collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Please Report Problems & Bugs Here  (Read 357180 times)

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
Re: Please Report Problems & Bugs Here
« Reply #1065 on: February 06, 2018, 09:53:45 PM »
I just made three posts with a total of 24 photos attached with no problem. Until I can verify the problem I can't do much? Keep using it and when it locks up again please let us know. I'm going to remove the posts as they are hunting photos and not memes.

Only a couple of you posts loaded for me before I was kicked out.

I'm guessing the issue is that the topic is data heavy with so many photos, either your computer is having trouble downloading so much data or your internet service is limiting the flow of data. For example, someone with dialup service probably cannot load that topic at all or it's very slow to load.

I have Comcast.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #1066 on: February 07, 2018, 04:28:25 AM »
I have high speed DSL. Mo problem with other threads with lots of pics.   Just went on again and everything worked fine.  crazy
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1067 on: February 07, 2018, 09:19:44 AM »
High speed connection and get booted from Meme thread frequently.  In fact tested this morning after seeing the updates on this thread and took me 1/2 hour to get back to update yes still seeing issues.  Today I just got a white screen when I tried to load the thread and had to close browser.
In God we trust, all others bring cash.

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #1068 on: February 07, 2018, 09:56:44 AM »
I just posted another 16 photos in two posts, some were greatly oversized, and they all posted fine. (I removed them as they were hunting photos)

I'm operating on a laptop with a ton of memory, I have 31 tabs open on google chrome and about a dozen pages open in various programs. Perhaps some of you are on computers/laptops with limited memory or smart phones that simply can't load all the photos in the memes topic? Especially if the memory is nearly full on your phone maybe that won't allow you to view data heavy topics at all? I don't know for sure why some of you can't use the topic and others don't have a problem?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1069 on: February 07, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »
I just posted another 16 photos in two posts, some were greatly oversized, and they all posted fine. (I removed them as they were hunting photos)

I'm operating on a laptop with a ton of memory, I have 31 tabs open on google chrome and about a dozen pages open in various programs. Perhaps some of you are on computers/laptops with limited memory or smart phones that simply can't load all the photos in the memes topic? Especially if the memory is nearly full on your phone maybe that won't allow you to view data heavy topics at all? I don't know for sure why some of you can't use the topic and others don't have a problem?

I think it is just something with the Meme threads.  I view lots of the threads in the trailcam area and never had an issue with those.
Also Jackalopes Kabooms are always fine  :chuckle:
The big difference in my mind is source.  Hunting pictures come from our cameras more often than not. Memes come from all kinds of sources and who knows what issues they could have.

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #1070 on: February 07, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »

I think it is just something with the Meme threads.  I view lots of the threads in the trailcam area and never had an issue with those.
The big difference in my mind is source.  Hunting pictures come from our cameras more often than not. Memes come from all kinds of sources and who knows what issues they could have.

That's definitely possible but why does it only affect certain members?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1071 on: February 07, 2018, 12:23:10 PM »

That's definitely possible but why does it only affect certain members?

That is a good question. Would be good for those of us seeing errors to give some detail as to their setup ( possibly a common thread? )
I am using internet explorer version 11 on windows10, also since I am connecting from work currently I would also be affected by firewalls, web proxies and other lovely corporate items.   Wonder what the others who are having issues are using.

It could be some external web proxy that causes the issue.

Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline DeerThug

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #1072 on: February 07, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »
Ok I tried to make the post again today from work so there is plenty of internet to handle it.  Only had 4 pics - dont think that is the issue.  When i clicked post got the spinny wheel for a bit then just a white screen.  I left it for almost an hour and hit refresh.  Then i got a huntwa screen that said

An error has occured.  You have already submitted the post.  You might have double clicked or refreshed.

So yes I have previously submitted the post but it never posted

Shoot straight Shoot often

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #1073 on: February 07, 2018, 05:00:42 PM »
Ok I tried to make the post again today from work so there is plenty of internet to handle it.  Only had 4 pics - dont think that is the issue.  When i clicked post got the spinny wheel for a bit then just a white screen.  I left it for almost an hour and hit refresh.  Then i got a huntwa screen that said

An error has occured.  You have already submitted the post.  You might have double clicked or refreshed.

So yes I have previously submitted the post but it never posted

Whatever you are trying to post send it to my email and I'll try posting it, I haven't had any problems posting, if I have trouble with your memes then we have a better idea the problem might be the memes. dale@bearpawoutfitters.com

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #1074 on: February 08, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »
Just tried again and nothing came up and then I got booted off..
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline magnanimous_j

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1075 on: February 14, 2018, 02:24:07 PM »
The 'Memes' thread on the off-topics board crashed HuntWa for me, like the old one used to.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #1076 on: February 14, 2018, 02:52:20 PM »
The 'Memes' thread on the off-topics board crashed HuntWa for me, like the old one used to.
Ya it did it to me the other day as well.  It was a meme after the Obama rhino meme.  It worked fine for me for that one.  But then one of the days after that was posted is when I started having issues.

Not trying to take any political shots, that just the last meme that I saw before the thread started crashing.  I could see the ones on that day.  Some time after that it started crashing for me.  I think others were having issues before that meme was posted however.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1077 on: February 14, 2018, 02:52:27 PM »
posted a new topic in virtual and i cant find it.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #1078 on: February 14, 2018, 02:54:08 PM »

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1079 on: February 14, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »
no sir it was about problem 700 rem.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal