collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Electric powered decoys (to be or not to be)  (Read 10264 times)

Offline GoldTip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Electric powered decoys (to be or not to be)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 08:32:28 AM »
I agree with the the use of the wind powered "windy ducks"  but say no to the electric version, and think it should be kept that way.  My buddy and I are plenty good callers, and one day a guide set up just down from us maybe 300 yards, on crab creek chanel.  This is maybe 4 years ago.  No worries, climbed a hill checked out his spread with bino's, no big deal.  Minutes later, every duck that passed over us and started to circle us would mysteriously break off and head for his spread, they were killing ducks like crazy and we could only pull them in if they circled us to the upriver direction,  :dunno: I climbed back up the hill and sure as the kennedy's are gun shy the guide had set out a electronic duck.  How do I know it was electronic?  He had the remote operated kind, that he would hit as soon as he saw ducks coming, and it was like a danged magnet, as soon as they finished shooting the wings would stop spinning.  They limited in about 45 minutes with three of them.  His three hunters walked out one direction, while the guide took the boat the other direction.  How do I know he was a guide, saw him later that day in Moses Lake with a sign on the side of his truck. >:(  Yes, as soon as he left, we started having the ducks circle their way and glide right on into us once that electric duck was gone and we ended with a limit after another couple hours.  I would not have believed they were that effective  :o if I hadn't seen it myself, so I do believe they should continue to be illegal.  And yes, I reported it to the F&G.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
If I ageed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
You are never to old to learn something stupid.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal