collapse
Double U Hunting Supply Trophy Bucks and Bulls

Author Topic: 2017 Colockum Archery Elk Hunt  (Read 8018 times)

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: 2017 Colockum Archery Elk Hunt
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2017, 09:40:52 AM »
Most people (even on this forum) have never heard and seen the majestic fall events that you did and were willing to share.

Awesome and Thx!   :tup:

:yeah:   Reminds me back in '05 four of us drew that tag. Other three guys could only hunt for so long. I had the whole hunt time off work. I'd shot at 8 different bulls and all clean misses. Bull feaver??????? Anyhow I connected on the 12th evening on a great bull. It was just me and the old man in camp. He said out of  all the years rifle elk hunting I have never heard elk bugle and talk. Where we camped at ended up being complete rut fest all around camp those last couple days. Somthing every elk Hunter should get to experience!!!!!!! :IBCOOL:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Offline Rainier10

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2017, 11:31:44 AM »
So now that I am a couple of weeks removed from the hunt I can say that I am bummed I didn't fill the tag.  Actually a little surprised that so many little things just didn't fall into place.

I will say the more removed from the hunt the more I realize that I really have no regrets.  I gave this hunt as much effort as I could.  When I was tired but there was bull over the next ridge I pushed myself to get there.  When I was down because of a missed opportunity my friends motivated to move forward looking for the next opportunity.  When I had bulls in my sights that were less than where I had set my personal goal at I passed.

I think had I given up, had I settled for a lesser bull than my goal I would have regrets.  I am thankful that I can say I have no regrets.

Now second guessing moves that I made.....that is a tougher pill to swallow but I really do think that I made the right choices but because those choices didn't work I will always wonder what if I would have (blank) instead of (blank)?

Bulls were still bugling and going nuts this past weekend and I am really looking forward to hunting with my daughter next weekend for her muzzy cow tag.

Stay tuned.....
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline cmiller85

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2017, 11:22:04 AM »
Well I can definitely attest to playing the what if I had (blank), what if I hadn't (blank) Game.

I think if you "settle" and shoot anything other than what you have predetermined your goal to be that you will have regrets unless it is on the last day (or around the end of the hunt). Otherwise there will always be what might have been. The problem is that, in my experience, opportunities don't usually come on the last day.  :chuckle:

Looking forward to hearing about your daughter's cow hunt!

ElkNut Outdoor Productions

* Recent Topics

Mathews Helim Tactical by maxwell
[Today at 08:47:36 PM]

1200 yards down to 100. 23rd Deer! by tgomez
[Today at 08:44:14 PM]

Season is over too soon by N7XW
[Today at 08:36:54 PM]

2017 Idaho Elk Hunt by Brushbuster
[Today at 08:30:31 PM]

First bear ever! Alpine by pashok23
[Today at 08:29:21 PM]