collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bragging Rights  (Read 15026 times)

Offline Raul Duke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Team Maybe Next Time
Re: Bragging Rights
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 05:57:24 AM »
 :chuckle:  I do buy a cup of EXTREME JAVA, every morning befor I head out.   :whoo:

Coyote Madness 7 Stats:
Stands : 39
Kills : 3
Runners : 6
Misses : 5

Offline Swag

• Scout
  • Team Dog Pile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 06:00:30 AM »
I wonder just how many dead yotes are waiting in the wings to be posted after the coveted "Permit" is announced!

I know of a Pile that isnt getting any smaller.....  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

But I would emagine you are Right 204chucknorris, I could speak of one or two pictures that need to get posted....  :IBCOOL:

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
Picked up 4 today, 3 nasty first year stupid dogs.....and I mean nasty.  Not quite rat tailed but they were covered with creepy crawlies.  Finished the day with a big beautiful 40-41# male.  I think I'm going to go wash my hands again.....
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »
Seen a few with the Mites this year, it's bad in some areas!
Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline wraithen

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »
Ok, you guys completely jacked this thread. Guy said he wanted pictures and it somehow went to coffee and parasites. Gotta love it here  :chuckle:  8)
the head has been lopped of the eagle.our country has become a nation of losers,them that feed on the teet and can do no more than suckle from them that toil. ~ Rasbo

Offline Swag

• Scout
  • Team Dog Pile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
I might as well post one or two of these here, the first is a fantastic example of how much better the Ar-10 works for me when it comes to anchoring dogs to the ground.  168 gr A-max to the back of the head dose have some negitive effect on the pelts...

The second is a picture of my first red fox.... I can’t even begin to explain how exited I was to see this little guy in the cross hairs.  This has got to be one of the most gorgeous predators I have ever taken.  He is going off the taxidermist today....

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
Swag, that fox is awesome, just beautiful. Good job  :tup:

I thought you drug that coyote behind your truck for a few miles, he is looking pretty beat up.
Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline Gringo31

• Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »
Rare they are!  You dun good Swag  :tup:
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline Maverick

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »
Good job on the fox! What part of the state was that from? (Not asking for your spot) I've killed 6. And gotten my brother and buddy each one. I get way more excited seeing them come in instead of a yote. Well boys I Tryed posting a pic from today but it won't show the whole pic. Not sure why.  So ill brag about the dog before and the fox I got my bro in november.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:00:30 PM by Maverick »

Offline Swag

• Scout
  • Team Dog Pile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 06:03:40 AM »
Thanks guys, I am really proud of that one...
You are right Falfire he is looking pretty beat up... I really should have paid more attention to the fact I was using the ar-10.  It was a 60yrd shot as he was trotting off & that rifle is zeroed at 250 yards, it was a little high, but there was no follow up or looking for him either..  He went straight to the ground.... Mavrick, I am in the lower Columbia basin.  I have seen pictures of them taken down by the river & heard quite a few stories but this is the first one I have ever seen...  I was especially surprised to see him up in up away from the river.
  I have a feeling I will be looking allot closer in hope’s of finding another one.   I have a buddy that is very frustrated that I was able to harvest this fine specimen. He is an "OKAY" predator hunter :hello:,  & I was  only a short distance  from his house when I took this fox, so he is eager to get out & prove that he has the skills to do the same.   He seems to think I got lucky, & I would have to agree.  But I have harvested a fox & he hasn’t…..  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 07:18:30 AM »
I might as well post one or two of these here, the first is a fantastic example of how much better the Ar-10 works for me when it comes to anchoring dogs to the ground.  168 gr A-max to the back of the head dose have some negitive effect on the pelts...

The second is a picture of my first red fox.... I can’t even begin to explain how exited I was to see this little guy in the cross hairs.  This has got to be one of the most gorgeous predators I have ever taken.  He is going off the taxidermist today....

thats an awesome picture of that fox  :tup: I need a red fox in my house ...I have killed a few way back when and trapped many ...I have one Grey fox mounted I killed in P.A in 2002 and I froze it solid to get it back to Washington...All that was crazy when it went threw the check station at the air port  :dunno: :chuckle: They thought I had a dead frozen DOG ....... :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
o.k I am heading out and see what I can call in this morning ....You guys talked me into it  :yeah:

Offline 204chucknorris

• Team Maybe next time
  • Hunter
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
 Thanks for the posts and pics swag as I am in San Francisco
 >:( the land of ignorant people. Silly state Ar's are not the problem it you that's the problem. :chuckle: :chuckle: soon to be in Arizona and looking forward to my invite to hunt a few yotes while there. Looking foward to vacation soon and hoping to be able to return some pics and stories for you all. :yeah:

Offline VarmintVentilator

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 09:44:30 AM »
The fox is a very cool looking animal.  This one sits in my living room.

Offline buckhorn2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 09:53:39 AM »
Now I wanr one thats a beautiful mount.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]