collapse
Helping Big Game Hunters experience adventures all over the world. Guided Moose And Black Bear Hunts

Author Topic: 2017 Pronghorn antelope survey report  (Read 3489 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: WFW, WSTA, WSB, WPHA, FWM, NRA, SCI, RMEF, NAHC, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB
Re: 2017 Pronghorn antelope survey report
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 07:46:40 AM »
Too bad the conditions weren't optimal for the survey, I agree that you can't base too many conclusions on the survey. One conclusion I see, it's disappointing that no collared animals were spotted. For me that indicates we have reproduction in the herd but there is very little longevity. Thanks for the info jackelope. :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://trophymaps.com "Do-It-Yourself" Hunting Maps" 
http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided, Semi-Guided, Unguided, and Drop Camp Hunts in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Washington. Hunts with tags available (no draw) spring bear, fall bear, buffalo, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, wolf!

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 08:16:47 AM »
To do it right, they should add new blood as well as fly for coyotes just prior to them fawning.
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 08:24:20 AM »
To do it right, they should add new blood as well as fly for coyotes just prior to them fawning.

The survey was planned for earlier, but the weather was worse.

The other issue is finding volunteers to help with this sort of thing.  Plenty of folks are willing to put their .02 in a discussion forum like this, but when it's time for the rubber to hit the road, nobody is there to help. This is not aimed at you, Gringo. Just a general comment I've noticed.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: WFW, WSTA, WSB, WPHA, FWM, NRA, SCI, RMEF, NAHC, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 08:49:43 AM »

The other issue is finding volunteers to help with this sort of thing.  Plenty of folks are willing to put their .02 in a discussion forum like this, but when it's time for the rubber to hit the road, nobody is there to help. This is not aimed at you, Gringo. Just a general comment I've noticed.

It's always been that way and probably always will. You can usually count on 1 or 2 hands the people who actually get involved. We live in a busy world, often times there are people who would like to help if they could but they simply can't for any of many obvious reasons.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://trophymaps.com "Do-It-Yourself" Hunting Maps" 
http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided, Semi-Guided, Unguided, and Drop Camp Hunts in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Washington. Hunts with tags available (no draw) spring bear, fall bear, buffalo, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, wolf!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 09:04:35 AM »

It's always been that way and probably always will. You can usually count on 1 or 2 hands the people who actually get involved. We live in a busy world, often times there are people who would like to help if they could but they simply can't for any of many obvious reasons.

I agree, and am guilty of it myself.
:tup:
Been there, (not) done that.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 09:07:23 AM »
Hey there Jack....

I do what I can to reduce the coyote population  :chuckle:
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline mfswallace

• Virtual Campfire
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
Saw 2 antelope near hwy 17 & 174 intersect to go to Mansfield.... 1/2 mile with good glass so 100% sure what they were.
The Soady 2 Holer!!
Schevy Schooka Schit

Offline GUscottie

• Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 03:06:28 PM »
Saw 2 antelope near hwy 17 & 174 intersect to go to Mansfield.... 1/2 mile with good glass so 100% sure what they were.

There are quite a few around Mansfield. I saw about 8 one day.
Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

Offline Romulus1297

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 06:36:35 PM »
Very lonely doe with a collar today.

Offline Romulus1297

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 12:45:59 AM »
She has stayed here at mile marker 303 SR 97 all year. Is anyone tracking them? This one is healthy but by herself. What does her collar do?