collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Youth Pheasant Hunt 2012  (Read 1891 times)

Offline LenW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA,Pheasants Forever, Tacoma Sportsmens Club
Youth Pheasant Hunt 2012
« on: September 19, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
Pheasants forever chapter 257 is sponsoring two youth hunts, one is at Scatter Creek North field, north of Rochester Washington the second hunt is on for Lewis area 21 E, to hunt on Fort Lewis the youth has to be registered at the activity center days prior to the hunt, the dates are September 22 and 23rd, Members will have dogs available and refeshments

Offline ac_156

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
Re: Youth Pheasant Hunt 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
what information do i need to register a kid to hunt fort lewis. would love to take my kid to this event. would appreciate any information you can give me

Offline LenW

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
Youth needs hunting license, gun make model, and Serial#, Car license#, Registration and proof of insurance, have to watch safety video, this is what was required in year past you should call the Fort to see if this has changed

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
I have been a member of chapter 257 for 6 years, I go to the banquet every year ,but one. I sign my kids up for info every year at the Sportsman show and mention that I never get notified. I made a couple meetings this year prior to my Dad passing and I never heard about this until today when I saw the post  :bash: :bash:. I would have made the effort to get them registered at Ft. Lewis had I known, Scatter creek is just too far to drive, though stopping at Cabelas on the way home would be cool. I just spent $80 for the kids licenses and another $50 on ammo since they cannot use lead in the clear cut we hunt. Then I come home to read the local (within 30 miles) release site is closed and not realeasing until the fire danger is lower  >:(.

Offline LenW

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »
I am sorry I should have posted this sooner, I will mention this at the meeting and hopefully we can advertise earlier, Scatter Creek is about an hour from Tacoma, the area where the youth hunt on Fort Lewis is, if I remember right is about 45 min. it is on the south-east corner of the Fort. Please Try to make it, we will be their both days
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:49:05 PM by LenW »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal