collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Help Finding shed's  (Read 3021 times)

Offline michael.k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • Michael Frick
Help Finding shed's
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:57:21 PM »
i need some  shed hunting advice!  since Hunting season is pretty much over im thinking about Going out for shed's again but i only 14 and i live in the enumclaw , buckley area any idea's for my best bet in finding some good shed's Deer ot Elk any advice will help thank's
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:10:53 PM by michael.k »
Im still young, im only 14, i hunt as much as possible, i've shot 4 deer in my hunting year's and all buck's and have also shot 2 bear!
Go country Or Go Home

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: Help Finding shed's
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »
Deer won't start loosing their antlers till late December and elk not till mid march, your best bet is go to the wintering grounds for elk antlers and in greenwater that's a big area. Blacktail antlers are almost as hard to find as killing a mature blackie. When I was younger and looking for antlers I would look for areas that are out of the way, maby near private properties (near not on) and just start walking. Have fun, it's like an adult Easter egg hunt, but on the westside we have to work at finding antlers, those lucky eastsiders can find them with one eye closed. :chuckle:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline michael.k

• Pilgrim
    • Michael Frick
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »
yeah ive never found any antlers on this side before but found an elk shed a 2 deer  sheds on the east side and i know they havn't stated losing them yet just wanted to know the best spot's to find them! and thank's for the advice i might do that if i can a ride!
Im still young, im only 14, i hunt as much as possible, i've shot 4 deer in my hunting year's and all buck's and have also shot 2 bear!
Go country Or Go Home

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
Deer won't start loosing their antlers till late December and elk not till mid march, your best bet is go to the wintering grounds for elk antlers and in greenwater that's a big area. Blacktail antlers are almost as hard to find as killing a mature blackie. When I was younger and looking for antlers I would look for areas that are out of the way, maby near private properties (near not on) and just start walking. Have fun, it's like an adult Easter egg hunt, but on the westside we have to work at finding antlers, those lucky eastsiders can find them with one eye closed. :chuckle:

:yeah: :yeah:  I found one mature blacktail shed in fourteen years of living on the West Side and I spent hours and days, weeks in the woods. 
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Bowflinger

• Camo pride!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Shoot first, ask questions later
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
I look under every big cedar tree I can find in feb. march and april. I get on my knees in the beds under the trees and slowly look 10-15' of the tree. Sheds aren't under every tree but i found a bunch last year and have made it  a point to target large cedar trees. Deer love to bed under them.
When your hunting, you're living. Everything else is just waiting.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal