collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ebey Island Duck Hunters  (Read 34660 times)

Offline Stilly bay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • ELITIST WEST SIDE DITCH PARROT HUNTER
Re: Ebey Island Duck Hunters
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »
It just seems to me that there are no farmers that want hunters on their land that don't already have them.

with that attitude your screwed. 4phuxache you haven't talked to EVERY farmer in Western Wa.
Why would a farmer let me hunt on his property for free, when he can get paid by another to hunt his property.
thats when you get back in your car and drive to another farm. rinse and repeat.
I do not like asking people if I could hunt their land because they are probably tired of other hunters asking. It seems to me that it would leave bad impressions on farmers.
then how in the hell are you so convinced EVERY farmer won't let you hunt free of charge on his property? sounds like you gave up before you even started.
the worst thing a farmer could say is "no" and if they do chances are they already have a bad impression of hunters.

Maybe I should start asking around. I just think that when a farmer gets asked however many times a year; it leaves a bad impression on hunters  :twocents:
maybe sometimes it does, probably not often. most farmers have different take on hunters from the rest of society. at the very least they will be happy you were the guy that took the trouble to  knock on the door and ask for permission... and not the guy who just went ahead and trespassed.
"Love the dogs before loving the hunt; love the hunt for the dogs." - Ben O. Williams

“It is easy to forget that in the main we die only seven times more slowly than our dogs.”
― Jim Harrison

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »
 :yeah:
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline bronczilla

• Tracker
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »
Here is a thought.......dont just ask permission, ask what you can do in return. My family owns a good portion of that island, we lease some land for duck season and the rest is for cattle. If you are willing to help build fences, bring in hay in the summer, farm work, round-up help, etc will ensure good relations.

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2012, 03:14:25 PM »
This should change up the dynamics :

Offline Kola16

• <><
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Go Cougs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/robbie.v.bailey16
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »
  :yike: Well the pheasant hunters got their wish.
If guns kill people...then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!"   -Billy Currington

Offline Atroxus

• Sourdough
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:28 PM »
That just at Ebey Island, or all pheasant release sites?

Offline Stilly bay

• Sourdough
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »
  :yike: Well the pheasant hunters got their wish.

actually Kola this isn't good for either party. without closing it to duck hunting altogether its just going to create more conflicts since everyone will be using the place at the same time. granted duck hunting there now on a weekend would be the acme of foolishness...but
just because it doesn't make sense to duck hunt in a place, doesn't mean there won't be people duck hunting there.

another thing to consider is I doubt this was put up to resolve pheasant hunter and duck hunter conflicts. it was probably instituted because of neighbors complaining about the noise, which means yet another pheasant release site/duck hunting area may be taken away down the road.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:38:00 PM by Stilly bay »
"Love the dogs before loving the hunt; love the hunt for the dogs." - Ben O. Williams

“It is easy to forget that in the main we die only seven times more slowly than our dogs.”
― Jim Harrison

Offline Kola16

• <><
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Go Cougs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/robbie.v.bailey16
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2012, 03:31:31 PM »
I guess. If someone still duck hunts there  :yike:
If guns kill people...then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!"   -Billy Currington

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2012, 03:36:53 PM »
 :bash: :bash:

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »
That just at Ebey Island, or all pheasant release sites?

As I posted earlier; includes Stillwater, Cherry Valley, Crescent Lake, and now Ebey Island

This will be in effect during the Western Washington Pheasant Season. For the rest of the hunting season normal hunting hours, half hour before sunrise to half hour after sunset, will apply. For more information, contact Sergeant Kim Chandler (425) 775-1311 ext. 122

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2012, 05:01:23 PM »
Hopefully this will help keep duck hunters from using pheasant release sites since the best time for ducks is during the early and late closure hours anyways. If they do insist on duck hunting release sites they should atleast be required to wear hunter orange or better yet be required to purchase the $90  pheasant permit :tup: :chuckle: :twocents:
NATURE HAS A WAY

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline Stilly bay

• Sourdough
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2012, 05:54:43 PM »
Hopefully this will help keep duck hunters from using pheasant release sites since the best time for ducks is during the early and late closure hours anyways. If they do insist on duck hunting release sites they should atleast be required to wear hunter orange or better yet be required to purchase the $90  pheasant permit :tup: :chuckle: :twocents:
said the elitist westside pheasant hunter :chuckle:

― Jim Harrison

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
I thought you had to own a $3000 Beretta to be an Elitest :dunno:  I'm just a cz shootin wanna bee Elitest 8)
NATURE HAS A WAY

Offline Stilly bay

• Sourdough
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
I thought you had to own a $3000 Beretta to be an Elitest :dunno:  I'm just a cz shootin wanna bee Elitest 8)

I wish I had a $3000 dollar Beretta. luckily Elitist is a state of mind.

― Jim Harrison

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »
I’d support everyone wearing hunter orange.  Not that I’m an elitist, I like to shoot ducks too but the hunter density is just too high for safety when some are camo-ed up and hiding in the grass.

You guys that are out there, full camo, face paint, hiding in the grass, no blind, no decoys, no call, not even near open water, you’re just nuts.  :yike: :yike: :yike: You’re an accident waiting to happen.  :bdid: :bdid: :bdid: I can't think of a better way to get shot. :stup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal