collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The rut is going to be early!  (Read 19816 times)

Offline Colville

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: The rut is going to be early!
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
When you catch a native steelhead, and he takes treble hook on your blue fox way back into the gills, what's the best way to get the barbs out? I keep holding through the gills on the other side but I just get all bloody.  Anyhow, why do you think they swim on their backs when you put em back? Mine was all slimey so I wiped it all down, I guess rivers are filthy.

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
I ate some excellent peach cobbler for desert last night. :drool:

You don't have to lie to fit in around here, curly

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2012, 09:15:02 PM »
I just heard from my sisters, inlaws, cousins, grandchilds, aunts dog that a NEW STATE RECORD has been shot somewhere in the vicinity of Discovery Park...  it came to me by a facebook text, and the photo is amazing... unfortunately I do not have permission to post it here... maybe the hunter will eventually find this forum, sign up, find this thread I started and show us his trophy...
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline xXLojackXx

• Sourdough
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »
Good lord! this has the makings to rival the "where am I" thread in post counts.... Some funny chit though...

Offline Atroxus

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2012, 10:10:55 PM »
I decided I want to try archery hunting next year...I got me a crossbow with a laser sight, and some lumenoks cause I heard they extend your maximum range out to like 120 yards. I just need a good spot to setup my tree stand and decoy. If you don't want to advertise your honey-hole just PM me. I promise only to share it with relatives, close personal friends and people I meet on the bus. By the way I'll need a ride and some help setting my my tree stand.

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »
I really just want to try some wildgame to see if hunting is for me, anyone have a package or so to spare so i can try it.
I am interested in all game animals, so any extras steaks, roasts, backstraps from deers, bears, elks would be great.
Thanks....oh and can you deliver
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline Doc Sauce

• Scout
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2012, 04:02:01 PM »
Went for a walk in the hills today.  Saw some Eagles... or maybe turkey vultures or sparrows... too similar to tell... anyway, saw them flying in crazy circles and doing aerobatic dances and stuff... does this mean the turkey rut is over?

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
PRIMARY Turkey rut is over....secondary turkey rut is just beginning. Usually...the younger dumber ones killed killed off first. However, I've heard of a bunch of jack knobs that think calling at night in between the two seperate turkey ruts is fun. They are educating the birds and ruining it all for us. Most people get distracted with the eagles (and hawks) flying in on your decoys. I'd shoot 'em all first, then, when the secondary rut kicks in you are good to go!

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
I shot this buck at 98 yds with my bow today...i only had a 60 yd pin but i just held high...i think i gut shot it...some green gross stuff on the ground...it stopped after about 10yds...i looked for another 10min but couldnt find it...what do you guys think i could have done better? Also..these deer in the area are too tough and keep running off when shot so does anyone have a spot they could point me to with wimpy deer? Im not askin for honey holes unless you want to show me..i wont tell anyone....i can also hit a deer on the run at 100yds with my bow  :tup:

Btw this early rut is great...bucks everywhere..there bedding down in the middle of the road  :yike: :tup:
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Washington for Wildlife
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »
I really just want to try some wildgame to see if hunting is for me, anyone have a package or so to spare so i can try it.
I am interested in all game animals, so any extras steaks, roasts, backstraps from deers, bears, elks would be great.
Thanks....oh and can you deliver

Will take the same, but will pickup if in the Marysville Everett area  :chuckle:
"Believe in your abilities and confidence will lead you on"

Offline Glockster

• Scout
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2012, 09:08:24 AM »
I saw 6 deer in a group.  The migration is going to be early this year.

Offline cleetus

• Pilgrim
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2012, 12:02:52 AM »
I have been getting this Big Foot Like creature :yike: on my game camera for almost a year now. Can someone tell me what I should do? I would post the pics but they are way too grainy to see. Why is it that it takes perfect pics except for when it comes to this creature. :dunno:

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2012, 12:08:13 AM »
went to the woods today and

Biggest I've ever seen

So not sure if I should do that again

First time for everything I guess

What do you guys think?

Fill in the Blanks Game................................... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline matt94

• Tracker
    • https://www.facebook.com/matt.mundell.1
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2012, 03:04:21 AM »
I saw a ram with over a full curl, he was pushing 2 full curls, I let him walk because he was too far out for my 300 winchester ultra supreme magnum...I think he was like 200 yards away. I just didn't feel comfortable taking the shot since it was in the Woodland Park Zoo
:lol4:  :chuckle:  :chuckle:  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline krism83

• Longhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2012, 04:03:42 AM »
I went out scouting today and ended up getting 35 grouse with my handgun. Best shot I took at one was from 100 yards and I took his head clean off, didn't lose an ounce of meat.

On the way back to the truck I managed to get this nice color phase bear crossing my path, luckily I had a few rounds left so I dropped him where he stood, sucker must be at least 7 feet and weigh in at like 500+. All the photos are on my phone I will upload them soon...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal