collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: boat blind  (Read 5682 times)

sisu

boat blind
« on: July 31, 2007, 06:04:50 AM »
I am looking at buying Cabela's Northern Flight™ Boat Blind. Do you guys think the new model with the over head cover is worth the extra 100 bucks? I've got a 1865 Lowe Rough Neck.
I was going to build one out of 3/4 copper but after pricing the materials I come out cheaper with a ready built one. The copper one is kind of cool as it set up real easy in and out of the boat and a simple design. I considered making it out of 3/4 electrical conduit but gave up that idea when I got the weight on the set up. 

Any information welcome. As a side note I am also looking for a 4 to 9 hp kicker...2 or 4 stroke. If you're located on the westside I'll be there as soon as Pacyew needs his tools back, and I know that will be before duck season.

Offline Choclab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Stubby
Re: boat blind
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 09:55:38 AM »
I'll let you know about the kicker. I too am in the market for a blind. I think the top would be worth the money if you lived on the wetside, but the dry east side...I don't think you would need it. I have heard some good and bad about the blind. It's heavy and some of the materials are cheap. Plus I guess you only get 24 feet of wind stopper material for an 16-18 ft. boat...makes sence eh?? I also read that the blind doesn't come with blind material if you order the cold weather blind with the top.....
Eastsider stuck on the wetside......

Offline HuntinCrazy

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 01:17:49 PM »
I bought the AVERY Quick Set boat blind for my 17' Skeeker and love it. It's worth the extra money for the rain fly and wind stopper. I use the boat mostly on the Nisqually Delta! Time's getting near........wooohooooooooooo

sisu

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 01:42:33 PM »
I am going to miss a whole lot of the early hunting season, but will be back toward the end of October. Since I am driving from Northern Wisconsin thru Minnesota, North Dakota, etc to Spokane I'll stop at a Ganders Mountain or a Cabelas to inspect the blinds they are selling. If I like it I'll buy it on the way back home, that way I can make a case for the cold weather wind screen and what ever other things would be nice to have.

I'll post some pictures of the boat when it gets all decked out for duck hunting.

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »
Just a heads up......

I saw a Cabelas Northern Duck Blind on Craiglist today for $250. It needs new grass mats but well worth the price!! :chuckle:

sisu

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 08:35:36 AM »
Craigs list. Which city and under what catagory?

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman