Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Guns and Ammo / Re: Warne Scope Rings customer service top notch.
« Last post by carpsniperg2 on Today at 10:37:13 PM »
Considering the screws pulled out the threading in the rings. The screws were harder then the rings :tup: Without any thread left in the ring itself to insert a screw into. A new screw would not have done me any good. I asked for new rings. The screws were good :tup:
« Last post by Biggerhammer on Today at 10:35:24 PM »
You did the I'm sorry I over powered it and I'll pay to fix and they sent you a 2.00 bag of screws.
I called and said I have 2 sets of rings that have problems and they didn't want to send new ones.
A problem with there product. Being a super duper gun dealer has it perks like owning a torque wrench :chuckle:

Did you ask for "Screws" or over reach for a complete ring set? 😊
Guns and Ammo / Re: 300 WSM vs 300 Win mag
« Last post by j_h_nimrod on Today at 10:31:03 PM »
On recoil:

I consistently hear people say arbitrarily that this or that caliber recoils more or less than another, bull... 

Recoil energy is a function of bullet mass, exit velocity, powder charge, and rifle weight.

Perceived recoil is a function of the above plus stock geometry and recoil pad type.

A 175 out of a 28 nosler in a 10lb rifle still has about as much recoil energy as a 180 out of a .300 WM on an 8 lb rifle, and a 180 gr .300 WSM has almost exactly the same recoil energy as a .300 WM in a same weight rifle. Physics 101.

I prefer the .300 WM, one of the most popular cartridges of all time and superior to the WSM with bullets much above 165. At 180 they are ~ equal in velocity but the pressure is peaking in the WSM and the WM is still not capped out.

Rarely do you hear of feeding issues in the WM and while they have mostly been weeded out in the WSM, they still occur more frequently. Barrel lengths are typically the same for the same bullet/velocity so you really only lose ~1/2” for action length which is negligible.

To each their own, many still feel the .308 is enough. It comes down to a personal opinion in the end. I remember going into Gardenschwartz Sports in Durango, CO about 25 years ago and asking to see a box of .300 H&H, .300WM, and .300 Weatherby. The salesman tried to tell me the difference in ballistics and that seeing the cartridges was a moot point.  I knew the ballistics top to bottom but wanted to see the cartridges Side by side for what I thought “looked” the best or was “sexiest” or just felt better when I handled it. All empirical data aside it came down to my opinion of what I thought or felt was best to me. My opinions have changed in most areas but I still shoot a .300 WM (not as my first choice, but high up there) and think it is one of the best all around big game options.

My .02
« Last post by carpsniperg2 on Today at 10:28:08 PM »
You did the I'm sorry I over powered it and I'll pay to fix and they sent you a 2.00 bag of screws.
I called and said I have 2 sets of rings that have problems and they didn't want to send new ones.
A problem with there product. Being a super duper gun dealer has it perks like owning a torque wrench :chuckle:
Other Big Game / Donald Trump Jr. Stone Sheep Hunt
« Last post by bobcat on Today at 10:25:02 PM »
« Last post by carpsniperg2 on Today at 10:22:16 PM »
Under 180 grain bullets, I would go wsm.
Over the 180 I would go a longer pipe and winny

Hahaha! You don't need a longer "Pipe" with the heavies and a .300 Win Mag. The heavies intrude on the powder column/ Space in the .300 WSM chambering(On a short action).  You can't even play the heavy game with a factory .300 WSM. Let alone a custom short action with a extended box. You don't need a longer barrel in a .300 Win Mag to out perform a 180gr from a .300 WSM.

Hence, pick your bullet weight. Choose your chambering accordingly. People try to make their chambering to work with their bullet weight.

If you know anything at all when it comes to chamberings, bullet performance and hunting or target shooting/competition. You choose you bullet diameter, manufacturer and weight. Then you select your chambering. The rest is just fluff and senseless yapping. Like putting the cart before the horse.

Some chambering are just super accurate no matter the load. Double radios shoulder cartridges with a monster free bore suck!  A double radios shoulder is like going back to the 40's. Nostalgic but lame.

:chuckle: LOL you crack me up man. I saw the title of this thread and thought man hammer is going to loose it on this.
As we have discussed before longer pipes = more burn for slower powders used a lot with heavys. When the faster lighter bullets can use the quicker burn powders with shorter pipes very well.

I could go 300wsm and 375 ruger. You can go 300 win and 375 HH. As long and the critter is dead or the x ring in it has a hole in it doesn't matter much.
Guns and Ammo / .223
« Last post by WapitiTalk1 on Today at 10:21:42 PM »
Crap monkeys, now I'm on to possibly getting a .223 bolt action vs. my original hankering for a .17. HMR or WSM.  Geesh, its funny how things evolve and roll around. 

Sooo campers, what are your thoughts on a reasonably priced .223 bolt action boom stick manufacturer for range and varmints?  I keep getting stuck on the Ruger American for the price point and current ratings.  Thoughts?
« Last post by Biggerhammer on Today at 10:18:12 PM »
I used to run a lot of warne like 10-12 sets of rings. I bought 2 new pairs and the threading pulled out of 1 screw in one set and 2 in the other. I was not happy and called them. I was even under there max torque and using a torque wrench.
They would not replace them. So I took them back to sportsmans and they took them back. I have been phasing them out now and they wont see any more of my business.

:chuckle: Must not have liked your attitude. :chuckle:

After just dropping 200.00+ and having them tell me I was the one who broke them, with to much torque.
I told them how I felt about them standing behind there product :chuckle:

Did you read my original post?

I told them straight up I over torqued them. Told them it was my fault I wanted to purchase more. They declined my purchase offer and sent me the pictured package of replacements free of charge. So I don't know why it would be any different from a super gun dealer type like yourself??  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I guarantee, I can call them on Monday. Explain your dislike and destain for their services and get the same package of replacements sent. Just PM me a Address of where to ship them when they arrive. Art of the deal.😘
« Last post by JimmyHoffa on Today at 10:15:57 PM »
You can’t argue with the BC’s of the 7mm’s if you’re looking to shoot something in the 160’s. I will throw out though that my .300wsm has significantly less recoil than the .300 Win Mag I used to own. Also used to have a .300 RUM with a break...got tired of having to remember to put ear plugs in before I shot, and paid the price the couple times I forgot.  :yike:

My ears have not stopped ringing since I got muzzle blast from a brake off of a tree 12 years ago. I hate brakes
I don't think a brake is really needed on those cartridges.  Once powder plus bullet weight combined get around 450 grains the brake starts feeling like a better idea.
Trail Cameras / Re: Elk deer
« Last post by bowhunterforever on Today at 10:14:48 PM »
Awesome  :tup:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10