collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lock The Gates  (Read 80232 times)

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: Lock The Gates
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »
Here's an idea:  Why can't the leaders create a policy that does not allow members to harvest winter range animals in certain "ceded" areas?  They have this so called "treaty".  They also have their own laws, so..........

I'm sure this will get shot all to hell, but if they had any pride, they'd being taking steps to managing this natural resource, instead of trophy hunt it.   Obviously they know what's happening up here, and there hasn't been anything done to my knowledge to control it.  I'm damned sure their ancestors hadn't invisioned it this way at all.

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
What makes you able bodied hunters so special ? I can't hike at all. They should give ALL disabled hunters access to YOUR locked gates and allow us NON able bodied hunters to ride our ATVs behind ALL locked gates. . We get the worst areas to hunt that are supposed to be an area where we will have a good chance to get that deer or elk, or whatever the WDFW allows us to hunt. Stop your whining, you guys aren't special in my book, just a bunch of cry babies.
I'm sorry you are disabled but this state gives out handicapped parking permits to those that the only way they are handicapped is by being a lard azz. Look in the store next time and see who it is using the handicapped shopping carts or parking in the handicapped zones.. those that the exercise would do the most good.
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Washington for Wildlife
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »
What makes you able bodied hunters so special ? I can't hike at all. They should give ALL disabled hunters access to YOUR locked gates and allow us NON able bodied hunters to ride our ATVs behind ALL locked gates. . We get the worst areas to hunt that are supposed to be an area where we will have a good chance to get that deer or elk, or whatever the WDFW allows us to hunt. Stop your whining, you guys aren't special in my book, just a bunch of cry babies.
:yeah:
"Believe in your abilities and confidence will lead you on"

Offline 724wd

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
where do non-hunters fit into this?  say i wanna take my kids out in the woods and drive around looking at stuff?   :dunno:

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »
I'm sorry you are disabled but this state gives out handicapped parking permits to those that the only way they are handicapped is by being a lard azz. Look in the store next time and see who it is using the handicapped shopping carts or parking in the handicapped zones.. those that the exercise would do the most good.
So you believe that everyone that has a disable placard is a lard a$$ and should just be put to sleep  because they are what you said to lazy to do something about their health?  WOW, to hear some of these statements makes me hope that for your sake you don't end up disabled and wanting my help when you cant get out of your chair or from off of the floor  :bash: >:(

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 04:17:10 PM »
Do you both hunt in these areas?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »

As far as I know, this topic was started so we could discuss managing a critical resource, during a critical time, on critical lands.  Not so people could whine.  PS, I thought you said you hated eating deer meat? 

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
Does it truly matter which areas I hunt?  For anyone to make a comment like that it completely out of line in regards to hunting.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
Does it truly matter which areas I hunt?  For anyone to make a comment like that it completely out of line in regards to hunting.

I think I smell somebody that needs a salt and vinegar bath. ;)

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2012, 04:20:18 PM »
where do non-hunters fit into this?  say i wanna take my kids out in the woods and drive around looking at stuff?   :dunno:
There are a few other roads in this state that you can take your kids out in the woods, I seriously doubt your kids will be damaged if they can't take a drive down one of the few roads in these specific areas.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 04:20:56 PM »
Obviously they know what's happening up here, and there hasn't been anything done to my knowledge to control it.

You expect them to know what 10,000+ other people do?  If I don't, what makes you think our Leaders do?  I have way more time then they do and if I don't know every single one of those 10,000+ plus members then I can guarantee they don't.

I spoke with some and they had no idea what I was talking about and to them since I was repeating what I was told it held no bearing.  Unless the person that saw it was willing to say it either in person or put it down on writing then it's all hearsay and never happened.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »
lol its never going to work accommodating to EVERY ONES interests, just do whats good for the critters..which is not a complex   
problem..people just MAKE IT complex cuz everyone is out for them selves in this state...its the "fu" an hurrah for me mentality

stop over complicating things..just do whats good for the critters :twocents:

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »
No, this thread started out ok, until it went to bashing on anyone that doesn't follow in the beliefs of others.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
Agreed but I didn't say it. It absolutely does matter if you hunt in these areas, if you don't then it wouldn't even effect you.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »
Obviously they know what's happening up here, and there hasn't been anything done to my knowledge to control it.

You expect them to know what 10,000+ other people do?  If I don't, what makes you think our Leaders do?  I have way more time then they do and if I don't know every single one of those 10,000+ plus members then I can guarantee they don't.

I spoke with some and they had no idea what I was talking about and to them since I was repeating what I was told it held no bearing.  Unless the person that saw it was willing to say it either in person or put it down on writing then it's all hearsay and never happened.

Plat,

I've called the Nation several times about this issue.  I finally gave up because I was getting nowhere, and they said there was nothing they could really do.  That was two years ago.  If you'd be so kind as to give me the number again, I'd happily continue my "civilized approach" calling.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal