collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Your electronic caller  (Read 14088 times)

Offline jayrod9528

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Team Maybe Next Time
Re: Your electronic caller
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 06:21:46 AM »
Foxpro, $ 600 plus or Primos for under $200 that does exactly the samething if not better. Spend your money on a Foxpro, or go with Primos and buy another rifle....... :chuckle:
I paid $365 for my brand new firestorm. You don't have to spend $600 to get a FOXPRO. I love the FOXPRO excellent sound nice package and with the FOXPRO batteries they are even better. My brother in law has the new Primos and it has plenty of volume has a nice controller and all in all it is a good call however, it is no FOXPRO. Some of the sounds sound like they were taken off a record or at best and 8track if the could improve the sound quality I would agree with you.

The best Foxpros are over $600 and you know if it's a $200 Fxpro it's not good enough for some. I think the Primos is up there with the $600+ Foxpros from what I saw and heard. Can a Foxpro be turned on and off with ease ? I'm not kidding when I said it got turned on when it was on a shelf about 50 ft away and the signal was picked up going through clothes racks and behind a shelf wall. The remote had no line of sight to the Primos. I personally haven't had good luck with my Foxpro, maybe expect too much of it like they advertise on tv. I'll stick with my hand calls.
I think your missing the point. Mine is a good FOXPRO It has the same calls as a furry or a prairie blaster. My point is the actual sound the call produces. The primos machine is a good machine they just need to do something with there sound quality when calling I want a clear call not sounding like a 1920's victrola. 
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 06:26:12 AM »
Foxpro, $ 600 plus or Primos for under $200 that does exactly the samething if not better. Spend your money on a Foxpro, or go with Primos and buy another rifle....... :chuckle:
I paid $365 for my brand new firestorm. You don't have to spend $600 to get a FOXPRO. I love the FOXPRO excellent sound nice package and with the FOXPRO batteries they are even better. My brother in law has the new Primos and it has plenty of volume has a nice controller and all in all it is a good call however, it is no FOXPRO. Some of the sounds sound like they were taken off a record or at best and 8track if the could improve the sound quality I would agree with you.

The best Foxpros are over $600 and you know if it's a $200 Fxpro it's not good enough for some. I think the Primos is up there with the $600+ Foxpros from what I saw and heard. Can a Foxpro be turned on and off with ease ? I'm not kidding when I said it got turned on when it was on a shelf about 50 ft away and the signal was picked up going through clothes racks and behind a shelf wall. The remote had no line of sight to the Primos. I personally haven't had good luck with my Foxpro, maybe expect too much of it like they advertise on tv. I'll stick with my hand calls.
I think your missing the point. Mine is a good FOXPRO It has the same calls as a furry or a prairie blaster. My point is the actual sound the call produces. The primos machine is a good machine they just need to do something with there sound quality when calling I want a clear call not sounding like a 1920's victrola.

I got your point. The Primos didn't sound like a 1920s victrola at all.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Online Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 07:52:00 AM »
Fx 3 upgraded to the 5. The charging light on mine doesn't go out when charged. So I have to check the temps of the batteries so I don't burn them up. Great caller other than that hiccup  ;)
Hey! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though sometimes I wonder.

If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans.

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »
I have two of the Minaska Bandit M1 callers. They have great sound quality, easy to operate and have been very reliable BUT Minaska has horrible customer service......NO wait!!! Minaska has INCREDIBLY HORRIBLE service, as in they don't give a rats azz if they ever fix anything they sell. Just go to Predator Masters and look through the past posts about them. I have gone to their website and only recently has one of the brothers started posting again promising a new caller about to hit the market. They are a complete joke and there are numerous consumers that have sent in their calls for repair and have never seen them again.

I now use a FoxPro CS24B, it is an outstanding caller, yes a bit spendy but it works and I am comfortable with the customer service that FoxPro has established over the years, they are truly second to none. Now comapring the FoxPro caller to the new Primos callers......Varmint Ventilator runs a Primos Alpha Dog, it is half the cost of the CS24B and it has excellent sound quality, it is very loud also but the only hang up is the battery life, it seems to run a little short. So far the sound quality is great up until about 2 hours or so into the calling and then it begins to get scratchy, broken up and basically sounds like crap.

Now..... in all fairness, he has changed up to re-chargable batteries and has stated the sound quality life is better, but I have not been out with him for long enough periods of time to listen to it to hear the sound degradation.
The other question I would have is their customer service, he has apparently not had the need to use it yet so that will be determined at a later date.

I can tell you this, there are a lot of FoxPro callers out there and the company bends over backwards to assist you in every way, so to me it's a no brainer these days plus FoxPro is made in the Good Ol' USA!!!

Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline johnr060

• Scout
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
Foxpro firestorm. Love the call and it has great sound quality :tup:
IAFF Local 469

Offline AWS

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
Have you had bad CS from Minaska?  I haven't, last year they custom programed a sound card for me and repaired my remote after the antenea disapeared at a show.  Yeah they had allot of problems after the merge with Flambeau, but even before that their was a lot of Minaska bashing going on at Predatormasters.  Minaska calls were pretty cutting edge and Foxpro was playing catch up.  The big country and M-1 bandit were out before Foxpro moved out of the flashlight case and Foxpro finally came out with a keyboard remote on their CS 24 so you don't have to scroll for sounds. 

I'm looking forward to Minaska entering the arena again, it will be good for the products of both companies and great for the consumer.
After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 10:43:52 AM »
Foxpro Fury. Can get it fixed if needed. I use foxpro Rechargible's love the remote. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »
Buy a FoxPro.

Period

And...don't get too caught up in how many sounds it holds.  16 is plenty IMO.  How many sounds does a guy really NEED?  I will admit I have an FX3 and have 32 sounds but....never use that many.

The cat sounds are fun to play next to someone's tent while camping tho :chuckle:

Got to love the remote :chuckle:
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
There is no way anyone can argue the customer service FoxPro gives, they have had a long and reputable history with great service. Now IF Minaska can get their chit together once and for all, they too may finally have a customer service base that will be worth considering another one of their products. As I stated, their history speaks for it self and they have had an extremely bad history with the majority of their customers over the past year or two. Again, simply go to Predator Masters and look for yourself.

Gringo has it right, cry once go FoxPro you will be very satisfied.

My FoxPro CS24B caller holds 500 sounds, I have 100 loaded in it as that is the way it comes when you purchase it. I use maybe 10, most of the others I've never even heard.
Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline Brownie28

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 07:43:46 PM »
I have a kanatitek cx1 it's awesome has enough volume and features with a simple remote. I have aquired lots of sounds in the couple years I've had it and with the optional output jacks I can run 2 external hot speakers for more volume. Looked at foxpros and a few others but found too many "my fox pro broke so I sent it back to get fixed story's" I don't want to have something I always have to fix I want something I can use hard and have work every time I want to use it. You don't buy leupolds for their warranty you buy for the quality the warranty is just a bonus foxpro has from what I can tell a great warranty/customer service but just an ok product. Not my cup of tea JMHO

Offline deerslyr

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
My buddy and I are in the process of building our own. We'll be said and done for around a hundo for a wireless caller with a top notch speaker and as many sounds as we want. Using it in conjunction with our smart phones.

Offline CastleRocker

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 08:21:39 PM »
My buddy and I are in the process of building our own. We'll be said and done for around a hundo for a wireless caller with a top notch speaker and as many sounds as we want. Using it in conjunction with our smart phones.

I built my first three e-callers, and they worked just fine.  In fact, if you are looking for a wireless mic, I still have two Nady 151's that are two channel units.

I did eventually buy a Foxpro, and I love it.  Like has been said, customer service is second to none.  It's almost "Leupold like" CS!

I have a WT caller as well, and it does have the best sound I've heard.  It's too bad the owner is such an arrogant ass, and TELLS you what sounds he thinks you "need".  Ordered the caller and didn't get the sounds I ordered.  Called, and he told me that HE knows what I need in Western Washington, and that was it.  I won't purchase anything from him again.  That being said, he does make a good product.
Work to live, don't live to work.

You can educate away ignorance, sober up drunkenness, but you can't fix stupid.

Offline aer212

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »
I have a WT and a Wildfire. WT is very good for me. Has the best sounds I have heard. Remote works far better than my Wildfire. I bought mine from Wildlife Callers and didn't have to deal with the owner of WT, I got the sounds I wanted. Foxpros work well also, I just wish I could have WT sounds on a Foxpro caller. It would be the best of both worlds with all the extra fancy stuff you can get on a Foxpro. I have had a fx3 and a johnny stewart preymaster also but my go to call is the WT.

Offline CastleRocker

• Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
I have a WT and a Wildfire. WT is very good for me. Has the best sounds I have heard. Remote works far better than my Wildfire. I bought mine from Wildlife Callers and didn't have to deal with the owner of WT, I got the sounds I wanted. Foxpros work well also, I just wish I could have WT sounds on a Foxpro caller. It would be the best of both worlds with all the extra fancy stuff you can get on a Foxpro. I have had a fx3 and a johnny stewart preymaster also but my go to call is the WT.

I really wish I could combine the features of the WT and the Foxpro...I think it would make the BEST caller.  Throw in some of the Minaska and Burnham Bros sounds and the coyotes and cats around here would be in serious danger! 

If someone out there has the electrical knowledge to do something like that, I'm telling you right now; you would be very successful.  I'll pre-order one right now!
Work to live, don't live to work.

You can educate away ignorance, sober up drunkenness, but you can't fix stupid.

Offline rynokron

• Hunter
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
Foxpro firestorm here. Works great, plenty loud. Don't use it much anymore. Have more fun hand calling them into shotgun range. The howling and pup distress is where the e caller shines.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]