collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ducks down  (Read 2265 times)

Offline tank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Ducks down
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:46:03 PM »
Now I don't know much about the water level on the lake but it's very low and the two canals are very high for this time of year and the local duck count is lower then normal.
 We had a screwed up spring and the canals were low mainly on the Frenchman. Remember I'm not telling this for the truth,it's just what I think.
 The water came up when the irrigation ditches filled then dropped like it has for the last few years. I (think) it flooded their nest.All summer boats have launched at Winchester boat launch on s.Dodson road. Hopefully they did well in other areas.
Tank
I spent most of my money on beer and women.
The rest I just wasted.
 occupation-- RETIRED!!
  don't see how I had time to work with so much to do

Offline ellsworth

• Warshington Newbie
  • Hunter
  • Warshington Newbie
Re: Ducks down
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:08:53 PM »
A lot of folks on WA-hunt.com have said that the populations haven't been down.  But I keep hearing from duck hunters around here that they have been down for about 8 years or so.

I just moved to the region so i'm not sure.

Out scouting two nights ago I saw about 100+ ducks in a small pond, so there maybe hope.

Sorry to hear about the low numbers, I hope they start lookin up for ya.
That's why it's called hunting and not killing.

Offline tank

• Hunter
Re: Ducks down
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:11:35 AM »
Ellsworth

I can't say for any other area but I've only been there at camp at this time of year 5 or 6 years now and it looks way down to me.The pond at where Frenchman Hills road runs across Dodson and the # I scared up fishing just don't seem to be there.Diver ducks seems to be down the most. The ducks I've seen are mostly mallards and gadwall. I'm not talking early morning because I haven't had the need to be down that way or anywhere else early.
 The seep lakes had a fire and it burn all the way around the lakes and creeks. For sure lup land game won't be there. Nothing to eat or places to hide.
 I've spent the summer by between Dodson and Adams road and some east of Dodson.I've hiked into fishing area's and haven't jumped near the #s
 When you get enough hunters to run them off other ponds there could be a lot more then I've seen.
 Remember I'm just talking one small area
tank
I spent most of my money on beer and women.
The rest I just wasted.
 occupation-- RETIRED!!
  don't see how I had time to work with so much to do

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal