collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it.  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
Would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
« on: September 16, 2012, 08:49:31 PM »
Was coming back from up north this afternoon. Just before the Stop light headed south on 395. Had a "keeper bear" come off the uphill shoulder and run across in front of me. He hit the guard rail on the other side of the road like he was a gymnast both paws on the rail and vaulted over it. My guess is he may have done it once or twice before.  :chuckle:
It never slowed down a stride. Was in the air 8 to 10 feet.

Offline remington300mag

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:56:29 PM »
Same sort of thing happened a few years ago here on highway 2 by Cashmere......I was driving back from Wenatchee when all of a sudden a Hispanic man comes running across the road, He vaults over the center barrier across on coming traffic and again vaults over the guard rail on the other side and out of sight......Now, as I looked on with amazement, my fiance (who is normally pretty strait laced and never says anything funny, at least in my opinion) breaks the silence with, "Looks like he has done that before!"......I could not stop laughing......

Not really the same thing.....but kind of! LMAO

"It's not how hard you hit that matters....It's how hard you can get hit and keep coming forward!"

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »
 :yike: Wow, that must have been cool to see!
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »
Nope sorry looked like a Bear to me! Besides I'm closer to Canada so it didn't even resemble a Canadian!

My bad!

Wait!!!  It might have been a Dukabor!!

Offline coyotecrazy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:13 PM »
Same sort of thing happened a few years ago here on highway 2 by Cashmere......I was driving back from Wenatchee when all of a sudden a Hispanic man comes running across the road, He vaults over the center barrier across on coming traffic and again vaults over the guard rail on the other side and out of sight......Now, as I looked on with amazement, my fiance (who is normally pretty strait laced and never says anything funny, at least in my opinion) breaks the silence with, "Looks like he has done that before!"......I could not stop laughing......

:chuckle: :yeah: :chuckle:

Offline bankwalker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »

:chuckle: 
Oh my god I would gave crapped myself laughing. Probably crashed after she made that comment

That's cool about the bear. I seen one in snohomish once run across the road. It tried jumping over a 5ft tall wood fence, but just broke the fence instead

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal