collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sabotloader? or anyone!  (Read 3979 times)

Offline conwaydave

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Sabotloader? or anyone!
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:12:48 PM »
So, my son and I went out yesterday, and shot our Bighorn's. We went with the .458 300's Bloodlines. But, I am the guy that was complaining about the Barnes TMZ's being very hard to load a while back. I found out why, that is why we changed bullets. But, yesterday our bloodlines were just as hard to load, as were the Barnes! I changed bullets to get away from the loading problem, and it did not help. My son and I are pretty frustrated. I mean, it takes just about everything I've got to load the bullets.  :bash: :bash: We have 50 cal. We start out with clean guns, we run patches down the barrel and clean the barrel after every 3 shots. Both guns are the same, and both are just as hard to load? Once they are loaded they shoot fine I think. Our loads were 100 grains 777 and I have a small group 4" high at 50 yds. I would like to get that down a little. If I am 4" high at 50 yds. What do you think I would be at 100 yds.? I am going back to the range next week. I have shot about 20 rounds through the gun, I was told on here the more I shoot, the easier it will get. OK, I buy that, but for now, it is a Beotch to load!
I will keep my guns, money and freedom. You can keep the change!

I.A.F.F

Offline Angus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Sabotloader? or anyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 11:15:07 PM »
Sorry, can't help you much but my Bighorn doesn't have any problem loading the Bloodlines, the TMZ's on the otherhand :bash:. I've got about 30 shots through mine and have yet to notice any difference loading the TMZ's. Would like to get out this weekend for 1 more round at the range before the season starts but I think my area is closed do to fire danger, damn it.

Offline CoyoteChuck52

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 11:33:42 PM »
Maybe give the Barnes TEZ's a try..If things are still tight. Use the TEZ bullet with a Harvester Crush Rib Sabot
NRA Life Member
SAF Life Memner
TSC
SSC
UNSC
WAC
CPL Life Member

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 04:32:54 AM »
A bunch of us are going to Plantation Range this am. Be there at 10 am. Grab your gun and stop in we will see if we can help you out. I have one old muzzy guy in the group who so far has solved any problem we have had with various smoke poles. Look for the guys from Ghost Camp. You will know us if you see us. We will have two other new to smoke pole guys there too.

Ask for Bobby

GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 07:00:31 AM »
Try some MMP HPH sabots and get those groups dialed in. :tup:  (I know it sucks to buy bullets that come supplied with sabots and end up throwing away the sabot and buy other sabots to place the bullets in, but sometimes that is what you have to do.)  Your selected bullet may be fine, but you may need to experiment with different sabots.

The big difference between Black HPH12 and HPH24 is HPH24 is .002" smaller
in loaded diameter. Loaded diameter is a sabot with a bullet inserted.
With a .452 diameter bullet the HPH12 is .507-.508" diameter, the HPH24 is .505"-.506" diameter.
If you have a tight loading rifle you may want to choose the HPH24
or if you have a very tight rifle, consider our 3Petal-EZ.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Sabotloader

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 07:34:19 AM »
conwaydave

Check your PM's....

Also this process would probably cure your problems...

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=13084/guntechdetail/Using_JB_Bore_Paste_and_Kroil_with_the_VFG_Bore_Pellets

But there is an easier way to get it done...
Keep shooting muzzleloaders - They are a blast!!

Offline jbeaumont21

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
I run a patch with bore butter down my barrell after every shot and don't have any issues with loading the blood lines.  If I don't use the bore butter then it gets very difficult to get them to budge after the third shot.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal