collapse
Advertise on Hunting-Washington Advertise on Hunting-Washington

Author Topic: JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire  (Read 219565 times)

Offline logger

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Looking for work/Looking to hire
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
I am not to sure it would be a good idea , we are in some pretty rough country and I wouldn't want someone getting hurt.
go ahead on er.

Offline blk_tmbr_archery

• Hunter
  • Cows feed more people
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »
I don't need a job yet.  I still haven't grown up and have a couple more years to finish in the Army.  However, household Mama could use some work.  She is an  Auto CAD Tech in the civil field.  We're located in the Spokane area.
Take your kids and train your future competition.

Sean

Offline Glockster

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
My publishing company is looking to hire one experienced sales rep to sell advertising in our magazines; Northwest Sportsman, California Sportsman, and our new Alaska Sporting Journal along with their associated on line properties.

The publisher's been around over 30yrs and we started NW Sportsman 3 years ago.  It is the only LOcAL fishing & hunting glossy magazine in the market and we sell out of space in every issue.  It is one of the few success stories out there right now as fishing/hunting businesses are generally fairly recession proof.

The right candidate will be an experienced phone sales person in the Seattle area.  The successful person will be able to make cold calls, present our story, demonstrate why our publications will make them money and ask for the business....it's really that simple!  If you love to talk fishing & hunting and make a living doing so, this might be your dream job.

email your resume to blull@media-inc.com 

Brian Lull
Sales Director,
NW Sportsman
CA Sportsman
Media Index Publishing Group

Offline kramman

• Off-Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 08:48:17 AM »
The company I work for is looking to hire a few cdl a drivers We work out of Sumner,wa and have team runs to Montana overnites to Eastern wa. and local rts.We are a 24-7 company thats union with excellent heath and welfare benefits, this is hard work not dock to dock.Anyone interested pm me and I will pass along our e-mail and phone #s .Also hiring for warehousemen.
thanks Kramman

Offline Dirty Mike

• Longhunter
  • Co-founder Of Team Dogleg
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »
Just got laid off oct 14th Plumber is now out of work, anybody have any side work that needs to be done? also have a cdl B and a forklift cert

Offline kramman

• Off-Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 01:43:03 PM »
My company is still hiring warehouse and cdl-a drivers just talked to sup. today.Any out of work truck drivers out there?Pm me for info
thanks Kramman

Offline h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »
New Infinit Dealerhip opening up. Good company, good brand. Here is the link:

http://www.kuniauto.com/default2387.html?html=i_employment_listings.html&s=info
Yes, my FJ is pink, I'm all about Team Jacob, beer is not for the horses nor is whiskey for the men, they are both for me.

Offline CoachNemo

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Hunter
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »
My company is looking for quite a few different positions right now...

Here is the website and we have location in Bothell, Auburn, Bellevue, Woodinville.

http://www.primusint.com/index.php?page=employment

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 01:11:01 PM »
Anyone looking for work in the Yakima area???  I'm looking for a Building Supervisor, duties include general building maintenance and event set up and break down, want more info PM me. 

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Off-Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »
I wont go to the length to post a resume here, but I am looking for work. Preferabley in the computer IT/ industry. I can troubleshoot computers and have great customer service skills. I have worked previously in a call center so know that industry pretty well. Recently my job was driving combine for a local harvesting company. I drove corn picker and Lima bean combine throughout the late summer and fall so even some outdoor work would be ok.
Most computer issues though I can fix or at least tell you what needs done to fix and really like troubleshooting networks.
So if you have computer issues and local to the Walla Walla area or have a job let me know thank you.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline tip

• Tracker
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 09:39:29 PM »
Looking for work - part time.  I go to school full time.

Ex VW master technician and ASE master tech for over 7 years.  Universal Technical Institute and factory trained.  Tired of the flat rate and shop atmosphere... would like to find a job at a parts counter, marine shop, sporting goods store, anywhere!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” Benjamin Franklin

Offline docsven

• Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 09:53:39 PM »
I hear the autozone in Kent is hiring 3 positions in parts counter.  A friend of mine knows the manager, this was a week ago.  Good luck.

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Frontiersman

Offline longrange7mm

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »
I know there are alot of people out of work these days I thought i would pass on that North Dakotas Oil and Gas field is booming right know and there are alot of service company's looking for hands. I was just recently transferred there, and hear on the radio looking for help adds all day. Here are some companies you can check into that offer a rotational work schedule. Mi Swaco, Stoneham drilling, Patterson drilling, Baker Hughes, Baroid, H&P drilling, Nabors drilling, Schlumberger, and Weatherford just to get you looking in the right place. There are job opportunity's out here.Good Luck and i hop
Never to far, Just grab another minute!

Offline ribka

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 07:29:18 PM »
I know there are alot of people out of work these days I thought i would pass on that North Dakotas Oil and Gas field is booming right know and there are alot of service company's looking for hands. I was just recently transferred there, and hear on the radio looking for help adds all day. Here are some companies you can check into that offer a rotational work schedule. Mi Swaco, Stoneham drilling, Patterson drilling, Baker Hughes, Baroid, H&P drilling, Nabors drilling, Schlumberger, and Weatherford just to get you looking in the right place. There are job opportunity's out here.Good Luck and i hop

Great advice. Out hunting in E WY this year and the locals said the area was booming with coal, met, nat gas and a lot of very decent paying jobs. Apts were cheap out there too. Surprised more guys aren't checking this area out. 

Offline wsucowboy

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 07:38:04 PM »
looking for work. Preferably in construction. Good with both stick and wire feed welder, good with a cutting torch, good with other power tools. Also would be interested in farm/ranch work. Good with both horses and cattle. Trained my own horses when growing up. Have good vet. skills I've picked up over the years, know some farrier work. 
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."
-Alan Ladd
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers."
-Karl Barth

Offline longrange7mm

• Longhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 01:57:42 PM »
Also check UNIT drilling I am on a UNIT rig now with my company and they have 4 more rigs they need ppl for and 20 of the positions are entry level you just need a strong back and ability to do one of the hardest jobs out there but the money is great and they work 10 days then get 10 off
Never to far, Just grab another minute!

Offline woodswalker

• Curmudgeon in training
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/Grumpys-Gun-Repair-153675238330367/?ref=br_rs&pnref=lhc
    • Grumpys Gun Repair
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »
Need a residential plumber and a residential electricial for repair jobs on a friend's house.  She is limited income and is raising her grandkids.

PM me please.
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces.

Whatta ya mean I can't have one of each?

what we have here is...Washington Department of NO Fish and WATCHABLE Wildlife.

WDFW is going farther and farther backwards....we need FISH AND GAME back!

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »
The new Kohl's in Puyallup is starting the interview process this Saturday for all positions. They are to be held at the Best Western behind the South Hill Mall.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline BallisticsNut

• Hunter
    • Safari Club International Seattle Puget Sound Chapter
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »
Have time to spare.  Website design, hosting services offered. CHEAP!  More of a hobby for me to keep me busy but my wife says I cant do this for free anymore.  :)  Been doing this for 12 years plus.  Use the latest and greatest software suites by Adobe.  Blog sites, Forum boards, business or personal website design as well as graphic design.  PM me if you are interested to see my portfolio. 

Offline DaveBTS

• Hunter
    • Blacktail Specialties
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »
BNSF Railroad is hiring. Apply online at www.bnsf.com

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »
New job our company is opened! Pm me for more details if your qualified.

Supplier Development Manager
Procurement Services
Reports to Global Supply Chain Manager
1 new position

JOB SUMMARY:
This position will lead, coordinate and perform associated activities related to supplier delivery performance and help facilitate supplier quality improvements.  Will conduct on-site supplier assessments and quarterly performance reviews; assess, communicate, collaborate and participate with Commodity Manager, Materials and Quality Department with supplier delivery and quality issues.  Will assist suppliers with their assessment to identify and improve supplier’s performance.   

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1.    Perform supplier capability assessments leading to ‘supplier excellence’ performance standards.
2.    Coordinate activities internally and externally related to supplier performance scores regarding all strategic suppliers to Red Dot Corporation.
3.    Conduct quarterly performance reviews with key suppliers.
4.    Takes action with high risk (Quality/Delivery) suppliers to help identify root cause and ensure corrective action plans are appropriate to improve supplier performance.
5.    Lead Materials and Purchasing activities through the NPD process.
6.    Monitor and review supplier PPAP and/or ISIR submittals on pending parts or system implementations.
7.    Participate in DFMEA and PFMEA activities and coordinate internal and external supplier activities.
8.    Collaborate with suppliers during design review to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
9.    Review and approve supplier control plans.
10.    Lead lean initiatives with identified suppliers.
11.    Coordinate supplier continuous improvement programs.
12.    Benchmark work-class suppliers to assist the present supply base and identify future suppliers.
13.    Lead cross functional team to achieve company objectives as assigned.
14.    Update and maintain supplier guidelines related to Material’s and Purchasing initiatives.

ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs special projects as required.

QUALIFICATIONS:
•   Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
•   5-7 years of supplier quality experience.
•   Experience with lean initiatives.
•   ISO auditing experience is preferred.
•   Ability to lead cross functional team.

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »
Here are 2 more positions. Not much experience required. Great for young adults with incredible benny's!

Fabricator
Accepting applications until Friday 01/23/11, 3:00 pm
2 – Replacement positions
Day Shift
Starting Wage: $11.00/hour

JOB SUMMARY:
Sets up and operates metal fabricating machines such as power brake presses, punch presses, spot welding and shears as specified by engineering drawings and pre-fabricated templates.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1.   Selects, positions and clamps dies, blades and cutters into machines using rules, guides, shims and hand tools.
2.   Positions clamp stops, guides and grippers.
3.   May adjust flow of lubricants, set pressure and depth of stroke and adjust machine operating speed.
4.   Makes trial runs and compares product to template or drawing; measures product to insure conformance to standard specifications and tolerances.
5.   Maintains production logs and other records as requested.
6.   Periodically cleans scale, chips or scrap away from machine surfaces and points of operation.
7.   May lubricate production materials by wiping, brushing, squirting or automatic methods requiring attention to flow rate.
8.   Exercise care of tools, machines and dies through proper use and storage.
9.   Maintains clean work area including daily sweeping of floors, racking of tools, dies, guides and related equipment.

ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
May be asked to perform additional related duties as assigned including mandatory overtime.

JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
•   Must be able to carry out the physical demands of the position including lifting 35 pounds or more from the floor
•   Operator must be able to stand for at least ten hours per day
•   Must be mathematically capable to use fractions and decimals
•   Ability to operate measuring instruments such as dial calipers and protractors
•   Ability to read blueprints
•   Ability to follow safety rules

All eligible candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check before being hired.

Both above jobs can be applied at:
Red Dot Corp
495 Andover E
Tukwila Wa 98188

Offline OneShot4x4

• Pilgrim
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »
http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tacoma/default.cfm

City of Tacoma is establishing a list for Firefighter if anyone is interested. 

Qualifications: 
Graduation from high school or equivalent and a minimum of 18 years of age

LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Valid Washington State Driver's License is required at time of appointment with maintenance thereafter.  Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician is required by completion of Firefighter Recruit Training with maintenance thereafter.

Firefighter candidates are evaluated by the minimum medical standards adopted by the Association of Washington Cities and the Washington State Association of Fire Chiefs.  These standards include being a non-smoker, which is defined as having quit use of any tobacco product two or more years ago and having normal lung function.

Selection Process & Supplemental Information: 
We will continue to accept applications until a sufficient number of applications are received.

Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be notified of the time and location of the written examination.  Applicants must pass the written examination in order to be placed on the job eligible list for further hiring consideration.

There is a study guide and practice test which can be ordered by mail through Fire and Police Selection, Inc. (FPSI).  All questions on the written test will be taken from the 10th Edition Study Guide.  You may order a study guide by sending a completed order form to FPSI with a money order or cashier's check. Click here to download the order form.  The study guide cannot be purchased online or by calling FPSI, to order the study guide you must print the order form and mail it with a cashier's check or money order to FPSI as instructed in the order form.

A physical ability test (PAT) will be administered prior to interviews and hiring consideration.  The PAT assesses the physical abilities necessary to perform the duties of a firefighter and will only be given to the number of eligible candidates needed to meet the anticipated needs of the Fire Department. Click here for a PAT course description.

Individuals given a conditional offer of employment must also pass a background check and pre-employment medical examination, which includes drug screening. A psychological examination may also be administered.

At the time of appointment, it is necessary to possess a current, valid, Washington State Driver’s license which, must be maintained thereafter. Firefighters are also required to maintain EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certified status.

New employees must successfully complete a one-year probationary period prior to obtaining permanent status in this classification.

This position is covered by a Labor Agreement between the City of Tacoma and Local 31; an employee in this position will be required to join the union within 30 days of hire.

Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the Human Resources Department at 253.591.5400 before the closing date.
IAFF Local 31

Offline HEADSHOT

• Supporter of Getting Service Members back to the field
  • Scout
  • Location: Went to La Center High School, stationed in Corpus Christi Tx
  • GOD,COUNTRY, AND ALL GAME!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1126672012#!/profile.php?id=1126672012
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2011, 09:10:06 PM »
I have 100 TON MMD, Anyone need me? PM me if so... looking for part time river guide work. Maybe to give a guy a break or something??? Would love to guide big game...
NWHA Pro Staff
US Coast Guard E6/BM SURFMAN #374
Since 1997

* Recent Topics

Sierra's new bullets by The scout
[Today at 03:56:09 PM]

AR-10 Project-X by Biggerhammer
[Today at 03:54:40 PM]

anyone built kit planes? by The scout
[Today at 03:52:46 PM]

Onx map accuracy by idaho guy
[Today at 03:51:27 PM]

Keegan Wilder fundraiser auction #20 Cedar River Taxidermy $500 certificate by jackelope
[Today at 03:48:16 PM]

Idaho Fur Sale Report by Machias
[Today at 03:42:23 PM]

Anybody breeding meat rabbit? by jennabug
[Today at 03:28:03 PM]

WTS/WTT Christiansen Arms CA-10 w/ bobro mount and Trijicon Accupoint by DJ_Mack
[Today at 03:27:37 PM]

FS glock 40 MOS 10MM by elkslayer069
[Today at 03:12:09 PM]

Neah Bay Rock fish newbie by BIGMIKE
[Today at 03:11:05 PM]

SELLING SALOMON GTX 4d size 9.5 PRICE DROP by robertsjd
[Today at 03:09:17 PM]

Many Thanks! by Yelper Guy
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Cougar Research from Alberta by bigmacc
[Today at 02:44:12 PM]

Charging your trolling battery during camping trip? by JKEEN33