collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trying turkey hunting  (Read 2641 times)

Offline moreno1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Trying turkey hunting
« on: March 10, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »
My kid wants to go turkey hunting but I have never done it before.  Does anyone know of any clinics coming to the Tri-Cities?  I heard of people going to Walla Walla, Dayton and the Blues area but I wouldn't know where to start.  I have never been in those area except for a job in Walla Walla for a few days about 8 years ago.  Any help with tactics and locations would be great.

Offline brewzer13

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
Re: Trying turkey hunting
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:28:30 PM »
 Your best bet would be to go to www.wanwtf.com and get in touch with the local chapter nearest you. I know there is a strong chapter in the Walla Walla area and others around the SW part of the state. They might be having a clinic or be willing to give you some pointers. They have a program called "JAKES" which is specifically geared for youth, and there is also a special early kids only season just before the general season. Give them a call or drop an email to one of the chapters. :)

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
  • My 2009 West WA - Shotgun kitty Kat
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 07:59:47 PM »
The nice thing is that Turkey calling basics were easier for me to learn than were deer, predator, or elk...

maybe its just me.

Get a box and a slate and ur in business.

Good camo for every inch of your body and a shotgun and ur heading in the right direction...

hope you can find a good seminar but dont underestimate the value of a high quality hunting video watched 10 times!!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 09:43:27 PM »
hope you can find a good seminar but dont underestimate the value of a high quality hunting video watched 10 times!!!

worked for me.
i sent you a pm
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal