collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Oregon elk hunt  (Read 13256 times)

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Oregon elk hunt
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 07:53:53 PM »
If your an archery guy you really cant beat it on an OTC tag. 

Offline BrandonWatts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 01:01:59 PM »
I just moved to central oregon 3 months ago. Been scouting alot and have been very happy with what i have been seeing. heading over to strakey and ukiah units in 2 weeks to do some scouting and bear hunting. Can not wait for the archery season to open up here!!!!

Offline brokehunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »
I just moved to central oregon 3 months ago. Been scouting alot and have been very happy with what i have been seeing. heading over to strakey and ukiah units in 2 weeks to do some scouting and bear hunting. Can not wait for the archery season to open up here!!!!

I've hunted the Starkey Unit extensively. probably the best hunting in Oregon. I never fail to see numurous elk and deer when I go over there. Some friends I used to hunt with have about 20 different tree stands they sit at prime locations. Good luck, you spend some time in there you will fill your tag! :tup:
That wasn't me! It was a black Camaro! It went that way!

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 12:59:11 PM »
 nothing like being in the middle of three bulls screaming their heads off.  Or hundred yards from camp at nite bugling over and over.  I would probably hunt the starkey unit, but just can't leave desolation unit,

Offline KopperBuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
I am suprised there arent more Washingtonians that make the voyage to Oregon.  With their season ending so late it ties into our very well.  I do the first week here, go home for a few days, and then eight days in Oregon.  If someone were to blindly go in and try I would recommend the Starkey or Desolation units.  Not sure if Hepner is open or not but also a good one.  Mt Emily the list goes on and on.

Mt Emily might take a little while to draw...

Price is pretty steep, hunted every year for about 6 yrs in a row until they raised the prices. I'm almost guaranteed an LOP tag, but it's just not worth the money for me. Until I move back south, I'm just going to have to wait.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal