collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Forest Road Cleanup  (Read 2305 times)

Offline furiouzgeorge

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Forest Road Cleanup
« on: February 09, 2018, 12:46:51 PM »
Hey Folks! I've seen a few of these and wasn't sure where to put it. Mods if you know a better spot please move it.

I wanted to organize a couple weekends to do a cleanup on some of our local forest roads or trail heads. I have a 10k dump trailer and a flatbed truck, and would love to connect with others who are interested!

If anyone wants to help or contribute to dump fees message me or follow up in this thread!!!

Thanks!

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. " ~ Thomas Jefferson

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Forest Road Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »
You should contact the agency who's land you are planning to cleanup to get the o.k. major liability issues :twocents:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 01:40:47 PM »
I have done this several times this year. I tried to get the USFS to help with the expense of the dump transfer station. But that went over as well as a turd in a swimming pool. It adds up at $26 dollars a trip.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 01:52:40 PM »
I did something similar back in the 90s for AHE project for community service
Cleaned up some boat ramps and bank access points

Current AHEs might want to suggest that to the current AHE management that road cleanup should qualify as a community service project

:twocents:
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline optic2

• Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 04:39:18 PM »
I have done this several times this year. I tried to get the USFS to help with the expense of the dump transfer station. But that went over as well as a turd in a swimming pool. It adds up at $26 dollars a trip.

I wonder if there is a way around the dump fees. You could contact some people in the county, tell them what you are doing and see if there is a way they can waive the fees.

Offline ghosthunter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »
Hey Folks! I've seen a few of these and wasn't sure where to put it. Mods if you know a better spot please move it.

I wanted to organize a couple weekends to do a cleanup on some of our local forest roads or trail heads. I have a 10k dump trailer and a flatbed truck, and would love to connect with others who are interested!

If anyone wants to help or contribute to dump fees message me or follow up in this thread!!!

Thanks!

I will help on locations in Skagit Valley. East of I 5 , shooting sites, forest roads, areas open to hunting and shooting. Not interested in the island though.
Have a 5x10 trailer and will pay dump fees for a couple loads of my trailer.

Have done this in the past couple times on my own. Shooting sites.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline pcal

• Hunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 08:32:44 PM »
Most of the trash I have encountered is recycle stuff.Plastic bottles,glass and brass,shotgun shells and paper.I bag up that stuff and put it in the recycle bins at the dump.The cost is the price of the containers and my time.I don't really understand the mindset of the slobs who are leaving it.I don't understand a lot of peoples behavior.They go out to nature to enjoy the natural beauty and then trash it so nobody coming behind them can.I appreciate your efforts but don't waste your time tilting windmills.Just carry away what you can and don't try to save the world.I have encountered the most horrible messes in wilderness areas miles from the border.In the Goat Rocks Wilderness on  Coal Ridge I encountered a whole living room set of furniture with couches,end tables and chairs 6 miles from the trailhead.It had to be flown in by some crazy's because horses couldn't have carried it.It was on the Boundry Trail about 3 miles up the ridge from Bluff Lake.Look it up on google earth.That trailhead is cut off by a washout so you have to hike the road another mile to access it so there is no way that stuff was carried by man or beast.It will be there till it falls apart and is weathered away. Good luck in your efforts.

Offline furiouzgeorge

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »
I should have mentioned I'm off Island and now in Skagit! I'll bug you on the 19th if you're at Liesel's Hunter's Ed!

Thanks!

I will help on locations in Skagit Valley. East of I 5 , shooting sites, forest roads, areas open to hunting and shooting. Not interested in the island though.
Have a 5x10 trailer and will pay dump fees for a couple loads of my trailer.

Have done this in the past couple times on my own. Shooting sites.
[/quote
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. " ~ Thomas Jefferson

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]