collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Crossbow?  (Read 6263 times)

Offline 3dsheetmetal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Crossbow?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:15 AM »

Scopes on crossbows are legal during modern firearm season.
[/quote]

Just looked up in the game laws on page 75 #3-f. it says that (Using a scope on a  crossbow during a modern firearm season is not allowed.)Which I really don't understand where the Dept. is coming from since you use scopes on rifles :dunno:
It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have it.                                                                             Local 66 sheetmetal workers

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 10:07:01 AM »
It says scopes are NOW allowed.

Offline 3dsheetmetal

• Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
Sorry Bobcat you are correct Guess my eyes are not what they used to be. :yike:
It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have it.                                                                             Local 66 sheetmetal workers

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 09:27:45 AM »
I just happened to run across this thread. The use of crossbows with a scope during Modern Firearm Seasons is only allowed in Firearm Restricted Areas.

The original regulations did not correctly state this. The errata corrected this error.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01383/2012_big_game_hunting_errata.pdf

Page 75 (Added April 20)
Item number 3.f. should read “Using a scope on a crossbow during a modern firearm season,
in firearm restriction areas, is now allowed.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Heredoggydoggy

• Old Salt
  • Team I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS $H!T !
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 09:45:48 AM »
When I was going to school in Massachusetts, it was illegal there to even OWN one.  Yet one of my classmates made one in High School Shop Class.  Ahh...the 1960's--I'd go back in a minute!  :tup:
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

When Bernie Madoff did it, it's called a "Ponzi Scheme"
When Government does it, it's called "Social Security"

Offline jthurs

• Tracker
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:54 AM »
I have hunted with a compound since I was 10 and consider myself to be a fairly good shot. I have killed several deer at 50+. My buddy lost his leg and ended up with a crossbow. His is a Horton vision with a scope(reverse limbs). I will tell you that I watched him kill 3 deer with it one being at 80 yards and you cannot even put it in the same category as a compound. I can shoot his with fixed blade thunderheads at 75 yards in a 4 inch group. 320 fps with a 420 grain arrow too, wicked penetration and hard to find arrows. His is light and hangs awesome, reminds me of shooting a 10/22. No trouble at 75 yards even freehand!

Offline Da stump

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Give me a good book and a gun, that's all I need.
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »
I am a disabled hunter and picked up a used barnett crossbow this year.  got to take off the scope and not much of a choice on normal sights out there for the barnett predator but did find a fiber optic sight for about 200 dollars and need to get a pulley system to get the darn thing ready to go.  That rope thing that came with it is a joke for me.  Then about four dozen arrows and should be good for awhile.  It will be nice to be able to hunt with my son again.  Just need to find a good tree stand and use a comealong to get me up in it and i will be good.  The sights are marked out to 60 yds with 30, 40, 50, and 60 yd pins.  If anyone knows of any others that would fit a barnett pedator i would like to know about it. :drool:
I've slowed down enough in my old age to finally let the game catch up to me

Offline MLhunter1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »
My dads a disabled hunter.  He got a barnett this fall.  Shot a whitetail at 30 yards square through the front shoulder and out the other side.  Arrow sailed 20 yds beyond the deer and got lost in the grass.  I was impressed.  Lot of speed and energy going on there.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal