collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Which measurement is more important?  (Read 1615 times)

Offline huntbow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
    • hunter bouma
Which measurement is more important?
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
Nose to eye or neck?  Here is my situation
  I have an antelope cape I want to try mounting.  The measurement of the cape is 8-1/4" x 15".  The form I want to use is 8" x 16". Is it ok to stretch the neck an inch or is that a taxidermy no no.  The other form I could use is 7-3/4" x 15", it would fit the neck better but I don't like the pose as much.

Offline OLYTAX

• Tracker
Re: Which measurement is more important?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:50:43 PM »
Are your measurements taken off a dry tanned skin or are they taken from the field after skinning or are the measurements taken from a soaked (pliable tanned skin from soaking in water for 30 minutes and let soften overnight)skin that has been left in a plastic bag overnight and measured in the morning, all of these questions results will yield different sizes of the skin.  8 1/4 nose to eye is a long faced antelope, the neck measurement can be had with stretching the skin after soaking.  Call me if you want to discuss this more.    JUST RETIRED TAXIDERMIST   BUZZI 425 785 3155

Offline huntbow

• Tracker
    • hunter bouma
Re: Which measurement is more important?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:07:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply, your right about the long face.  The other two antelope I have are 7-3/4 and 7-7/8.  The measurements were taken right after I got them back from the tannery.  They were still wet/damp.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal