collapse
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GPS MAP Join us to help support Bowhunting

Author Topic: Who carries??  (Read 1332 times)

Online Stein

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Who carries??
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 08:51:49 PM »
My thinking is that I'm going to have trouble with a two legger about 1,000 times more often than one with four.  I usually carry my LCR .357, it hides away in any carry configuration.

Offline tgomez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Because limits, like fears, are often an illusion!
  • Groups: evergreen archery club, spokane rifle club, NRA member
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 07:36:49 AM »
I carry a Glock 21 Gen2 in. 45, I like the piece of mind in having a 13 round magazine and 1 in the chamber.
THE BLACK MAMBA "Deadliest on the planet!"🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Offline Wagglyfawn

• Pilgrim
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 11:29:47 AM »
I carry a S&W 22A in case I see any grouse.

Offline KimWar1911

• Tracker
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »
Glock G40 10mm with Underwood 200 grain hard cast rounds in the woods for me. 16 rounds which are capable for pretty much any situation. Good shooting gun thatís optic ready and a 6 inch barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KFhunter

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • My posts do not reflect an official opinion of HW
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2018, 01:27:06 PM »
So when archery hunting do you guys carry on your hip or chest? I was thinking hip if hunting and chest if on the MC.

You don't wear a chest protector?

I used to ride MC a lot, and had guns pointed at me while doing so.  I got into a long haired hippy grow patch and had a rifle pointed at me, dude looked straight out of ZZ top with his beard...point taken, I got out of his MJ patch.

I think a chest holster would be best for MC riding, if you wanted too you could attach a quick attach to your chest protector.  Another option is a tank bag with a pistol in it, but it's going to get jostled a lot so it'll need to be super secure.

Offline Big6bull

• Virtual Campfire
  • Scout
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2018, 10:51:41 AM »
I broke my arrow rest shooting my black bear this year. Wish I had my  9mm on me was a little worried blood trailing it with no way to follow up shot in thick brush. (usually carry the 9 cause itís all I have). Luckily it was dead. Now I will carry every time.

What do u guys think on this I have an Alaskan guide creation  Bino pouch on my chest and I stArted carrying it in the zipper pouch on the back side next to my chest. I found it super easy to access and out of the way. I canít help but be conserned of shooting myself in the chest so I might go back to holster. Any thoughts on this? I feel comfortable with a round chAmbered on my belt but not on my chest. Saying that might have answered my own question...

Offline colersu22

• Virtual Campfire
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2018, 11:08:33 AM »
I broke my arrow rest shooting my black bear this year. Wish I had my  9mm on me was a little worried blood trailing it with no way to follow up shot in thick brush. (usually carry the 9 cause itís all I have). Luckily it was dead. Now I will carry every time.

What do u guys think on this I have an Alaskan guide creation  Bino pouch on my chest and I stArted carrying it in the zipper pouch on the back side next to my chest. I found it super easy to access and out of the way. I canít help but be conserned of shooting myself in the chest so I might go back to holster. Any thoughts on this? I feel comfortable with a round chAmbered on my belt but not on my chest. Saying that might have answered my own question...

I use the AGC bino harness as well and use the Gunfighters INC Kenai holster and have the holster right under the bino harness or have the bino harness slightly on top of the holster and it works real well, easy to access and gives it a little concealment.  Plus I don't like taking my pack off and not having the pistol on me and I don't think it is comfortable to have an IWB holster and have my pack waist belt over top of the pistol.

* Recent Topics