collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Re: More Hounds down due to Wolves in MT.  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Hunterman

• Y.A.R. PRO FISHING TEAM MEMBER #1 MASTER BAITER
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: More Hounds down due to Wolves in MT.
« on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »
This post is in regards to my post on this topic. Not that I need to explain myself, but to put some of you greater than thou to ease I'm going to.

First off let me say that I sent Michelle a PM to apologize for (in her words) "pissing her off", and to explain myself, and why I posted what I posted.

Now for the rest.. First off on topic like this I do not spew off my head on topics I know nothing about. Yes I have seen what wolves can and have done to a pack of hounds (4 great hounds) in less than 5 min. Not a good seen. 3 wolves died of lead poisoning, and the forth died later from wounds suffered. This was back before Montana ever stated there were wolves there and I'm talking decades earlier. I have also seen other wolf kill sites in Alaska, Idaho, and Montana. Not something you forget too soon. This why I stated the dogs look too clean.

Now for the slam that I didn't know what I was talking about, about the dogs could have died from exposure. How many of you hounds men have had a dog get on a track and just go, only to be found days latter ran to death? Don't even try to tell me this does not happen. I have also seen this. Not all hounds men are shall we say good to their dogs. I have come across hounds here in Western Washington left to lay in the woods with a bullet to the head, because (from what the owner said) it was a damn worthless mutt   :bash:

I have had the pleasure to hunt over a lot of this great country, and have seen more in the 40 plus years of hunting then most will see in a lifetime. When I post on topics like this (which I don't very often) I post from my experiences not from the band wagon that some folks yak from not knowing what they are talking about they are just following the crowd just to fit in. The ones who really know me here know when I do post in areas like this, I don't just run off the mouth. 

Now to be told to get off of Hunt-Wa because of my views on wolves maybe this poster needs to realize that no everyone thinks the same in the world. To answer your questions of me being a wolf lover, let me put you all at ease by saying yes I am. I was raise to respect ALL of nature. Do I agree with the wolf being reintroduced to the lower 48? Not by a long shot. Would I kill a wolf for attacking stock (including hounds) in a heart beat. Would I shoot one just to shoot one? No.

You know sometimes a person just get tired of hearing nothing but wolf bashing. How many have even seen a wolf in the wild? It just like hearing about the Indians killing all the deer and elk day in and day out from the time hunting season open, until fishing season gets going. Yeah it ticks me off, but there is not a lot I can do about it here. I do let my Senators know what is going on (from what I have seen and not heard of from a friend of a friend). Just like the gas prices. Heck we're on a first name bases  :chuckle:

Alright I'm done running off with the jibs, and have to get some work done around here before the boss lady comes home and beats on me..

Hunterman(Tony)     
SOMR PEOPLE HAVE TO WAIT THEIR WHOLE LIFE TO MEET THEIR HUNTING BUDDY. I RAISED MINE.

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
Re: More Hounds down due to Wolves in MT.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »
Well said

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal