Author Topic: Derby?  (Read 5650 times)

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Derby?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 08:11:41 AM »

:yeah: Last year they changed the rules on the second day so you didn't have to bring your yotes every day.Me and my buddy had the biggest yote last year.
[/quote]  That funny.  I asked Kelsey if we could bring our coyotes in every other day since we had a long drive, and he said "no".  That was before the derby though, so we got a refund of our money.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Wake me when you need me.
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »
Warden Lions Club Derby 2 man team buy in $100 includes raffle ticket for rifle and other hunting gear, plus the BBQ banquete after... Total payout is $1950. This year in each catagory they will pay out first $300, second $200, third $100.  Biggest male, Biggest female, and most # of coyotes. You can only win one catagory. There is also $50 given to the team that shoots the smallest coyote. Additionally there is a $100 hard luck draw for those that can't his crap...  I'm gona be there, and hope you all come... They spread the payout so more people can get their entrance fee back.... Check in is 5-7pm Friday the Feb 5th it is at the Warden Airport this is a 24 hour derby final weight in is at 6pm sharp if your late, no weight in...
The Truth is like Poetry, and most people hate Poetry

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Off-Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
Thanks, Special T. :)

Offline jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 04:23:16 PM »
My buddy and his dad competed last year. They had 1st place with 17 dogs when a team rolled in with 20 or 21. Heard they were on sleds out on the YTC. They had a contract with YTC to control the coyote population and used it to their advantage. The warden derby is known for these types of competing individuals, makes it not worth entering.

Grant PUD had their own last year with a bunch of guys who work there. Winning team was 7 dogs.
I can tell you for sure that didnt happen
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

Offline deereman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »
Hello all. I'm a new member to this site and a member of the Warden Lions Club.
I'm sorry to hear about all of the negative comments about our derby. We try and put on a fair ethical hunt.  We are one of the few derbys that actually have a permit through the WDFW. We ask that all the entrants follow the state guidelines of hunting. If you are ticketed by a game warden, you are disqualified. Special T has the details right about the new pay-out. Last year the winning team tagged 6 dogs for the win. It is ALWAYS a fun derby and the profits go to a great cause. I am a new addict to the site and will keep in touch.

Offline hirshey

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
The Wenatchee derby went back to simply 3 prizes for most dogs. Apparantly last year people were stuffing dogs with lead pellets, soaking them in water... all sorts of stuff to get the heaviest dogs, so they decided it just wasn't worth it if people were going to enhance their animal's weight. Too  bad, I thought it was a great idea. While I know I wouldn't get the most animals.. I  still know where I could have at least found a few big dogs.
I am not opposed to golf, for I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering deer.

Offline Special T

• Explorer
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »
I went over to the brother inlaw's this last weekend and whacked some ducks and scouted some yotes for the warden derby... heard them all over near his spread.... can't wait!!! Their giving away gift certificate for a coyote rifle... I hope i get drawn... My 06 too at leas 1 pound off my biggest yote last year! :bash:

Offline b23

• Virtual Campfire
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »
It never fails.  Someone trys to put something fun together with some nice prizes and you always get a few *censored* bags that spoil it for everyone else.  Some people just can't do anything legit.  Sad!!!

I heard the derby they did last year in the Satus area the winning team was turning in snared dogs too.  Come on, that's just lame.  I think some peoples over inflated ego dictates their better judgement.

Offline Special T

• Explorer
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 08:12:59 PM »
Just wanted to remind everyone of the derby this weekend!  Killem all and let God sortem out!  :mgun: