collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Mt. St. Helens Wounded Warrior Elk camp - update for 2015 season -gofundme added  (Read 25908 times)

Offline CplRaines

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Semper Gumby
Re: Mt. St. Helens Wounded Warrior Elk camp - update for 2013 season
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »
My father passed about a month before the season last year so didn't do the camp last year.
This year we are moving camp. My son, daughter and I drew Margaret cow tags so heading down on my bike this weekend to check on spots to set up camp along Spirit lake hwy.
Any suggestions?
Have 3 Jarheads coming in from out of state, 1 Army dog and 1 squid from here.
Can't wait for the season. ;)

Offline go4itlab

• Scout
Re: Mt. St. Helens Wounded Warrior Elk camp - update for 2015 season
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2015, 11:58:11 PM »
Sorry about your father. Good on you for taking this forward!!!!! If you need any donation or hand me down gear. shoot me a pm> I'd love to start something like this myself. Do you mind sharing how you started?

Offline Bulldozer77

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2015, 11:41:40 AM »
In the past with that tag, we've stayed at Seaquest state park although it's a little ways from where you will be hunting. I know people camp in kid valley too which is closer. At seaquest they  didn't have a problem with us hanging elk as long as it was covered, and it's nice to have a shower. good luck to you all in the upcoming season! Sorry about your dad, been through that and it sucks.

Offline CplRaines

• Scout
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
In the past with that tag, we've stayed at Seaquest state park although it's a little ways from where you will be hunting. I know people camp in kid valley too which is closer. At seaquest they  didn't have a problem with us hanging elk as long as it was covered, and it's nice to have a shower. good luck to you all in the upcoming season! Sorry about your dad, been through that and it sucks.

Swung in there yesterday and talked to the ranger on duty. It's a possibility. Wanted to check out Eco Park, it is much closer to the upper access gates, but the gate was locked and it looked all but abandoned.

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2015, 08:53:09 AM »
St Helen's tree farm is closed due to fire danger.  I don't think there will be many people camping like last  year.
275 down 2

Offline CplRaines

• Scout
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2015, 04:52:10 PM »
Fire danger should be low by November's season. Hopefully anyway.  ;)

Offline Tbob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: King co. Search and Rescue
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2015, 12:35:25 PM »
I used to stay at Eco Park all the time. Guys name was Mark that owned it. Great guy! I think I stayed there for three hunting seasons. I went back this last year and all was closed and locked up. I tried calling and got nothing. I tried emailing through there website and again, nothing. I emailed Marks personal email and nothing! I never found out what happened up there! Kinda bummed it was a cool place to stay. I had a yurt the first year and a little cabin the last two seasons I was there.

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2015, 12:52:13 PM »
 Awesome! If they ever need a guy to help them in Little Naches it would be my pleasure to help!!!

Outstanding job!!!!
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline CplRaines

• Scout
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »
Finally got a reply from Eco Park. Was told they are not taking hunters this year.  :rolleyes:
I am starting to think of staying in our normal area and doing some day trips into the Margaret. Oh well.

On another note. Finally had to swallow my pride and ask for help.
I have started a gofundme . My neighbor's son posted it here on the charity thread I think.
Here is a link.
https://www.gofundme.com/kb668e94

Offline bowtechian

• Scout
  • Groups: rmef,wwa,nra, & du
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2015, 12:19:23 AM »
My only complaint is about WDFW. I have tried to get help from them with tags and access for these purple heart/disabled vets and have gotten squat.
Started thinking about moving my camp to Montana for the guys instead. Though I love to be on Mt. St. Helens.
Ah well, such is life.
A good time was had by all.  ;)
Let me know if you do Move it to MT. might have some resources to help and could even get it filmed possibly

Offline CplRaines

• Scout
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2015, 12:32:24 AM »
My only complaint is about WDFW. I have tried to get help from them with tags and access for these purple heart/disabled vets and have gotten squat.
Started thinking about moving my camp to Montana for the guys instead. Though I love to be on Mt. St. Helens.
Ah well, such is life.
A good time was had by all.  ;)
Let me know if you do Move it to MT. might have some resources to help and could even get it filmed possibly

I have family in Lewistown, MT.  So I got an "in" on some good area. I have also kicked the idea of Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, etc. around. It all depends upon the logistical costs.

Offline bowtechian

• Scout
  • Groups: rmef,wwa,nra, & du
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2015, 12:48:42 AM »
Just had a funny encounter I was reading this thread on my break & shortly after replying a guy on the hangar floor who I pass probly every other night asked if I served I reply and state the branch and he reaches out with a firm handshake & tells me thank-you! Quite coincidental if you ask me. But I hope you are able to keep this great camp going
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:56:01 AM by bowtechian »

Offline CplRaines

• Scout
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »
Just had a funny encounter I was reading this thread on my break & shortly after replying a guy on the hangar floor who I pass probly every other night asked if I served I reply and state the branch and he reaches out with a firm handshake & tells me thank-you! Quite coincidental if you ask me. But I hope you are able to keep this great camp going

Coincidences usually aren't. ;)

Offline brianmtsinc

• Longhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2015, 06:09:35 PM »
Finally got a reply from Eco Park. Was told they are not taking hunters this year.  :rolleyes:
I am starting to think of staying in our normal area and doing some day trips into the Margaret. Oh well.

I have started a gofundme . My neighbor's son posted it here on the charity thread I think.
Here is a link.

Great idea!  Happy to help.... heading to Go Fund Me now.  Keep up the great work! :tup:
Brian

Offline CplRaines

• Scout
  • Semper Gumby
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2015, 06:43:12 PM »

Here is a link.

Great idea!  Happy to help.... heading to Go Fund Me now.  Keep up the great work! :tup:
Brian

Thank you, much appreciated. ;)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal