collapse
Double U Hunting Supply For all your AR 500 steel target needs and competitive shooting events!

Author Topic: Mad house at work today  (Read 2948 times)

Offline spur_ride

• Off-Topics
  • Scout
Mad house at work today
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »
So, i work at Sportsman's Warehouse in puyallup and got a phone call today asking if i wanted som OT. i was like " does a bear **** in the woods? heck yeah!" Well, when i got up there it was nothing less than absolute madness over AR's, Accesories, mags, and ammo. We sold out of every AR we had in stock and have a dwindling supply of .23 and 5.56 ammo. Its absolutly crazy. Then to top it all of we have to have these customers that get livid pissed or upset when we tell them sorry we are sold out. We cant just have a never ending supply of this sitting in back stock.  :bash: Just a little rant here. Im stepping down from my box now.

Offline Crunchy

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Mad house at work today
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
yeah there is a lot of chicken little in the air these days.  Apparently the economy isnt quite as bad as some people want us to think.

Offline The Weazle

• Weird...
  • Off-Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »
Sportsmans warehouse is always sold out of everything...Worst stocking/re-supply system in any retail store I have ever been in.  Every time I go there, I have to drive the extra 40 minutes to Cabela's to get what I want because sportsmans is out!
Sexually deprived for your Freedom!
Beer, It's not just for breakfast anymore!

I have a B.S. in B.S.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »
If you are XXL or XXXL they have a never ending supply.  If your looking for large, good luck!
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline Old Dog

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 07:16:55 PM »
Sportsmans warehouse is always sold out of everything...Worst stocking/re-supply system in any retail store I have ever been in.  Every time I go there, I have to drive the extra 40 minutes to Cabela's to get what I want because sportsmans is out!

The only Sportsman's in Washington is in Puyallup.  Areyou sure you have the right store?  :dunno:
Hunt hard and shoot straight!

Offline marlin

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 07:17:50 PM »
I wasnt there to witness it, but a friend of mine told me that 30rd AR mags were sold out at Lacey Cabela's.. This summer I could have bought as many AR USGI 30rd mags as I wanted for $5 bucks a piece.. Too bad I didnt buy as many as I could have. If it keeps going this way, I might be sitting on $10k worth of ammo and mags soon.

Offline The Weazle

• Weird...
  • Off-Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 07:30:18 PM »

The only Sportsman's in Washington is in Puyallup.  Areyou sure you have the right store?  :dunno:

Yep, Only now it's called Sportsmans wholesale...according to the employees, the only thing that changed was the name, still the same products, same employees, same person in charge of making sure all the shelves are empty and nothing you need in stock.

I have a B.S. in B.S.

Offline Old Dog

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »
That company is Wholesale Sports out of Canada.  They are a completely different entity.  That store was originally owned by Sportsman's Warehouse, but was sold, along with all the other Sportsman's stores in WA,  to UFA Holding from Calgary, Canada in March of 2009.

Sportsman's Warehouse is based in Midvale, Utah.

Offline The Weazle

• Weird...
  • Off-Topics
  • Longhunter
Mad house at work today
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »
Correct.  Same everything, except owner.  So might was well be the same name.  All employees I talk to say nothing has changed except the name on the building.  I was hoping when sportsmans warehouse went under here, that the new company would keep the shelves stocked better, but a few years later, and it still sucks!!!

I have a B.S. in B.S.

Offline Zardoz

• Off-Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA,GOA
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »
YUP      :yeah:

Offline Old Dog

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »
Once again.  IT IS A DIFFERENT COMPANY!  :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline KFhunter

• Off-Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
There is one in the northtown mall in spokane now  :tup:

It's like a daycare for men when the wives are shopping the rest of the mall  :chuckle:

http://us.wholesalesports.com/storefront/index.ep

Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calgary-based, UFA Co-operative Limited. With 11 stores in western Canada and 14 US locations in the Pacific Northwest, Wholesale Sports is a multi-channel retailer dedicated to the sportsmen and women who have a passion for hunting, camping and fishing and a love of the great outdoors. Wholesale Sports is the best place to purchase quality gear, get expert advice and share the obsession of being in the woods, on the water or on the trail.

Offline Snopczynski

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • www.facebook.com/nwsafe
    • NW SAFE
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »
It has gotten insanely busy at the safe store. I have people non-stop calling and customers coming in too get safes. I tried all day to get out of work for a few minutes to go down to the local gun store in Enumclaw to look for pmags. When I finally made it down there, I scored four 30 rounders, windowed with magpul ranger floor plates for $20 a piece.

Surplus Ammo and arms in Lakewood has thousands of pmags.

Offline GEARHEAD

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »
Lol, this no other  president has sold more AR guns than this president. to Americans and mexican cartels....he should be called the gun president. i think the news, reported today as the single largest day of gun sales ever, lol.  (not)

btw, you guys were great a year ago getting me my SR1911 In only two weeks.   you guys rock. thank you.

Offline GrainfedMuley

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • That's my boy, Myles Montgomery
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »

Federal Way?
A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey!

Hunting and fishing is boring....Killing and catching is fun.  Quote: John Hubbard,  Master Sargent, Washington Army National Guard

Offline crazysccrmd

• Off-Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »

I wouldn't bet on that. I stopped by out of curiosity this morning since it was on my way home. It was 1030, they opened at 1000. Almost all of the "assault" weapons were sold already, probably 20 people in line for background checks, and ammo shelves were nearly bare of the common high demand calibers.
"Republicans NEED to find a salesman! They couldn't sell a hooker on a troop ship full of 10,000 marines!" - thanks Special T

Offline Old Dog

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 01:00:15 AM »

Federal Way?

Originally Sportsman's Warehouse, now Wholesale Sports out of Canada.

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Old Salt
  • President of the RadSav fanclub Est. 2011
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 06:59:03 AM »
I'm sitting on my 16 and 30 round Glock 19 magazines.  Figure in a few months I should be able to sell 2 or 3 of them and have enough money to buy another pistol.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself

Offline Snopczynski

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • NW SAFE
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 08:19:22 AM »

I wouldn't bet on that. I stopped by out of curiosity this morning since it was on my way home. It was 1030, they opened at 1000. Almost all of the "assault" weapons were sold already, probably 20 people in line for background checks, and ammo shelves were nearly bare of the common high demand calibers.

The manager straight out told me wednesday morning that they have thousands of them. So if you need them, go in there.

Offline Snopczynski

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • NW SAFE
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
Talked to andy at surplus two hours ago, they still have thousands of pmags.

Offline crazysccrmd

• Off-Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 11:34:28 PM »

Cool. Are they still selling them at normal price? I'm torn on what to think of all the price gouging. It's simply good business practice to get the most money for your product but it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
"Republicans NEED to find a salesman! They couldn't sell a hooker on a troop ship full of 10,000 marines!" - thanks Special T

Offline Snopczynski

• Site Ad Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • NW SAFE
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 11:45:52 PM »
They are more than standard price.

Offline silverdalesauer

• Off-Topics
  • Scout
  • Wicked Awesome!
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 11:48:45 PM »
I went to Wholesale Sports in Silverdale, WA today and the place was packed. AR's, pistols, and ammo selling like latte's at Starbucks on a cold day. There were plenty of pistols still available, but the shotguns, rifles, and AR's were very thin.

Got some extra magazines for my 1911 .45 ACP
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 12:12:46 AM »

Cool. Are they still selling them at normal price? I'm torn on what to think of all the price gouging. It's simply good business practice to get the most money for your product but it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Perhaps that's guilt or regret about not buying them back when they were cheaper and you had that feeling that you should. Just imagine how you'll feel if the ban takes effect and you wind up not being able to find them at all.

I have no problem with them marking their products up. I would.  Supply and demand, baby.
April is financial literacy month. So  feed the pig!
   A message brought to you by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.

Offline crazysccrmd

• Off-Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »

Perhaps that's guilt or regret about not buying them back when they were cheaper and you had that feeling that you should. Just imagine how you'll feel if the ban takes effect and you wind up not being able to find them at all.

I have no problem with them marking their products up. I would.  Supply and demand, baby.

I have plenty and can get more free through work. Like I said, can't blame them.

Quick Links

* Random Photo New

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal