collapse
For all your AR 500 steel target needs and competitive shooting events! FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99.00!

Author Topic: AR-10 Project-X  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Dan-o

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: AR-10 Project-X
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2017, 03:33:43 PM »
I think this has to be my favorite AR ever......
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Online Magnum_Willys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2017, 11:01:26 PM »
Also at a $125.00 a bullet Shipped. I wasn't going to load more than a few for my first go at it.

huh ??

Offline Biggerhammer

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2017, 11:03:24 PM »
Also at a $125.00 a bullet Shipped. I wasn't going to load more than a few for my first go at it.

huh ??

Haha! Typo.. The 250gr Lehigh bullets are $1.25 each

Going to give the Hammer Bullets a try next.
Embrace the hate.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• Best Biggie Blogger
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • DAN-O CAN'T TAKE BIGGIE PICS
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2017, 10:37:33 AM »

huh ??

Haha! Typo.. The 250gr Lehigh bullets are $1.25 each

Going to give the Hammer Bullets a try next.

I was going to ask myself, naw Bighammer is just a man of means. :chuckle:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.

Keep Calm And Duc On!

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• Best Biggie Blogger
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • DAN-O CAN'T TAKE BIGGIE PICS
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »
You must be tired of it by now, Iíve got a Chinese sks Iíll trade straight across for it, itís a much more reliable gun, proven track record millions have been sold. :tup:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.

Keep Calm And Duc On!

Offline Biggerhammer

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2017, 02:12:57 AM »
You must be tired of it by now, Iíve got a Chinese sks Iíll trade straight across for it, itís a much more reliable gun, proven track record millions have been sold. :tup:

The old School SKS's are alright if you can shoot. I took a Mule Deer buck just shy of 600 yards with one using open sights about 20 years ago. Started low and walked them in, he was in a open sage creek bottom bellow me. Round number 5 dumped him. Holes kill crap, it's a simple concept. Most just over think it. vitamin "R" and a good spotter works wonders.   

It wasn't even my rifle. When I went to hand it back to my Buddy. He said "Screw you, you can pack it. If I have to pack half that damn deer."  All I said is you got that $100.00 bucks on you or do I have to drive you by a cash machine when we hit the pavement.

We never really knew for sure the range on that shot until 10 or so years later. We were in the same spot and had a range finder and ranged it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:22:39 AM by Biggerhammer »
Embrace the hate.

Offline yorketransport

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2017, 08:02:46 AM »

The old School SKS's are alright if you can shoot. I took a Mule Deer buck just shy of 600 yards with one using open sights about 20 years ago. Started low and walked them in, he was in a open sage creek bottom bellow me. Round number 5 dumped him. Holes kill crap, it's a simple concept. Most just over think it. vitamin "R" and a good spotter works wonders.   

It wasn't even my rifle. When I went to hand it back to my Buddy. He said "Screw you, you can pack it. If I have to pack half that damn deer."  All I said is you got that $100.00 bucks on you or do I have to drive you by a cash machine when we hit the pavement.

We never really knew for sure the range on that shot until 10 or so years later. We were in the same spot and had a range finder and ranged it.

Long live the ďVolley Fire BrigadeĒ!!!!!!! :chuckle:

Offline jasnt

• Predator hunter
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2017, 08:53:34 AM »
Awesome setup bh as always. Glad to see you around again!
🐾

"... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll

Offline Biggerhammer

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2017, 10:04:08 AM »
Range, Elevation, Deflection. :tup:
Embrace the hate.

Offline Biggerhammer

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: Today at 03:54:40 PM »
The Lehigh Custom 250gr Controlled Fracturing .375 bullets shot well. Yorke's posts about the "Hammer" bullets. Got me to their website, so I ordered up several bullet weights to try in my .375 Raptor.

.375 256gr "Sledge Hammer" (Left)
.375 248gr "Hammer Hunter" (Right)

Embrace the hate.

Offline hunter399

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #60 on: Today at 05:46:34 PM »
The Lehigh Custom 250gr Controlled Fracturing .375 bullets shot well. Yorke's posts about the "Hammer" bullets. Got me to their website, so I ordered up several bullet weights to try in my .375 Raptor.

.375 256gr "Sledge Hammer" (Left)
.375 248gr "Hammer Hunter" (Right)

Are those hammer bullets all copper
Two birds in the Bush is always better than one in the hand-that way you can always go to the Bush and hunt another day .conservation=Better hunting.
Wrote by hunter399

Offline yorketransport

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: Today at 06:45:17 PM »

Are those hammer bullets all copper

Yes, they are. I'm switching all of my hunting guns over to these instead of the Accubonds and Barnes bullets that I've been using. It's not that I have any problems with either the Nosler or Barnes bullets, these just seem to be the best of both worlds. They shoot as well as or better than every other bullet I've tried in all of my guns and they perform like a Barnes bullet does on impact. They shoot well enough that I use the heavy 338s as target bullets in my 338/408 Improved pistol.

* Recent Topics