collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Elderberry Apple Pie  (Read 3728 times)

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
Elderberry Apple Pie
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:59:03 PM »
Ok, so you have been looking at all those elderberries hanging on the vine, as you deer hunt this fall. WTF are you going to do about it?

Here is what I do.

Each year at camp, I get on the radio and tell my buddies that if they don't show up at camp at dark with a bunch of berries, they aint gonna get no pie later. (Me neither, but they haven't figured that one out yet....)

On my way to camp, as I drive thru Cashmere or equiv, I make a point to get a box of apples for the hunt each year. Later at camp, I cut up an apple or two, throw in handfulls of elderberries from around the area that we hunt, one cup of sugar, a pinch of salt, two tables spoons of flour, mix together in a store bought pie shell, toss a top crust on the pie, and toss the whole shebang into my portable propane stove. An hour later, fresh baked pie. Pull the reddi whip out of the ice cooler, and you have a fresh baked, coolwhipped treat that guys from the other camps would kill for. As a matter of fact, one ol' timer who hunts nearby, won't let my truck pass unless I have pie for him. (I always have his pie for him!)

Bring more than one shell, cause this is awesome pie.
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
Re: Elderberry Apple Pie
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »
Oh, and by the way, that Brinkman portable oven is the most useful item I have in camp, bar none. Doesn't matter what meal, you can keep things hot until eating time. If you enjoy tent camping, and no camper or trailer to use, I recommend getting one of these ovens, that are absolutely fantastic. I don't know what I ever did without this thing...
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
Re: Elderberry Apple Pie
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 09:06:15 PM »
Bring more than one shell, cause this is awesome pie.

To fend off the other camps?  lol

Sounds good, looks even better.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal