collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bull elk Bumping unit need help calling in !  (Read 4656 times)

Offline MIKEXRAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Bowhunter east side. Kayak Fishing cascade lakes.
Bull elk Bumping unit need help calling in !
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:20:15 AM »
I know this is a long shot since everyone has their plans. I have a bull tag for the east side and hunt the Bumping unit. I have been up hunting for four days and found the bulls. They are a little deeper than I thought & just started responding on my last day up there. ( Sun) I had three bulls going but they wouldn't come in. I didn't bump them and the reason for my post is I'm looking for some one to hunt with. I know the area and where they are, been hunting my self and realized very hard to connect and get out ! I'm looking for someone who is a good caller & have to be in good shape. I'm hunting 1 1/2 - 2 miles up ! I'm going back out Wed - Sun when it cools off a little. I will split the meat, drive (day or stay), food etc. I could use a little help and great chance to call in bulls. If you have an east side tag I passed on a couple cows already (20yard shots) & passed on a bear also (small). I'm going to go back and give it hell for end of season, if you want to help out for day or couple it would be fun. I need my first elk ! Bull preferred.   Mike  253 335 9332  cell

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
Re: Bull elk Bumping unit need help calling in !
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 07:42:30 AM »
Would love too Mike, just with the lens and a bunch of calls around my neck for you. You can keep the meat.   I have the late tag up there.  I'm headed to Idaho though.  I'm glad you found a few up there though, thats hopeful.  GOODLUCK!

Offline YellowDog

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 08:29:04 AM »
Mike

I have an eastside elk tag (general) tag.  I am heading out this evening in the bumping unit by myself for an evening hunt and then my brothers are joining me tomorrow.  We will be therer through tuesday.  If we don't tag out, I will be back next weekend.  If you haven't tagged out let me know or just give me a call.  If you need help packing on Wednesday, my brother lives in Selah and has the day off so if you want someont to hunt with or need help packing he could probably give you a hand.  206-353-5367 Chris

Offline demontang

• Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 11:54:48 AM »
I'm heading up thursday tell sunday and was planing on going up to the rimrock unit. I have some very good calls but I'm not the greatest caller. I would be able to help you  for a few days if you need it and you could keep the meat I'm planing on getting a cow elk and a nice buck this year. Give me a call 509-952-9048 Devin

Offline hunterofelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »
Hey guys, learn from my mistake, send a PM if you are giving out your phone number!

Offline RightPlace-RightTime

• Life is a collection of Memories-They are like starlight, They go on forever
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »
What was the bad result from giving out your number?

Offline MIKEXRAY

• Sourdough
  • Bowhunter east side. Kayak Fishing cascade lakes.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 06:36:30 AM »
Thanks for the offers, I will firm up my plans and make some calls Tuesday before I go. As far as the phone numbers I don't know why it matters, mine is even on the side of my work truck going down the high way ? Thanks again and the offer is still open, I'll call. Mike

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 07:50:21 AM »
I've bow hunted the bumping and if you act small they well just bugle back at you. Use a mouth diaphram and call like your the biggest baddest bull in the woods, use lots of grunts with your bugle. If they hang up, go to the hipper cow call. When there about 100yds out throw your bugle back behind you, they'll walk by and present a shot. Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »
Goodluck Mike.  Wish I was up there calling for you, it would be fun.  I hope all of you guys are around next year with moose tags and elk tags when I am sitting here with nothing to do but carry around this big lens.   

Offline Todd_ID

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunt Hard!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 04:14:30 PM »
Good luck up there Mike!  One of these days I'll figure out how to not let work interfere with archery season.  I'd love to be on the hill calling for you in a good area.  Hunting with a video camera is about as good as it gets because it's hard to miss!  Plus, I love calling in bulls.  Couple those together, and I'll go just about anywhere to do it whether I've got a tag or not.  But throw two weeks at work into the mix, and I can only sit here on the net and wish you the best of luck.  If you decide you need some calling advice, then check your PM for my phone number.  I love to talk elk hunting.
Bring a GPS!  It's awkward to have to eat your buddies!

Offline flashover52

• Hunter
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 08:46:36 PM »
Just got back from that area.

We had a nice cinamon bear come in to about 10 yards and as we lined up a shot, we saw a spring cub with her so we whistled and off she went down the hill.

Good luck as I wish I could make it back up there another week.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:08:42 PM by flashover52 »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand