Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Elk Hunting / Re: Idaho late cow muzzleloader
« Last post by G-S on Today at 04:05:15 AM »
I have seen alot of elk lately while whitetail hunting in unit 5 and just find public ground that butts up to private feilds that is where all the elk are in December
All Other Gear / Re: Alone on the Elk opener - take packboard with me?
« Last post by G-S on Today at 04:00:58 AM »
I'll be solo for the opener of modern elk. I usually hunt with my badlands ultraday, but i'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to roll with my packboard (with bag and all supplies) instead, as I'm sure to kill an elk in the NE and having my pack will save me a walk back to the truck empty. Who hunts with their packboard? How do you carry your rifle?

No need to sart out with the packboard use the ultraday to haul the first quarter out then go back with a packboard. i have the ultraday pack also it has hauled a few elk quarters out and a few boned out deer with the head and cape
Deer Hunting / Re: 2018 Deer, post them here
« Last post by Pete112288 on Today at 02:18:21 AM »
Not the biggest rack but by far the biggest bodied deer to date for me. Hanging weight at the butcher was 141lbs.
Made for a great workout getting him packed out. The butcher said it was the biggest weight deer they had brought in so far. 20 yard shot, took 0 steps before hitting the dirt.
Other Classifieds / Re: WTB Gen 1 Exo pack frame
« Last post by spin05 on Today at 01:07:28 AM »
how much you willing to pay. i could be perswaded by right price but would have to be after hunting season. i would have to think hard. not sure if i have a generation 1 thou either

These 180 Hornady ELD-Mís are NASTY on game.

Deer tend to agree!

Guns and Ammo / Re: Another new factory 30cal. The 300 PRC...
« Last post by Biggerhammer on Today at 12:45:43 AM »
I like it.  Even though most have to Google ďFree boreĒ and even then they donít get it. Plus the fact that I think the .308 Win is lame, the 30-06 is gay, and the 7-08 is pathetic and designed for recoil sensative drunk Girl Scouts. Jack OíConner and his .270 Win were out classed by his wife and her 7x57. His time in the basement playing wood wind instruments clouded his judgement and was time better spent in his case than propping up a lame .277 chambering. The poor kids that bought into that. Obviously more magazine reading time than field time.

So yes the .300 PRC is cool and about as Boo-Boo as it gets. It is a well thought out factory, Long Range chambering.
Deer Hunting / Re: Twisp hunting accident
« Last post by salt n sage90 on Today at 12:31:53 AM »
No hard facts as of yet.

Unconfirmed sources have said that victim was making "cougar" like noises and was shot in the head, but is being treated and expected to survive,  suspect in custody. Doesn't make much sense to me. Questioning whether we did the right thing not going in to aid. Only thing i could think was.

1. Im not a doctor.

2. Not looking to walk in on people who were armed and just shot a man.

But all i can think now is the guy sat for 45 minutes with a head wound and nobody nearby to talk to. I feel bad, but its hard to think rushing in on frazzled people who are armed and trigger happy is a good idea. Still weighs on the mind though.
Guns and Ammo / Re: Relaoding for the .260 Remington
« Last post by Biggerhammer on Today at 12:31:32 AM »
The 135 Berger classic hunter would be perfect for your 9 twist.

Bit more speed and a solid BC. Then again, I am a huge Acuubond fan.
Bear Hunting / Re: 2018 Bears
« Last post by predatorG on Today at 12:19:09 AM »
My brothers bear from mid September, forgot to post it up. This is his first archery kill, which is cool because my first archery kill was also a bear.
Deer Hunting / Re: Same deer?
« Last post by predatorG on Today at 12:11:28 AM »
Ha!  I'm betting the dates were set wrong on the cam.  Predator G is only a little over 10 years old.   :chuckle: :chuckle:

Just kiddin' man.  Hope college is going well.  Look forward to some kill shots around Christmas.  BTW - I think it's the same buck.

Easy there  :o  >:(  >:(

I hope so to. If either my dad or brother gets it Iíll still be sure to put pics up. Does anyone have an age estimate? Iím hoping he dies this year as I canít see much more growth happening before regression. We have a pic from two years shot where heís still a respectable four, I think this might be his prime year  :dunno:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10