:22 PM »
I sent Tapatalk an email. I will update when I get a response.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »
The primary issue is that tapatalk hasn't been updated to work properly with updated versions of SMF, that's our forum software. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about tapatalk.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 05:17:07 PM »
There are other forums that I frequent that don't even work on tapatalk at all anymore.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 05:19:13 PM »
I sent Tapatalk an email. I will update when I get a response.

Just got a response wanting to know what forum I was talking about. That's all so far.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »
Tapatalk isn't working for me for the last couple of days... started acting strange a few days before that. The participated feed quit working, and now nothing.... is it just me?
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 09:27:13 AM »
Tapatalk isn't working for me for the last couple of days... started acting strange a few days before that. The participated feed quit working, and now nothing.... is it just me?
I don't think it works for anyone anymore.
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 09:50:23 PM »
There used to be a link for following the most recent posts but i can't find it on the latest version.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 09:53:04 PM »
Tap talk is the devil....oh wait a minute, that's points.   

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 09:54:47 PM »
I don't use the thing, but make sure the button is engaged (so it's not reduced) probably a plus sign or minus sign.   It may not have it as I don't use it but that's the common mistake most folks make on their puters.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal