collapse
Advertise on Hunting-Washington GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GPS MAP

Author Topic: Predators & lights  (Read 11033 times)

Offline Krusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Predators & lights
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 10:52:47 AM »
Otto,

The organizations I listed were from the lobbyist that works for the WSTA (organizations he said he had "cooperated with"), or from the article in the Grange News.

I could be mistaken on DU, and that wouldn't be a big suprise (to me).

Krusty
Sarcasm; just one of the many services I offer.

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
Krusty,

I highly doubt that DU was involved but if they were great they may be making a turn for the better.
My biggest beef with them over the years and thats the reason I support other organizations that are allowed to get involved in the political arena is just that, I want an organization that I support to use its clout to cover the average joes back and they dont!
Dont get me wrong DU is a great organization and does huge amounts of good for the quarry I love to chase the most but when it comes to using their mass membership to rally the troops so to speak they don not, even though the majority of them are consumptive users.
I could see them lobbying in Olympia if it had something to do with their mission statement but consumptive use and speaking up for the hunter is not.

I really get a kick out of the dude that sends in his 25 dollar membership to DU thinking that they supporting the consumptive user rights and privilages. Just makes me want to slap him in the face and say wake up dumb a ss! you are supporting wetland restoration and nothing more.

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 04:04:12 PM »
for the record, I am doing a volunteer deal with DU in a couple of weeks that involves a youth shoot, I do support their efforts on a local basis as local chapters can organize events that promote our way of life and get youth involved in shooting and hunting but their bank roll from fundraising is spent on wetland management and restoration.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 04:30:12 PM »
I was just about to say that $25.00 from me is a small price to pay for habitat restoration....
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »
I was just about to say that $25.00 from me is a small price to pay for habitat restoration....

just dont say that your consumptive user privlages our backed by them LOL

they do great things for the wetlands and I support them for that, I have worked right along side them in that effort and will continue to.

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »
Well, I tried not to let this thread get hi-jacked, but since it is off in a new direction, I might as well address it.

"Lobbied" is perhaps too strong a word, it is probably more likely that some of these organization "believe" we need clarity and have said so, but did not spend any time or money actually paying a lobbiest or lobbying on their own (in Olympia).

I made the mistake of lumping them altogether, as fighting for the cause, because they share the belief that the cause is valid.

Some believe, some fight, I guess it's clear I can't tell one from the other. And should not have counted them as a single united front.

Once again I apologize.

Krusty
Sarcasm; just one of the many services I offer.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »
soon as all the season's are done. i'll be night calling bobcat's. i have a nice light force light and reall good flash light's. going to hunt some higher area's. i'll be hunting Selah alot this fall. not night there tho. cant wait. have a place to stay and great people. i have a feeling i might call one of my cougar's in there. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
http://rrcalls.com/

Offline Krustypuff

• Pilgrim
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 02:26:17 PM »
Red lens work so the hunter does not lose your night vision.
savage 110T .300 win mag
rem 700 30-06
rem 700 shrt act. .223