collapse
Kesslerings Gun Auction! OPTIC SOLUTIONS THAT MAKE SENSE

Author Topic: Looks like the Nikon Laser Rangefinding Binocular is finally in stores  (Read 643 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: WFW, WSTA, WSB, WPHA, FWM, NRA, SCI, RMEF, NAHC, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB
Interesting, I'll have to check them out, I've been wanting a laser bino but didn't want to lay down the money the top 3 want. Nikon has fairly good glass and is very affordable.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://trophymaps.com "Do-It-Yourself" Hunting Maps" 
http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided, Semi-Guided, Unguided, and Drop Camp Hunts in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Washington. Hunts with tags available (no draw) spring bear, fall bear, buffalo, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, wolf!

Offline JDHasty

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
Interesting, I'll have to check them out, I've been wanting a laser bino but didn't want to lay down the money the top 3 want. Nikon has fairly good glass and is very affordable.

I have been in the same boat.  My binoculars and my rangefinder work well enough that it wasn't worth $3K to change over. 

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Hunter
Saw these on Vortex's website the other day.  They ship in August.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/VORTEX-FURY-LRF-BINOCULAR/2494696.uts?productVariantId=5054996&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04724655&rid=20&gclid=Cj0KCQjw--DLBRCNARIsAFIwR24rTnCGySNCMOrqwdyDNST4--NemGNFdBiMH2TJGvGIMS84uVLiQTYaAvFVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Little competition going on. I like it! Excited about the vortex line, if I'm dropping that coin on a rangefinder I want that warranty, plus I've been very happy with their glass. Maybe Elknut will have an introductory price break for huntwa :dunno:
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline JDHasty

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
Saw these on Vortex's website the other day.  They ship in August.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/VORTEX-FURY-LRF-BINOCULAR/2494696.uts?productVariantId=5054996&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04724655&rid=20&gclid=Cj0KCQjw--DLBRCNARIsAFIwR24rTnCGySNCMOrqwdyDNST4--NemGNFdBiMH2TJGvGIMS84uVLiQTYaAvFVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Little competition going on. I like it! Excited about the vortex line, if I'm dropping that coin on a rangefinder I want that warranty, plus I've been very happy with their glass. Maybe Elknut will have an introductory price break for huntwa :dunno:

I could go either way. 

Both companies have been very good to me over the years.  Like we need another binocular.   

Offline bman940

• Love to hunt and shoot,especially with my son
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • RN/BSN, Oregonian for 33 years!
    • bman940
    • Nikon Sport OPtics web site
I hope one of you gets your hands on a pair to do a review for the rest of us. Even though I do freelance work for Nikon I haven't seen the LaserForce 10x42 Bino-Rangefinder yet. From what I have heard they are moving well and a lot of that is most likely due to the $1200 price and that they are backed by Nikon's No Fault Policy. It seems like very few companies will back electronic's with a warranty like Nikon's. If you get a pair let me/us know what you think.

In the meantime, another new product by Nikon that might interest you longrange shooter's is Nikon's BLACK X1000 MRAD/MOA scope. I have one on a .308 that will soon be sittig on a 6.5 CM for some real testing. 30mm tube, illumination, great glass, SFP and the 6-24 coming in at $649.Definitely worth taking a look at.

Bart
Nikon Pro Staff
bbk940@verizon.net

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Sourdough
Like the 25 oz weight.  With Nikon glass if the turret mechanism is solid could put some pressure on Leupold to drop their $2k street price on their 4-24 scopes.  Have to do some comparison to see if Leupy is worth 3 times Nikon when they have similar specs.  Just got an Athlon Ares 4.5-27 look forward to seeing how that stacks up. 

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Sourdough
1900 yards on the binos for $1200 sounds like a winner if the glass is good.  But monarch glass and sig rangefinder combined is half that so hope glass is euro quality.