collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Open Seat, or "My dog needs some action" thread(Upland)  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Atroxus

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Open Seat, or "My dog needs some action" thread(Upland)
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »
I was thinking maybe we should try to get a thread started for upland hunters like the one in the waterfowl section.

If you want to hunt upland birds and would like some company, post up here, and see if maybe we can get a sticky thread like the one in the waterfowl forum.  :tup:

After all us elitist pheasant hunters can't be out done by those water-fowlers.  :stirthepot:  :chuckle:

Offline Stilly bay

• Sourdough
  • ELITIST WEST SIDE DITCH PARROT HUNTER
Re: Open Seat, or "My dog needs some action" thread(Upland)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

After all us elitist pheasant hunters can't be out done by those water-fowlers.  :stirthepot:  :chuckle:

Soooo your an elitist pheasant hunter now, after only two birds? it takes years of cultivating a huge sense of entitlement and superiority to become an Elite westside pheasant hunter. hell I bet your still putting your briar pants on only one leg at a time.

but even though your just a padowan, that is a pretty good idea for the dogless to get into some birds and for those who are dogged to get their dogs more field time. :tup:
"Love the dogs before loving the hunt; love the hunt for the dogs." - Ben O. Williams

“It is easy to forget that in the main we die only seven times more slowly than our dogs.”
― Jim Harrison

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »
I'll put my dog into the ring (so to speak).

East side/ West side I'm good with either.
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline Stilly bay

• Sourdough
  • ELITIST WEST SIDE DITCH PARROT HUNTER
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
ttt
"Love the dogs before loving the hunt; love the hunt for the dogs." - Ben O. Williams

“It is easy to forget that in the main we die only seven times more slowly than our dogs.”
― Jim Harrison

Offline daradke

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »
I know this is a stupid question, but what does ttt mean?  I have seen it a couple times now on this board.

Offline Mr56Jeep

• Jack of all trades
  • Hunter
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
I know this is a stupid question, but what does ttt mean?  I have seen it a couple times now on this board.

ttt=Bump=To The Top    :chuckle:

Offline rangerGSP

• Pilgrim
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 10:30:58 PM »
I would be willing to take a dogless hunter afield with me for pheasant. I hunt in the southwest part of the state and bagged two roosters by 8:11AM. My pups could us more time in the field.

Offline crazysccrmd

• Scout
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
I would be willing to take a dogless hunter afield with me for pheasant. I hunt in the southwest part of the state and bagged two roosters by 8:11AM. My pups could us more time in the field.

Depending on when you go I might like to take you up on that. Would need to break out the shotgun and practice first though, haven't bird hunted/skeet shot in years.
"Republicans NEED to find a salesman! They couldn't sell a hooker on a troop ship full of 10,000 marines!" - thanks Special T

Offline rangerGSP

• Pilgrim
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 10:51:49 PM »
I live outside  Battle Ground WA and hunt just about every weekend at the shilapoo (vancouver wildlife area and ocasionaly the woodland release site. I have four German shorthairs, two of which are pups and need nore field time. I ususaly hunt one vetran and one pup so we usualy find our share of birds How is your availability for weekends?

ty

Offline gundogr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 09:49:47 PM »
I am in Duvall. I am not elitest (at all, ha) but I favor the east side. This is even though there is a release site under my back door and one about 3 miles down Route 203 from me. But I could be had to go East young/old man.

to get out more with the olde setter. She is still pissed I didn't take her on my deer hunt after we earlier scouted and she pointed 8 grouse... (and about a million chipmunks, what?) bagged two nice grouse on the scout trip... That was fun. If I had my 20gauge out of the truck longer, prolly could have had a couple more as they held tight enough to spit my gum at em and knock em over.

Offline Cougar125

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 08:30:22 PM »
Thinking about hitting up some grouse tomorrow up near Acme.  Hit me up if you're interested.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal