collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: King county gun confiscation DV  (Read 10049 times)

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
Re: King county gun confiscation DV
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2017, 06:10:47 AM »
I brought up MPHS, as an example, where more gun laws (or at least regulatory review and proposed rule changes after MPHS) could have made a difference, in Texas, because Texas was brought up. 

The firearm used in MPHS was acquired by the murderers father, because the tribe failed to report, as the AF failed to report in the Texas case.  Obama had the means and opportunity to tighten up NCIC and reporting, and did not. 

The law was passed, similar to KC (for which WA was after the feds, IIRC), to make misdemeanor DV a prohibited possessor category.  So regardless of whether KC, or WA, etc. law applied in Texas, the murderer was a prohibited possessor. 

The failure of NCIC reporting that obama failed to rectify or at least review for regulatory changes could have made the difference in Texas.  Maybe not, as we are well aware of the stunning lack of enforcement for even more heinous felony violations of attempting to obtain a firearm by prohibited possessors.
Read this post carefully.You blame Obama for taking no action and then others say the constitution prevented him from taking such action.Fools!

Calling people "fools" is against the forum rules of civility. I know you're desperate to get a chalk mark up on your side of the board. To do so, try to use facts instead, like this. There are, in fact, places where Obama didn't take action where he should have, and there were other places that he took action that was unconstitutional, like the federal subsidies for healthcare insurance. See, they're not mutually exclusive. You can have both. So glad you came back!  :hello:

Fixed that for you.  The ACA isn't a healthcare law, it's a health insurance law.  The health insurance companies that pocketed billions off all this didn't design the law to help anybody but themselves.

Thank you Obama for that!  :tup:

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »
Thanks, bigtex.  Can you clarify what you mean by "ship it off to the FBI"?  Did they just send an email or something?  Was that in accordance with existing procedure?  Also, can you opine on the MPHS situation, as to where that failure was (e.g., lack of process/requirement, failure to follow adequate process, etc.).
My point was that in Pianoman's post he made it sound like the Air Force sends (or in this case didn't send) the info regarding his conviction to the FBI. That's just simply not how it works. Courts and the originating law enforcement agency for the case are responsible for updating/inputting criminal histories and convictions. There's a lot of people that think that's the FBI's duties, that's untrue. It's also the reason why in some states a criminal history may include all crimes, in some states it doesn't. Obviously this DV conviction should've been reported no matter what.

As to MPHS, honestly I can't remember.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2017, 08:52:20 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2017, 11:16:32 AM »
Nothing tells the truth about gun laws like the statement Gabby Giffords made yesterday saying that .50 cal muzzleloaders should be illegal because they're so dangerous. For those of you naive enough to believe that there's any such thing as common sense gun control, hopefully, this will be a wake up call. It won't stop with ARs, high capacity mags, or bump stocks. It won't stop until every gun is illegal. Wake up.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2017, 11:20:31 AM »
Piano is there a posting or video of that quote by Giffords?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
Piano is there a posting or video of that quote by Giffords?

http://freebeacon.com/issues/gabby-giffords-gun-control-group-releases-report-warning-muzzleloaders-firearms/

Probably not fully unbiased reporting, but you get the jist.  50 cal is particularly lethal and silenced muzzleloaders are all the new rage to avoid background checks and the NFA in general.  The gun industry is leveraging this loophole as evidenced by the number of muzzleloaders used in crimes as well as the number of them flying off the shelf these days.

I heard Remington is going to release a new tactical trebuchet by utilizing the loopholes as well.  You can fire a high-powered, particularly deadly, military round of 5 gallons of flaming tar without any background check or permit.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »
I hear that gangs are starting employ rapid fire crossbows so as not to be outdone by rival gangs.  Next thing you know, we'll have moats, sieges, and boiling oil in the mix.  The humanity.

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2017, 10:59:01 AM »
That is very true and there are some states and big cities that do a terrible job of submitting updated court histories.

Thanks, bigtex.  Can you clarify what you mean by "ship it off to the FBI"?  Did they just send an email or something?  Was that in accordance with existing procedure?  Also, can you opine on the MPHS situation, as to where that failure was (e.g., lack of process/requirement, failure to follow adequate process, etc.).
My point was that in Pianoman's post he made it sound like the Air Force sends (or in this case didn't send) the info regarding his conviction to the FBI. That's just simply not how it works. Courts and the originating law enforcement agency for the case are responsible for updating/inputting criminal histories and convictions. There's a lot of people that think that's the FBI's duties, that's untrue. It's also the reason why in some states a criminal history may include all crimes, in some states it doesn't. Obviously this DV conviction should've been reported no matter what.

As to MPHS, honestly I can't remember.

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2017, 08:29:48 PM »
Exactly why before supporting stuff like this, people should think what it means in the longer run. Sure Wife abuser probably doesn't deserve to have a firearm for obvious reasons,(Gets peed off at wife shoots her etc...) But these are the underlying slippery slopes I always try to warn of. This makes door to door confiscation more probable as I've said all along.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]