collapse

Author Topic: Bump Stocks  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Bump Stocks
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »

These are legit questions that need to be answered.

Clearly he purchased firearms prior to his prescription.......but once you are prescribed medications such as "Valium", do you surrender your 2A rights? :dunno:

Or he considered himself not addicted to valium.

Or he lied either to himself or the BATF
e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:26 PM »
Pretty much agree with all of you guys. However, we will never capitulate enough the cult of Hoplophobia.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 10:54:01 PM »

Clearly he purchased firearms prior to his prescription.......but once you are prescribed medications such as "Valium", do you surrender your 2A rights? :dunno:

Or he considered himself not addicted to valium.

Or he lied either to himself or the BATF
e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

I'll give you that..........but did he break any other laws committing his heinous act?.......laws that should have prevented everything?

I know you are not suggesting otherwise KOR, just saying for guys like.......band, wapiti, etc.

Last I checked, it was against the law to commit murder........but that law meant nothing to him.

My guess is there isn't a law any liberal/democrat could dream up that would have stopped him.........sadly, those most outspoken libs on this site, like "Band", have nothing more than democrat talking points to share, and have no original thought to discuss.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:59:29 PM by huntnphool »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Off-Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 10:57:37 PM »
So how many of those firearms were purchased prior to his prescription?

After the prescription, would it be lawful to storm his residencies and confiscate all his weapons?

33 weapons in Oct. 2016.  Valium prescription, reported as June, presuming that this was this year.

Form 4473 (prohibited possessor questions) ask about addiction to prescription meds and use of illegal drugs, IIRC. The other question is about adjudicated incomptence, IIRC.  Neither appear to be shown, here.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Off-Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 11:06:03 PM »
So how many of those firearms were purchased prior to his prescription?

After the prescription, would it be lawful to storm his residencies and confiscate all his weapons?

33 weapons in Oct. 2016.  Valium prescription, reported as June, presuming that this was this year.

Form 4473 (prohibited possessor questions) ask about addiction to prescription meds and use of illegal drugs, IIRC. The other question is about adjudicated incomptence, IIRC.  Neither appear to be shown, here.

My point exactly!

So without infringing on my personal rights, what law/legistaltion could have prevented this?

This question is open for every liberal/democrat on this site.........PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!

My Guess is the likes of Wapiti, Band will avoid this like the plague, as they have nothing to say other than the talking points they get from the LSM. :twocents:

Come on Band/wapiti, prove me wrong!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline winshooter88

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 11:24:41 PM »
Just taking a tranquilizer or anti depressant does not prohibit you owning a gun legally, if you are addicted then that is a different story. just like mental health issues there has to be proof of the abuse or an adjudication of mental illness or a commitment to make it illegal, an form what the police have said that didn't happen that they can find out. The latest news reports are saying that he had 12 rifles with bump stocks in his room, and 60 and 100 round magazines.

Personally, I see no need for bump stocks or full auto weapons unless you are fighting a war, they might be fun to try once or twice but the amount of ammo you would use costs to much money. When I was a kid (18) my friend and I tried to see how fast we could empty my Marlin model 60 semi-auto 22 rifle. Using a stop watch either one of us could empty all 19 rounds I just under 4 seconds, of course we couldn't do it with any accuracy.

Offline HuntnFishnRyan

• Tracker
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 01:46:36 AM »
betcha can't say bump stocks five times fast  :chuckle:

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Off-Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 05:54:17 AM »
Like Pman says, I'd consider giving up bump stocks, if I could be ensured that that would be the end of this, WE have to give up something, every time a mad man acts.

Otherwise, I'd consider trading bump stocks for unregulated suppressors, national reciprocity, indictments in the IRS political targeting and hillary email scandals, and a shrubbery.

If we are going to demand stuff that has no effect on whether it will prevent evil people from killing again, then those are MY demands.

Nobody tell the knee jerk left that bumpfire device bans would require banning rubber bands, and thumbs, and physics.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:05:37 AM by Fl0und3rz »

Online Stein

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Like Pman says, I'd consider giving up bump stocks, if I could be ensured that that would be the end of this, WE have to give up something, every time a mad man acts.

Otherwise, I'd consider trading bump stocks for unregulated suppressors, national reciprocity, indictments in the IRS political targeting and hillary email scandals, and a shrubbery.

If we are going to demand stuff that has no effect on whether it will prevent evil people from killing again, then those are MY demands.

Nobody tell the knee jerk left that bumpfire device bans would require banning rubber bands, and thumbs, and physics.

You are thinking in terms of negotiation. NO. According to them that debate is over.

These are compromises there is no give and take. You are evil., dangerous, and must be controlled. You must surrender property for no legitimate reason. The next time you will agree to surrender more property and be subjugated to restriction, regulation of your property. Once regulated you will pay fees, taxes, and licensing of your property. You will be monitored, investgated, and evaluated much deeper and invasive than exists. Then, finally you will surrender different property and the cycle goes on. Every time a tool is misused for terror by criminals it is subject to complete Government restriction and or confiscation. All the Left needs is a Patsy and we must submit to their agenda. Kinda like BLM, ANTIFA ANTICS, and so on. They trade in violence to advance a crappy agenda.

I say just kill the bad guys.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Off-Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »

These are compromises there is no give and take. You are evil., dangerous, and must be controlled. You must surrender property for no legitimate reason. The next time you will agree to surrender more property and be subjugated to restriction, regulation of your property. Once regulated you will pay fees, taxes, and licensing of your property. You will be monitored, investgated, and evaluated much deeper and invasive than exists. Then, finally you will surrender different property and the cycle goes on. Every time a tool is misused for terror by criminals it is subject to complete Government restriction and or confiscation. All the Left needs is a Patsy and we must submit to their agenda. Kinda like BLM, ANTIFA ANTICS, and so on. They trade in violence to advance a crappy agenda.

I say just kill the bad guys.

Agreed.

You are thinking in terms of negotiation. NO. According to them that debate is over.

That was said in jest.

Offline Angry Perch

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough

Online Stein

• Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 12:12:18 PM »
Interesting situation, NRA is now calling on the ATF to regulate them and it's all over that it was under Obama's watch they were determined to be in compliance.

Of course, it's all for show.  The ATF didn't really have a choice and it didn't matter who was president.  The way the law is written, they are legal.  ATF doesn't write laws.

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 12:17:04 PM »
They will be banned, it's just a matter of time.  No one wants to take a stand to support them.  A smart representative would tack the ban on to the SHARE (Sportsmanís Heritage and Recreational Enhancement) Act

Online Stein

• Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »
Agreed, they are history.  With that momentum, will they get after mags >10 rounds?  It will certainly be tried in some form.

I would imagine WA will have initiatives.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Off-Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 12:33:59 PM »
Interesting situation, NRA is now calling on the ATF to regulate them and it's all over that it was under Obama's watch they were determined to be in compliance.

Of course, it's all for show.  The ATF didn't really have a choice and it didn't matter who was president.  The way the law is written, they are legal.  ATF doesn't write laws.

:yeah:

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
Most likely we get no healthcare reform, No Tax reform, and get a subject of gun bans at State levels at least, mod items banned by name. (Always super effective). Maybe (Tannerite) binary flash bans, all progun legislation killed. To a Democrat this is quite a bounty isn't It? Why no hammers to break window bans? Hammers are dangerous.

Of course, bullet legislation requiring no more than one round discharged per 3 seconds in all settings would be more effective than all this other stuff.

Offline bigdave

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »
I smell a rat. The sound of the gunfire was too consistently spaced to have been a bump fired weapon. Someone is trying to hide something. who? Well, your guess is same as mine at this point.

Online Duckslayer89

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2017, 01:27:15 PM »
Agreed, they are history.  With that momentum, will they get after mags >10 rounds?  It will certainly be tried in some form.

I would imagine WA will have initiatives.

I bought 3 25 round mags for my 10/22 today. And a 10/22.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Wake me when you need me.
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Bimart had an ammo sale!
The Truth is like Poetry, and most people hate Poetry

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
Why is it so outrageous to want a full investigation of this matter so intolerable?

How can tactics and protocols be properly introduced without that?

If "Slidefire/Bumpfire" is so deadly isn't the news/media screaming "Wolf" a bad idea?

I've not seen anyone defending "Slidefire." However, what I think isn't understood is the law. "Machinegun" is illegal. One trigger pull one bullet is semi-automatic. Bumpfiring by legal definition is still semi automatic compliant. Banning stocks isn't the agenda. Moving Semi-Auto to NFA  is. We are not moving suppressor items out of NFA, the new discussion will rapidly move to put semi autos into it.

That is registration and $200. It is also $200 plus tax and 9 month checks to sell.

This is what is not being discussed.

I know moderators don't want to allow this to be discussed for what ever is their deal but, this matters.

Offline KFhunter

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • My posts do not reflect an official opinion of HW
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2017, 02:03:03 PM »
 :ban:

I don't know why you choose to attack the moderators for trying to keep a civilized discussion and like I said the subject of the topic has no bearing on the rules whatsoever. 

You were warned. 
I should be out hunting lions, thanks WDFW

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • NRA Life, MH, WFW, CCRKBA, NAGR, RMEF, WSB
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »
Inslee says he's going after an "assault weapons" ban. My wife has subscribed to his FB feed. She got that yesterday.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2017, 02:36:26 PM »
I've never seen the allure of a bump stock. Burn ammo to fast. I think firing fast and accurate is more impressive.  I don't know where I stand as far as restrictions.  High cap mags, suppressors, bump fire, night vision....all are risk if further restrictions are put in place on attachments like this.
Yes, my FJ is pink, I'm all about Team Jacob, beer is not for the horses nor is whiskey for the men, they are both for me.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Off-Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »
Who needs a 60 round mag and a bump fire stock?Not anyone planning on eating an animal that has 10,20,30 holes in it.If we are under attack by a foreign nation they will be handing out machine guns.If a person believes there will be a time when it will be ok to shoot hundreds of fellow citizens they are paranoid schizophrenics and should have thier guns taken away now.

* Recent Topics

Keegan Wilder fundraiser auction #18 Black River Taxidermy shoulder mount!!! by Rainier10
[Today at 09:02:38 AM]

WTS/WTT Glock 27 Gen 4 .40 by Lowedog
[Today at 08:49:39 AM]

Selecting a Longer Range Scope by h20hunter
[Today at 08:35:01 AM]

Keegan Wilder fundraiser auction #19 GOLF!! by Boss .300 winmag
[Today at 08:32:17 AM]

Another family in need**Sad Update** by asmith
[Today at 07:55:20 AM]

Reply from WDFW by CarbonHunter
[Today at 07:24:03 AM]

Madness 10 Scoring page.......NOW to 31 march by jjaba