collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "It's Just Another Story"  (Read 2426 times)

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
"It's Just Another Story"
« on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:36 PM »
Today Low97ram (RePete) and I went up and hunted with another forum member who shall not be named  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

It was a bit breezy when we got there and only got worse as the morning continued and the tide came in. We tied up to some piling off shore, set out the deeks and waited for first light. The weather got a little better........ for about 15 min, then it got worse  :yike: :yike: :yike:  our pods were not made for white caps  :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: After we realised we were in for a ruff, wet ride we decided to head to shore and before you know it low97ram was half way there just by wind power  :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Thou who shall not be named untied and floated his way to shore, he had to, he lost his paddle while setting up the deeks  :bash: :bash: :bash: I struggled to get my pod untied from the piling i was tied to, I had to be extra careful not to put to much weight in the front of the boat so the waves would not sink me  :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: I was able to free my self and get to shore but was stuck in the log jam. Could not get to shore with all the debris in the way. While I was jockeying for the best position i kept getting water in the pod and I was going down  :yike: :yike: :yike: :yike: RePete yelled at me "get out , your sinking" but I all ready know that and was jumping out.

The water was only about waist deep but the logs pounding me from the front and back was pissing me off as I am trying to save my pod and all me gear in it. Thou who shall not be named made his way over to help while RePete held on for dear life to a log and bush..... Thanks for the help buddy  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

We were able to get my pod out of teh water and his up on the levee road watched RePete get slapped around and birds fly by and not even care to take a shot  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: We all made it back to shore with all our gear, well most of it and are safe.

:brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew:

But the story does not end there......................... there is more of this trip to come  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline Cap.Silver

• My love is the outdoors
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • If not fishing then hunting
Re: "It's Just Another Story"
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:16:56 PM »
Sounds like you guys were lucky and only took a bath in shallow water . What makes you to do such things ? like go on salt with pods . Besides getting wet ,did you at least got one ? :chuckle:
Everyone thinks that I'm freak ,I don't look different do I ?

Offline gasman

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »
Sounds like you guys were lucky and only took a bath in shallow water . What makes you to do such things ? like go on salt with pods . Besides getting wet ,did you at least got one ? :chuckle:

Dude, we never shot off a single shot  :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Me and my gun needed a salt water bath t boot  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

But my cell phone came out dry as a bone  8) 8) 8) 8)

And it was the 25 to 30 MPH wind and wind gust that made it such a story not the salt water  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Gasman

Offline Cougar125

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
What makes you to do such things ? like go on salt with pods .
The place we tied up is generally a mud hole tidal plain at low tide.  When we got out there it was only about knee deep.  The wind is what killed us.

Offline Kola16

• <><
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Go Cougs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/robbie.v.bailey16
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
How big were the swells  :dunno:
If guns kill people...then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!"   -Billy Currington

Offline gasman

• Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »
How big were the swells  :dunno:

I would say between a foot to two feet...... with white caps  :yike:
Gasman

Offline low97ram

• Hunter
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:27:29 AM »
 :dunno: hey...i wasn't gonna dump my boat in the water too...2 out of 3 of us flooded their boats...not this kid..lol.    :IBCOOL:

after we got out of the water (mind you we had to pull the boats and climb up a 5' "cliff" if you will, that was topped off with blackberry bushes)...we had to drag the boats up a mud/rock/grass road about 1/4 mile to a gate.  luckily there was a gate to pull to or we would have been sitting there until low tide (which was about 4something that afternoon) and this all started at 6am.

got the boats pulled to about 75 yrds of gate, Gasman pulled the boats the rest of the way to gate as me and "you know who" walked the 1/2 mile or so around the ponds to get back to trucks so we could hook up with Gasman.  As we walked back, now the wind had really kicked up and was blowing water up and over the roadway....

but the fun doesn't stop there....driving back we get to about Northgate area and some lady pulls up next to me and yells out "hey..you're dragging a shock". so we pull over...sure enough, right rear shock was off and the top had almosted grinded itself away. top bolt had sheered/jiggled itself loose and was gone.  so we removed it and went on.  then we get to tacoma, just to Gasman's house and i hear something else dragging.   :bash: :bash:  YUP...the other shock came off.  both rears are now off...and i bounced all the way home..

what a day for murphy's law to come into affect.....and not even 1 bird to show for it  :bash:

i.e. "just another story"
2009 Bowtech Carnivore
Duck chaser
Retired Navy CPO

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »
Wow.

That's saltwater hunting for you, it's never what you expect it will be.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »
Sounds like an adventure.  Cougar is new to the area.  Wait until Dec. & Jan.  Those storms kick up quick, especially with the the change of the tides.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal