collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Rainshadow calls!  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
Rainshadow calls!
« on: September 16, 2017, 02:41:20 PM »
So again this morning I called in a few critters with my rain shadow double reed. First, 2 mulie does. Thought it was a bear, snuck in, called, the 2 came right up trying to figure us out. Than got on a bears trail, for half a mile followed the cub and bear tracks before running into em eating about 60 yards out. We found some rocks to sit on across the little dried grass meadow and 2 blows on the call and the sow and 3 cubs were instantly out staring at us. 3 more calls had them running towards us. This is were I stood up and started shouting. Mama stopped and cubs stood watching. Than the cubs all kept coming, so I shot my 357 off to the side. The mama walked into the woods and the cubs kept creeping up. I started walking to them and hollering and they finely started back when I was at bow range. Girlfriend got some great pictures but with only 2x zoom(new Christmas gift- 8-16x zoom). Bears really wanted this fawn! Pretty cool, not a mile hike from my parents place in Malo. This call has been great, 3 coyotes dead, who knows how many deer have came up to us, now some bears. Definitely buying more from rain shadow. Unbelievable sound and great gent to work with.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline Tiger1358

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
Re: Rainshadow calls!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 07:50:20 PM »
So again this morning I called in a few critters with my rain shadow double reed. First, 2 mulie does. Thought it was a bear, snuck in, called, the 2 came right up trying to figure us out. Than got on a bears trail, for half a mile followed the cub and bear tracks before running into em eating about 60 yards out. We found some rocks to sit on across the little dried grass meadow and 2 blows on the call and the sow and 3 cubs were instantly out staring at us. 3 more calls had them running towards us. This is were I stood up and started shouting. Mama stopped and cubs stood watching. Than the cubs all kept coming, so I shot my 357 off to the side. The mama walked into the woods and the cubs kept creeping up. I started walking to them and hollering and they finely started back when I was at bow range. Girlfriend got some great pictures but with only 2x zoom(new Christmas gift- 8-16x zoom). Bears really wanted this fawn! Pretty cool, not a mile hike from my parents place in Malo. This call has been great, 3 coyotes dead, who knows how many deer have came up to us, now some bears. Definitely buying more from rain shadow. Unbelievable sound and great gent to work with.

Got any links?

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
Re: Rainshadow calls!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 08:39:20 PM »
He's a member. Believe his facebook and site is just rainshadow calls.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal