collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Night hunting?  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Night hunting?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »
I have used them all. I have killed a tons of yotes under white light. If they are educated then it doesn't matter the color.
I use green for hogs and had great luck. If you ever question white light take a look at this video. These guys are one of the best, they kill hundreds of animals every year under white light, looks like a football stadium when they turn on there light setup.

Great video!!  Thanks for sharing!  I have been night hunting since I was 15.  Had a cassette tape recorder and some Burnham Brothers tapes when I was 15 in 1978.  Then I went to mouth calls, still stuck with the Burnham Brothers calls.  I've use big ol spotlights with gigantic batteries.  The stuff now is so much better than when I was a teenager.  Heck the first time I took my ex-wife out on a date when I was 16, I shot a grey fox from the front seat of my Dad's truck and the cassette player on top of the truck.  I think those guys do a lot of hunting in Texas, the Mecca of night hunting, but this state is also a lot of fun to hunt at night and you almost always have the whole place to yourself!!
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »
That is awesome!!! My kind of date lol.

I tried to kill a fox in texas last year. They did not want to play ball!!! I am going to give it another go this year.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Thermal Predator Control

• Thermal Predator Control
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Brad 509.308.6551
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/3332220800145116/?ref=share
    • Thermal Predator Control
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 12:03:07 PM »
Lights work once in a while.  There’s a real technique in killing yotes with lights here in Washington at least.  I’ve definitely called a far share of yotes in with lights, but killing them can be tough. Calling them in under total darkness is what I like to do,  using a thermal monocular and a night vision scope
I provide a service to cattle ranchers year around that have problem coyotes.  I also provide guided night hunts year around. I sell Night Vision and Thermal optics. The scopes I use are the NVision Halo XRF and Pulsar Merger XL50 LRF HD Binoculars

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal