collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need Help on where to go hunting?  (Read 131697 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: Need Help on where to go hunting?
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2015, 01:53:47 PM »
I moved here a year ago to escape bankruptcy in an economically hostile environment. Newcomers were always met with kindness, dignity and a handshake by my family. Whenever anyone needed help or advice, I was there, no bull. If someone had a 1,500 lb. moose down across a muskeg, all they had to do was to come get me. Karma can be your friend our bite you in the ass. It is your choice.
My idea was to join this forum to meet some good Washingtonians, help and get help settling in. My time has been spent learning fishing on my own and joining local groups such as the Boys and Girls club, etc. Now, I find hunting a maze.
Obviously, this planet is occupied by a bunch of humans. some not so much. With that said, I am glad to see administrators are trying to keep a hand on improper behavior. However, still now knowing what advice is true, I am not going to waste my time hunting for imaginary buddies in the posts of this forum. Disappointing to see that sportsmen act this way.

It seems a bit narrow minded to blame the whole forum as the cause for someone who said something that apparently rubbed you wrong. I would suggest a different approach if you want to make new friends! There are a lot of really great people on this forum.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Eodbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2015, 05:50:16 PM »
Hello folks. New to the area, I learned quite a but about fishing your great state but now i want to hunt it. I am located on JBLM. I have hunted white tail in the past in MI. I went out to day on JBLM... It was a terrible idea (crowded) I am looking for somewhere to go tomorrow morning with some open terrain. maybe a nice peak to climb and look down into a valley. any help would be appreciated! Happy hunting and good luck to all!

Offline RUTZandVETS

• Pilgrim
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2015, 01:11:34 PM »
Hi all!  this is my 2nd year for hunting. I'm new to it but love it. I live in Cheney WA. been looking all over the place to find a good area to go to. does anyone recommend a spot for me (archery).I've gone to a lot of turn key areas but no luck. I need something with easy access, I'm a 29 year old wounded vet. hard to get around in the colder months. let me know guys, thank you

Offline asmith

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2015, 09:35:53 PM »
Hi all!  this is my 2nd year for hunting. I'm new to it but love it. I live in Cheney WA. been looking all over the place to find a good area to go to. does anyone recommend a spot for me (archery).I've gone to a lot of turn key areas but no luck. I need something with easy access, I'm a 29 year old wounded vet. hard to get around in the colder months. let me know guys, thank you

If you ever want to get after some birds, let me know.  I may be able to help.
Right wing shooter, I aim for the left!!!

Nowhere in your incoherent rambling did you come close to what can be considered a rational thought. Everyone is now dumber having heard it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Offline buckandbullminingco

• Tracker
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2015, 12:12:08 PM »
bearpaw>   Moving to boise at the end of the month.  What areas should i look into for elk and mule deer. as well as bear and wolf?  feel free to  pm me

Offline jjaba

• Scout
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2015, 12:19:29 PM »
Anybody have an idea of where to go deer (Blacktail) hunting in western Washington during late archery. It's my first year archery and only got to go twice during the early season.

If you are near the Kitsap Penninsula check out Olympic Resource Management site.  they have lands that you are able to hunt in Jefferson County, Mason County and Kitsap County.

good luck.
What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. -Albert Pike

Offline buckandbullminingco

• Tracker
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »
moving to nampa in 3 weeks.   Any info where to start scouting would be killer

Offline bmccalister

• Brent McCalister
  • Hunter
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2015, 11:21:37 AM »
What part of Western Washington are you looking at? PM me if you would like to discuss some places in Satsop, Olympic, Kitsap, Mason, Skokomish, and Wynochee GMUs.
Anybody have an idea of where to go deer (Blacktail) hunting in western Washington during late archery. It's my first year archery and only got to go twice during the early season.
IAFF Local F-282

Offline KRD

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2015, 11:51:55 AM »
Hello all. I am a new hunter in the north Seattle area looking for a direction to head for blacktail. Don't mind driving and doing the leg work. But more or less hoping on getting a direction or unit to start with. I'm planning on starting on scouting now in the Sultan Basin road area next weekend. My previous job has greatly limited my free time for many years. But that has all changed now. My son and I are both starting hunting this year and overwhelmed with the areas to head to. I would be hunting modern firearm and just looking at deer currently. Thank you for any help.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2016, 06:03:50 PM »
bearpaw>   Moving to boise at the end of the month.  What areas should i look into for elk and mule deer. as well as bear and wolf?  feel free to  pm me

pm sent
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline BDildine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.dildine
  • Groups: TSC,, NRA Life, RMEF, PF
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2016, 12:48:50 PM »
so, first time bow hunter, planning on trying for deer and elk on the 'wet side'. im on a pretty tight budget with a future hunting buddy on the way in Jan, but am looking at the 510/513 (stormking and south rainier) areas for archery. i'm out for meat,not trophys,so i dont need your "honeyhole" or whatnot (although if your willing i wouldnt turn it down) :chuckle:, but can anyone tell me if this area is good for the 'average joe', i've been busy with work and family life so i literally have 0 scouting in, and will be doing day hunts. I know to get off the main roads and get back into where 99% of the city people dont want to/are to lazy to go. Outside of that, any help/recommendations you could provide would be hugely appreciated (even links to discussions about this from previously as i'm new to the forum)
Thanks!

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »
I am not familiar with either of those units.  Years ago we hunted Ryderwood for blacktail and spent some time in Minot Peak as well.

What I learned from both places is blacktail live and die within a 1 square mile area, 640 acres.  When you see a deer hunt that area they will be somewhere close to that almost all the time.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Venicius

• Pilgrim
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2016, 02:51:05 PM »
Just moved into Longview and have no idea where to hunt for day trips. Is there any public or open-to-public timber land that is within 30 or so miles? I'm confined to hunting only a few hours in the mornings this year and can't take time off for my usual places in 572. Thanks!

Offline roadhouse

• Pilgrim
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2016, 05:59:12 PM »
Hello All,
I'm also brand new to the area. Not really sure where to even begin when it comes to finding a spot to hunt. The way land ownership is portioned is the most confusing part. Can I hunt on Wildlife management lands? What about USFS Lands?
I've read through the State's Land Access page online, I understand I can access those lands, and it's implied that I can hunt there (it's on the state's hunting page), but is that always true?
Where can't I hunt on state/ federal lands?
I'm just lost.
Thanks in advance to any reply.
Respect the land, defend the defenseless, and don't ever spit in front of women and children.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2016, 06:11:31 PM »
Hello All,
I'm also brand new to the area. Not really sure where to even begin when it comes to finding a spot to hunt. The way land ownership is portioned is the most confusing part. Can I hunt on Wildlife management lands? What about USFS Lands?Mostly, not around their cabins or trailheads
I've read through the State's Land Access page online, I understand I can access those lands, and it's implied that I can hunt there (it's on the state's hunting page), but is that always true?
Where can't I hunt on state/ federal lands? State Parks, National Parks, some restrictions for National Wildlife Refuges
I'm just lost.
Thanks in advance to any reply.
Is there an area or region and/or species that you want to hunt?  It would help to narrow it down a little bit.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]