collapse
Double U Hunting Supply A lightweight orange vest that complements your technical hunting apparel!

Author Topic: High buck legality question  (Read 2385 times)

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: High buck legality question
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2017, 09:46:52 PM »
cboom,

I have to say I don't know the answer to your question.  I will also adhere to your request to not give you an option or speculation.  So it's pretty simple.

I don't know. 

That wasn't so hard now, was it? 

I understand your frustration with those who have a hard time comprehending your question!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2017, 10:02:34 PM »
I don't think anyone had a problem with comprehending the question. It's just that when you post a question on an online forum, you're going to get opinions, no matter what. It's kind of silly to say you don't want opinions. If that's the case, don't ask the question.

Offline teanawayslayer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2017, 10:14:26 PM »
I emailed wdfw and asked them your hypothetical question. Then you can have the answer to your grey area question.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline winshooter88

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2017, 10:22:55 PM »
I posed this question to a game enforcement officer that I know when I talked to him today, He said that he would cite you for hunting in a closed area, as both the hunter and the big game animal he/she is hunting must be in the legal area for that hunt. I know this isn't quoting a specific law but it is quoting one of the people who must make the call.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Off-Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2017, 11:25:49 PM »
I know this will look like a silly unlikely senerio, but I sometimes hunt places this could be a very realistic encounter.........

So if a person is just out of the wilderness area and a buck is in the legal wilderness area would it be legal to take the shot? I have looked through the regs and didn't see anything that addressed this. And no offense to anybody, I'm not looking for guess's or opinions. Just facts on if that would be legal or not.
No brainer,not legal.If you need to ask if you can shoot from a closed area into an open area to harvest animals you should not be in the woods with a gun.That's a fact.

Wrong.

His question is completely legitimate. (notice the varied opinion?)

Also notice that others are at least trying to be helpful.    You should give that a try........   or you don't belong in the woods with a gun.   And that IS a fact.
I gave solid advice to the OP.The regs are very clear about no hunting in closed areas.Shooting from a closed area is hunting in a closed area.No different than setting up a stand in the national park and shooting into an open area.No worries aboit me in the woods with a gun for reasons like this.If I see someone shooting animals out of a closed area I will turn them in.Poachers hurt us all.

Offline mfswallace

• Virtual Campfire
  • Sourdough
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2017, 07:54:18 AM »
It's very simple-- do the right thing!
If your not in a legal hunting area don't pull the trigger, if the animal you are trying to harvest isn't in a legal area don't pull the trigger. IMO

99% know Reichert killed a bull illegally but the 1% will point to the courts decision as a way to justify the illegal kill....wasting time arguing with anyone who tries to defend this question just brings you down to their level when it should show you their questionable morals... again this is just my Op

http://scottberkun.com/essays/40-why-smart-people-defend-bad-ideas/
The Soady 2 Holer!!
Schevy Schooka Schit

Offline cboom

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
  • Permanently Banned!
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2017, 10:42:18 AM »
I don't think anyone had a problem with comprehending the question. It's just that when you post a question on an online forum, you're going to get opinions, no matter what. It's kind of silly to say you don't want opinions. If that's the case, don't ask the question.

I get that. But at times people on forums are to quick to give opinions and others use those options that may have been completely wrong.  Not saying that is the case on this subject. On many types of questions opinions are the only thing that can be offered.  But on legal issues I would think comments should be more factual than opinions.

Offline cboom

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
  • Permanently Banned!
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2017, 10:46:04 AM »
I emailed wdfw and asked them your hypothetical question. Then you can have the answer to your grey area question.

Looking forward to hearing the response.  And it may not be a grey area at all? I  was just asking if anyone knew if this was addressed in the law because I didn't know if it had been. I haven't done what I  asked about,  nor would I unless I  knew for a fact it was legal.

Offline cboom

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
  • Permanently Banned!
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »
I posed this question to a game enforcement officer that I know when I talked to him today, He said that he would cite you for hunting in a closed area, as both the hunter and the big game animal he/she is hunting must be in the legal area for that hunt. I know this isn't quoting a specific law but it is quoting one of the people who must make the call.

Thanks! That is very good information!

Offline mfswallace

• Virtual Campfire
  • Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2017, 03:56:15 PM »

Thanks! That is very good information!

:DOH: 
The Soady 2 Holer!!
Schevy Schooka Schit

Offline Sakko300wsm

• Off-Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »
Here's my  :twocents: on this....

Where were you? in an area not legal to harvest an animal
Where was the animal? In a legal area...
If a cops sees this:He's going to cite you and charge you with hunting in an area you're not supposed to be in.

Of course it does - you have to know your boundaries!
No different than hunting wa but see a masher on Idaho side

I personally wouldn't want to risk my $$ (for a lawyer and all the legal fees) and my hunting rights over a situation like this. If you get charged with a crime like this in WA, you lose your hunting in 42 or 44 states for x-years...Not even worth it in my opinion

I agree with you.  Just wondering if there is anything in the law that addresses this senerio. Do both animal and hunter need to physically in the area? Or just the animal being harvested need to in open area? I  would surely think hunter in open area shooting animal in closed would be a sure no no.
I hunt fur and fins!!
23' X 9' custom jet in the works
Haxby 550hp 496"
Hammi 241
Stick steer

* Recent Topics

Jolly mtn fire, Teanaway GMU 335 by pianoman9701
[Today at 07:31:55 AM]

Buck Down by Sitka_Blacktail
[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

BBD. Norway pass by The scout
[Today at 06:53:45 AM]

Sheep Hunting and snakes by The scout
[Today at 06:51:39 AM]

The Rich Outdoors (Blacktail podcast) by The scout
[Today at 06:44:47 AM]

25-06 and blacktail by fish vacuum
[Today at 06:41:32 AM]

2017 Deer, post them here (photos & stats) by borntoslay
[Today at 06:40:21 AM]

Streak is over! by pianoman9701
[Today at 06:26:07 AM]

Wet optics while BT/Roosie hunting! by pianoman9701
[Today at 06:23:20 AM]

Wtb hawken by Dirty Mike
[Today at 06:22:54 AM]

Hotels in Republic, reccomendations. For modern deer. by Eric M
[Today at 06:16:41 AM]

Carson Hookupz Digiscope adapters by HntnFsh
[Today at 06:09:14 AM]

Rtspring and "E" have done it again! Buck down!!! Pics and story added.. by willapawapiti
[Today at 06:06:32 AM]

Upland hunting in the rain by joe_dumy
[Today at 06:02:36 AM]

1200 yards down to 100. 23rd Deer! by bman940
[Today at 05:26:30 AM]

Notched My Multi-Season Tag This Mornin' by Smokepole
[Today at 05:12:47 AM]

Peaches - Planning through the hunt by Stein
[Today at 04:48:41 AM]

First bear ever! Alpine by X-Force
[Today at 04:14:45 AM]

Bobcat down by bowhunterforever