collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: My helim broke!!!  (Read 20730 times)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
Re: My helim broke!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:38 PM »
Sorry to hear about that. I have owned matthews and shot them a lot. After they put out the monster I stopped owning them. I still shoot them in the shops because I try to shoot all the new bows. I have seen 2 monsters blow up when I was within 20 feet of both of them. Matthews scares me now days. I loved there older bows. switchback/q2xl etc
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline SHOOTER56

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 08:54:08 AM »
I was actually looking at getting the z7 i almost got it instead of the helim. I'm talking to them today so i guess we will just have to see what they say

Offline bowhunterty

• Longhunter
  • Hunt Hard or Stay Home!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »
Like my Reezen 6.5. But switched to G5 Prime this year. Should be able to find a Reezen 7.0 or 6.5 for a great deal.

Offline stealth

• Tracker
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »
Have you ever looked at Martin I like the onza 3

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 07:58:41 PM »
Reezen was probably Mathews biggest flop......I also like their older bows, not really caring at all for the shorter bows....lighter, shorter, faster.....the envelope has been pushed....

Offline Battle Ready

• Hunter
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »
Now that most companies are pushing the limits of performance, many of these issues will surface. In the evelotion of the compound bow, many bows have bit the dust in similar fashion. Many call me strange, but the last good bow mathews made was the Switchback. Even the Switchback xt didn't hold, shoot, or react as well as the original.

I'm in serious doubts Ill ever find the "one" bow that hits on all fronts for me, but I have shot several bows, different brands that I liked.

Offline SHOOTER56

• Tracker
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 01:03:41 AM »
well....... it broke again.  :yike: :bash: I was shotting the other day and my monkey tail some how slide down into my cam and cut it sending it all over hitting the walls in the range, and the speed weight just barley got into the putting a couple little marks on it. BUT THATS NOT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a QAD drop away rest and I noticed that my arrows where hitting lower and lower.  I look things over and I can see that my rest is dropping some so i figure that my bolt must be lose. As soon as i started to tighten the bold (with now presher at all) my hole rest falls off and all the threads come out of my riser on the bolt!!! Anger doesn't even get close to how pissed i was. SOOOO  its off to mathews to have a new riser put on and i sure hope this one holds up!!

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 03:52:27 AM »
 :yike:

Keep us posted

Offline Arrowhead

• Tracker
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 08:09:30 AM »
Sorry to hear all the misfortunes about this bow.  But IMO I have to agree with some previous statements.  After all these incidents ---  do you actually have confidence in the bow?  Would you have 100% confidence even if they gave you a brand new one from the factory?  Everyone has their personal opinion on companies, the same as Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc, but I think you need to seriously consider the trust and confidence that you place in the company of the chosen weapon.

:sry: :twocents:
There's a place for all of God's creatures, right next to the taters.

Offline Jellymon

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 12:56:58 AM »
When the cam did that did you check for damage on the limb from a module screw? Looks to me like the screw got loose, came out on the draw and hit the limb on release, causing the broken screw an bent cam. :dunno: Just a thought, because on the helium I HAD I started to notice a buzz after I tuned it and was shooting at the range. When I tightened it it wouldn't tighten very tight because you could feel it stripping the threads almost immediately, very soft metal, use locktite for sure.

Offline shorthair15

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »
i hope they take care of the problem thats alot of dough to spend on a bow and have issues like that. :bash:
Member of the NRA,GOA and Washington For Wildlife.NWTF member Disabled US NAVY Veteran 6/2/90 to 6/2/99 3 Good Conduct Medals, and 3 Honorable Discharges, 2 german shorthairs, tikka 6.5 creedmor,Remington 300 ULTRAMAG, GLOCK 22. Elk,Deer and upland birds and love Fishing

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 05:57:57 AM »
SHOOTER56 - How did the monkey tail get into your cam? If it were put in the correct place the Monkey tail would have to slide over the string grub to get into the cam. Sounds to me that whomever put on your monkey tail put it below the string grub :bdid:! I would be talking to the shop that replaced your cam!
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline SHOOTER56

• Tracker
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »
JBAR- i was still at the shop just after my cam was put on when my monkey tail got I'm my cam. Its only a couple of young guys in there so I'm not sure how it all worked out. When i get my bow back I'm taking it over to xXx archery to have them set it up for me.

I thought about getting a diffrent bow but i don't have that kind of money to spend so..... I'm just going to act like like this is my first time with the bow and start with a clean slate.

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »
Good call on going to XxX. Definately sounds like it was put in the wrong spot, I use some B50 string material and tie a couple double knots above and below the string grub to keep it from slipping. I haven't had any problems with my heli'm. Did the shop replace the whole cam or just the module portion of the cam it should have had the whole cam replaced. Check for other damage after this last incident, sucks you're having problems like this with a new bow hope it works out for you!
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »
I loved there older bows. switchback/q2xl etc
I still shoot a Z-Light :tup:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Woodchuck
[Today at 07:05:51 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]